Author Topic: Insert vs Built-In  (Read 722 times)

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
Insert vs Built-In
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:46:24 AM »
I didn't think another day would come where I was seriously considering a second doll, but that's what's happening now.

One of the decisions I need to make is with regard to the all important cooch and hoping to get a few of your thoughts.

When I got Rachel, there was no question (not in my mind) on which direction to go.  To me, the insert was the far better choice for a number of reasons to include general maintenance, cleaning and replacement whenever that need arrived.

With a built-in cooch, it seems the limitations and potential issues would rule out this option - this is where I need some feedback.

Am I imagining things here?  Are there benefits to the built-in that I'm not aware of?

What is the best way to do cleaning / drying etc ?  My fear is having weird odors develop over time.

Still not sure whether I'll go through with this purchase as other factors will come into play if I do... I'm not ready for a second doll in terms of my living space and would probably need to put Rachel on the auction block, so there's lots to think about here.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback!

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
Re: Insert vs Built-In
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:09:23 AM »
I'm probably in the minority on this but most are going to tell you to go for inserts.  It has pretty much everything going for it.   Easy cleaning, can buy more than one to change looks etc...

I bought a TPE doll with an insert and really regret it.  I'm more of a visual person.  I don't like seeing things that give away the fact that it's a doll.  Yeah, I know, what about the seams and such?   Nothing can be done there so I had to deal with that.

My TPE doll's insert is just a tube with a hole in it.  The insert hole on the doll has the labia and such and when I put the insert inside her it looked like 'a hole within a hole'.  I've seen pictures of dolls with inserts spread eagle and you can clearly see the gap between the insert and the hole you place it in the doll.  For me that's a deal breaker.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 02:56:35 AM »
I guess it all depends on who makes the doll, or insert.

The new RDs have a good insert; look and feel.

Ruby13 there is no choice, but the feel is great, and after 4 years, they are durable  :whistle:

The TPE dolls are good once broken in, and I think the look is okay, especially when not spread.
With the insert inside you wouldn't know it unless the legs were spread.

With others the labia are on the insert, and there can be a gap between the labia and the body.
You can't see it in this picture because of the skirt, but the top of the labia sticks out a bit from the body.
Not bad, but not perfect. Some people glue the insert in along the edge so they can remove it if it gets damaged.

Okay Mahtek's Dyanna is a better example. She has a better fit than Paula, but you can still see a line;

But with a little photoshop we can fix that;

For that reason my next doll will have an insert. Even without photoshop the look is good.
Plus all the other benefits of an insert.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:11:59 AM »
Hey oleesheetmon :)

Like Euchre Visual/asthetics is very important to me. Incred showed some good looking examples of inserts that look good.  Also they have more benefits as you already know..

My next doll will have an insert with labia. If I ultimately decide the looks just don't work, like Incred mentioned I will make the decision then as to glue it in
for a more natural blended look.

"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »
insert for silicone dolls and fixed for tpe for all the above reasons

silicone fixed is more difficult to repair while tpe dolls I consider as  throwaways.
In comparison to silicone durability for tpe is from my limited experiences not as lasting as silicone
for album click the pic

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »
I have the same reflexion in the last days than you Olee....and I currently in the process to have another doll that I ordered with an insert ( tpe YL 160).

I m asking to myself if I do an error do go with an insert, as many people talk about the trouble shooting sometimes to insert their penis inside. Many tell that you have to be hard as rock, or it is do not work.

Tell me, why you want to change your Rachel ? She is not the pearl of all dolls in the market ?
Future owner of a Sinthetics 1H Alicia, Celestine, Eliza and Yuriko...in the production list !
Happy owner of 2 CLM 160 !

Former owner of a 165cm K cup gigantic boobs.
Former owner of Abby (Maya) 100cm LARGE breast.
Former owner of a Penthouse® Jenna Rose CyberSkin® Reality Girl

Doc Brown

• Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:47:37 PM »
For that reason my next doll will have an insert. Even without photoshop the look is good.
Plus all the other benefits of an insert.

Rebecca?

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
I have the same reflexion in the last days than you Olee....and I currently in the process to have another doll that I ordered with an insert ( tpe YL 160).

I m asking to myself if I do an error do go with an insert, as many people talk about the trouble shooting sometimes to insert their penis inside. Many tell that you have to be hard as rock, or it is do not work.

Tell me, why you want to change your Rachel ? She is not the pearl of all dolls in the market ?

Hey Mike... Sounds like this is comes down to personal preference but now that I have an insert, I have a difficult time switching to a built-in.  In my opinion, the insert gives so many options not available with a built-in.  Tell you what... not a day goes by where I don't stare at my Rachel in awe of the piece of work she is.  As much as anyone ordering from Sinthetics gets frustrated with the wait, the dolls they produce are true works of art.  I'm facing the reality of my ageing process and the fact she may become a bit too much for me in coming years.  I'm looking for a lighter doll and somewhat captivated by the new offering from Private Island Beauties.  I'm not certain that's what I'll do but leaning in that direction right now.   While Rachel's weight is not an issue now, I sense that day is coming and right now, she is in like new condition with no visible flaws whatsoever.  Because she's beautiful, sexy as hell and in such great condition, there would be no better time to market her than right now.  Of course the fact whoever adopts her would not have to wait 18 months like I did, that would be a big selling point as well.

All indications are I'll know what I'll be doing in the next 1-2 weeks.  But the mere thought of seeing Rachel leave me is really tough to think about.  I've got some serious soul searching to do here...

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
A decision Im looking at as well although I could not sell on my dolls but for play certainly looking at lighter dolls .
Hard choices for us more advanced in age doll fanciers. :laugh:
for album click the pic

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 10:53:21 PM »
I've heard that inserts, particularly with silicone dolls, are better casue the insert will have a differetn softness than the doll itself. so that's another benefit.

Me personally I like the insert for ease of cleaning. Having to deal with the potential mess of water and spooge in my bedroom is not a desired thing. We do it. I take out insert and deal with cleanup in the bathroom with a toilet and sink, I don't have to lug her there..

Maybe one day when artificial partners can clean them selves (and that day will come) this topic won't even be an issue. =D Till then, insert.
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »
It does really boil down to personal preference, but I have three TPE dolls all 153cm and two of them have fixed vagina's and one has an insert, for me the insert does not work. I will never purchase another doll with an insert. The fixed vagina looks better, it feels immensely better and it just simply is better (For Me at Least). With TPE it is not recommended to leave the insert in, so when you figure the time and possibility of damage from inserting the insert, and the time to remove it, it actually takes me longer to clean her up after play than it does for me to clean up the two girls with fixed vaginas.

But as I said at the end of the day it is really a personal choice.

Good luck!
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 12:22:43 AM »

I recently learned something very different (was new to me) regarding inserts.  It appears Private Island Beauties has inserts very different from any others I'm aware of.  For their dolls, the labia is permanently attached to the doll and the insert is inside - completely invisible from the outside.

I was having an exchange with Patrick when this came to light.  Like I said, this was new to me but thought it was a great idea.

I will learn much more about these very soon - I ended up ordering their new Spinner Doll and should arrive in another month or so.  Not sure how to act not having to wait 18 months for a doll.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:53 AM »
Congratulations, Olee! I'm sure that you won't be disappointed!

My feelings regarding inserts vs fixed is similar to Ray's.

I like inserts for my silicone dolls for the feel, and for never having to do a recore again. That said, I leave the inserts in and clean them like a fixed doll.

Why?

Because pulling them in and out tends to eventually damage the insert and the doll.

And cleaning a fixed doll is easy, and not any mess if you know how to do it right. http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=933

For my TPE doll, I regret not getting a fixed vagina. Not for any feel or penetration issues, but because of splitting at the top of the vagina from pulling the insert in and out. If not for that, my doll would still be perfect. And as Ray so rightly wrote, TPE doll are far more replicable that silicone dolls.

Eventually I'll get a replacement body for Nuan, and it will be a fixed vagina doll.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 07:16:58 AM »
Like everything Doll related there are pros and Cons to both Built in and inserts...  Like Mahtek has said... The insert can be more harmful to the doll in the long run because of the constant remove and reinsert for cleaning..  Detrimental to both doll and the insert itself.. It's a matter of preference . My Tori is a Mecha and there is no insert option for those. I have found that there is less wear and tear on her just cleaning her normally than the insert dolls I have that have to suffer the trauma of having the insert removed and reinstalled every time... :whistle:
Humble servant of CJ's Harem .

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me,
They bury me some place I don't want to be,
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously,
Away from the swollen city-breeze, garbage bag trees,
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly, sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy,

100th Meridian.
Gord Downie. Tragically Hip.

If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.