Author Topic: Dumb-Ass  (Read 1604 times)

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
Re: Dumb-Ass
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
Well done repair, Smoke!

The reinforcing plates were a great idea.

Accidents happen, this was a great recovery.  :thumb:

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 02:57:10 PM »
Sadly. I need to revisit this repair. A mechanics worst nightmare.  :o. What is know in the trade as a comeback.. :whistle:

Ceej and I had a nice visit here at CJ's harem. Lana had suddenly developed  a floppy head. With his assistance we diagnosed the problem. Yes  it was a loose mounting bolt..But also on further inspection.. much worse.. The glue I used on the skull fracture broke away.TheTwo flimsy mending plates I used held the pieces together and kept her head from falling off. But the plates are not sturdy enough to keep her head solid resulting in a floppy bobble head.. I have repair plan phase 2 now in the planning stage. I just need to gather the necessary materials . I will up date this  thread later...
Humble servant of CJ's Harem .

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me,
They bury me some place I don't want to be,
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously,
Away from the swollen city-breeze, garbage bag trees,
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly, sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy,

100th Meridian.
Gord Downie. Tragically Hip.

If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »
As always with repairs its a learning curve to find a lasting solution
Sad to say I have had to go back on repairs but in the end you get a repair that holds.
Hope MK II repair holds up for you and Lana
for album click the pic

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
Ahhhh!  What we go through for Our ladies,  :-*   Remember, she ain't heavy, she's my doll!   :thumb:

Good luck, You will get it right, doll lovers always do!   ^-^
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
Lana's a GORGEOUS little sweetheart.   It was a joy to meet her :)...and if you want some help please don't hesitate to give me a shout :)

I meant to offer an idea when I was there with you, but we were having so much fun, the conversations went on and it slipped my mind.  :P
If I may, how about making a full plate with a bend to fit under the scull like I drew in the pic? then using short fat screws, screw it in place.

A full plate like this may offer more strength and will have room for more screws to share the load. 

If her scull material is the same as Sandy's (I think it is) Silpoxy will stick reasonably well to it. I used silpoxy to reattach the Velcro pads to Sandy's scull and it holds them really well..so maybe for some extra strength, scuff up the surfaces of both the scull and the plate really well, and use a bit of silpoxy adhesive along with the screws for an even stronger hold.

Just a couple of thoughts, if you haven't thought of them already.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »
Hmmm. Sounds like The Canadian Doll Parliment had a small meet.  :thumb:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 11:14:18 PM »
Is there a way to put those two plates on the other side? Then you could make a sandwich with Ceej's plate idea. Another idea, once the plate is in place, use some fiberglass for more strength. But that is probably overkill.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 04:04:48 AM »
Yeah. I will admit that when I did this first repair it was done in the interest of getting her into  :ceej: shape quickly rather then focusing on a lasting repair. I'm really not shocked that it didn't last..Although I was hopeful or maybe overly optimistic..?? :whistle:

@ Ceej . Well my repair plan is similar to yours but yours is much better.  I will be following this advice.. Thank you .. I hadn't thought of using silpoxy along with the plate.. (actually a large fender washer screwed to the broken pieces.)  That will work good! Thanks for the advice.. And yes we did have a good time I think!.. :thumb:

@ Cred: Now you just took that Idea  and made it better again.  I think If I scrap the mending plates all together and sandwich two fender washers on either side of the skull base . Drill and   use small bolts  along with Ceej's Sil-poxy idea  she should be as solid as a rock!!

Thanks again Guys and I'll update as soon as I have things all together!

:cheers:
Humble servant of CJ's Harem .

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me,
They bury me some place I don't want to be,
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously,
Away from the swollen city-breeze, garbage bag trees,
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly, sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy,

100th Meridian.
Gord Downie. Tragically Hip.

If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.