Author Topic: ds doll eyes  (Read 413 times)

Ukcouple 2015

• New Resident
ds doll eyes
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »
hi has anyone got any good ideas to make eyes on ds silicone doll look bigger thanks

WhiteFox

• New Resident
  • There is no life like a doll life.
Re: ds doll eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:06:33 AM »
Been wondering that myself to. I wanted to do an anime shoot, but every tutorial online that I found (with real people) were all about using big lenses and makeup.
It wasn't really the effect that I wanted, it even looked weird.

I did find some anime latex masks online, but they are kind of expensive.

mi6c

• New Resident
Re: ds doll eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:41:28 AM »
@Ukcouple2015
Well, this is pretty tricky in any case, but I am not really sure what exactly you are after - a larger iris or a more open / more white showing eye itself.
DS uses thin walled cylinders, holding an eye of 24mm diameter by a spring with the newer versions having a sqare alignment bottom.
While this allows to move the iris somewhat easier by rotating the eyeball ( though sometimes the spring prefers unwanted positions) it also makes exchanging the eyes a bit more problematic, both against other DS eyes due to the whole cylinder needing exchange as well as towards non-DS eyes as you'd need to stuff something behind them to fill the compartment.
To actually get a larger iris you'd either have to take the DS mechanism apart, replace the original eyeball with a new one of the wanted iris size and then put the mechanism together again and back into the head or just replace their whole eye mechanism with an eye of your choice of about 24-25mm diameter and a lot of stuffing behind.
One way to make the eyeball optically larger( to show more white) without actually cutting into the material around the eye is to put some more material in the back, making the eye bulge slightly forward and thereby look bigger - but again, with the DS cylinders, despite their interesting design, this is more tricky.
Hope this helps a bit.
Kind regards.
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.