Author Topic: The doorbell rings. It is Denise, Annabelle, and June -- and Cynthia as well...  (Read 48531 times)

dmc1281

• New Resident
Re: The doorbell rings. It is Denise, Annabelle, and June...
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »
I love Annabelle's freckles.
The permanent freckles that Matt applied to Annabelle and June are totally life-like.

I've been deciding if I want freckles or not when I finally save up and this is pushing me to the "yes, get freckles" look.

They are beauties, very hypnotizing. I want to stop looking but I can't for some strange reason.

Knighthorse

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Resident
    • Sinthetics, The devil is in the details....
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »
Blackbear,
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!! I am just kidding my friend. Thanks for the honest observation and point of view. I respect your input and will openly take a critique any time you wish to share your thoughts.

While I do love the body and it will always have a special place in my heart, there have always been some things about the body that I wished I would have done a little differently. Truth be told, we have had plans to rework the body 1 for some time.  Now that we are retiring the body, I will use this opportunity to make some of the changes that I wished I would have had the time for in the beginning. 

The hands, I think are not so much a matter of size, but the position of the models hand when I cast them. Her palms were very flat and that has exaggerated the look of the size. When the hand is put into a more neutral position they dont look as big, but from some angles they do seem somewhat out of proportion. I have also learned that where I place the wrist pivot is crucial to how the hands look as well. This is one of the areas I will be addressing in the new bodies very carefully.

Mahtek, the hands and feet are actually cast from different models entirely. It ends up being somewhat of a bride of Frankenstein in the beginning. I search for models with various looks and try my best to meld them into the final version of the body.

As for the curvature in the legs, that is a normal characteristic of the shin. I think due to this models thin figure it may seem somewhat more arched than on other body types. I have never been bothered by this look but I will make sure I keep my eye on that as I move forward to make sure I can keep to the most realistic body I can make. I will be releasing a new body to fill its spot in our line sometime soon.

Everhard, I am thrilled that you noticed the body blushing. This something new that I have not even talked about to date. We had one customer who requested that we do this to his doll and I absolutely loved the outcome so much that I have made it a standard practice on all dolls we ship now. You are the first one to notice this subtle touch. I feel its adds so much life to the dolls, we have been planning on making a blog talking about all of the latest advancements we have made. I think with every new doll there is something that I had learned with the one prior therefore they are ever evolving. Thank you for sharing your pictures, We look forward to seeing more and hearing more about your experience with the dolls.

Sincerely,

Matt K.

mytime

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »
Matt K wrote
The hands, I think are not so much a matter of size, but the position of the models hand when I cast them. Her palms were very flat and that has exaggerated the look of the size. When the hand is put into a more neutral position they dont look as big, but from some angles they do seem somewhat out of proportion. I have also learned that where I place the wrist pivot is crucial to how the hands look as well. This is one of the areas I will be addressing in the new bodies very carefully.

Matt, my respect, I experienced it can be a curse to get such things right. I have had to redo the left shoulder of the doll body I'am working onl 2 times and the right shoulder 4 times till I had the shoulders in such way that I thought, hey this is symetric and anatomically correct, and satisfies me, what a work! I can imagine it becomes even more difficult when life cast parts come into the mix..., though its very nice stuff to work on, even with the simple material I use (carputty).
I do admire your work and walk tiptoed to try to get my own work/doll as good as I can.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
Doll community member since april 2003, doll owner since august 2004

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
     The combination of face and wig for June gives her, at least to my eyes, a decidedly English look.  :)
And to my eyes too, even as an Englishman. She seems hyper-English, somehow. Frankly, I had never imagined such a doll until I put that head on the body -- and something major happened in that room. The woman making the documentary caught on too. With her prompting, I reallocated some clothes I planned for Denise to June. (That greenish check top, for example.) Similarly a big location shoot I have planned. June is a new person; so photogenic. Totally captivating.

Also, do you know when and where the documentary will be showing?
No idea. This is a relatively low budget thing and nothing is certain. The film maker is up against the problem that Guys and Dolls already covered the broad subject. However, with the help of some advisers (highly placed film professionals) she is trying for a 'different narrative'. It's a bit scary actually.
 :-\

As for the curvature in the legs, that is a normal characteristic of the shin. I think due to this models thin figure it may seem somewhat more arched than on other body types.
Two points: In the first photo of Denise, her legs (as a whole) are slightly bowed out because her weight is on them. (Because of a problem with the stand.) The second point is the slightly bowed look of the calves. I think it is natural. It is similar to the curves of Laura, my 4woods Neo-J, although she has a much chubbier build (in the legs at least). When I see a real girl with that look, I find it rather attractive. My inclination would be to retain that leg shape in the new body under development.

Blackbear also mentioned the size of her feet. She takes UK size 4 or 4.5 shoes, which is about average I think for that size of girl.

caveman

• New Resident
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 06:16:59 PM »
I just want to agree with Everhard on the leg shape.  I think that KH/LD is onto a very good thing with that slightly athletic look.  Matt calls it more "in focus."  I think it is the clearer muscular definition he's referring to.  To me, it's a more athletic look and I really like it.  To me the calves on the LD set it apart in hotness, but we all have those details we focus on.  I must admit, I have only seen pictures though so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Caveman

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
Congratulations on your ladies Everhard.
Beautiful and Tasteful as ever.

muz
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
They are all so sweet and incredibly beautiful.

they seem to smile...and be attentive to you.It's very cute.

I've just seen the pictures in color...wow the skin seems so soft,is it?

I'm breathless

Musician

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »
I just want to agree with Everhard on the leg shape.  I think that KH/LD is onto a very good thing with that slightly athletic look.  Matt calls it more "in focus."  I think it is the clearer muscular definition he's referring to.  To me, it's a more athletic look and I really like it.  To me the calves on the LD set it apart in hotness, but we all have those details we focus on.  I must admit, I have only seen pictures though so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Caveman

Caveman,

When you go to visit LD, your going to be blown away when you see these beauties in person. It is wonderfully amazing!

I never noticed any odd curvature of the shins. I always just thought Roselle's legs looked normal....but an incredibly hot normal.  :P

I'm like you Caveman, I like the athletic looking, trim legs...an ohhh...the booty!  So round, so firm, so fully packed...that's my girl!  :o 8)
My doll's name is Roselle. She is a Lovable Doll, made by Matt Krivicke. Makeup by Bronwen Keller.

sactojoe

• New Resident
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 06:27:59 AM »
Congratulations Everhard! Your new dolls are beautiful, and they have such distinct personalities.

I love your arrival dialogue on the first pics. It reminds me of a BBC show I used to watch as a kid. "To the Manor Born"?

The plaid shirt is perfect for June. What a happy accident.

Great styling overall! Good job.  :)

joeyjoey

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »
Everhard, I hope the documentary is released and it shows your girls in the best light.  You certainly have a way with giving them all distinct personalities.  I really love the atmosphere and stories that you create with them.

The only shows I've ever seen here in the States that originated 'across the pond' are Upstairs/Downstairs, and Danger UXB.  Oh wait, there was also Absolutely Fabulous and Monty Python's Flying Circus!  And my favorite (!) ....Gerry Anderson's THUNDERBIRDS! 

Now that I think about it, Britain owns the world a huge apology for giving us Benny Hill.   ;)

Everhard, if you're taking requests, I'd love to see you do something with a Thunderbirds theme!  Lady Penelope or Tintin maybe? (boy, what I would give to own one of the actual dolls from that series!  Gerry Anderson was brilliant!)

Keep up the great photography!   We all love it!

JJ

Musician

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 01:15:07 PM »

Now that I think about it, Britain owns the world a huge apology for giving us Benny Hill.   ;)

JJ

Okay, I'll admit it, (hides face)....I loved Benny Hill!  There...I said it, and I'm not ashamed I tell you...I'm not, I'm not! May he rest in peace and still be having a good laugh in heaven.  :laugh:

Everhard,
All of your shots of your new girls are wonderful. It's so hard to pick a favorite, but this one of June really jumps out to me. Such serenity and expression.

My doll's name is Roselle. She is a Lovable Doll, made by Matt Krivicke. Makeup by Bronwen Keller.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
I've just seen the pictures in color...wow the skin seems so soft,is it?
Yes and no. (I should be a politician.) The silicone is the same as the rest of the doll, as far as I know, but the 'bone' is closer to the surface in the head, so in the larger sense it is not as soft. However, you do not really want to go squeezing the faces of these dolls because that will eventually wear out the painted make-up. It is long-lasting (assuming it is similar to that used on Realdolls) but you still want to minimize contact with the faces.

Spring Crop (2)

I love your arrival dialogue on the first pics. It reminds me of a BBC show I used to watch as a kid. "To the Manor Born"?
I dimly recall seeing bits of that. I guess I do like posh women. (Or, to be precise, I like the idea of posh women. I am told that real posh women tend to be a real pain, but I have never met any.)

And my favorite (!) ....Gerry Anderson's THUNDERBIRDS!
I always fancied Lady Penelope. (See attached photo of Lady P--not the pic of Annabelle--but you can only see it if you are logged in.)

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
I love these pics Everhard! I'm not sure if it is the Black&White coloring or something else, but they look sooooo lifelike! Its amazing.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

joeyjoey

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »
Regarding the hands on Lovable Dolls, I've inspected Sara Nikita's hands and honestly, they seem to be the proper scale for her body size. 

When I look at a fashion model's photograph, I try to pay attention to how she's holding her hands, the angles of the thumb joint, which finger joints are flexed and how far, the extension of the wrist joint, etc.  That helps me pose Sara Nikita in more realistic ways which, in my opinion, change her from looking like a "doll" to more like a real person.

How a doll's hands, wrists and fingers are positioned really have a big effect on the illusion of life.  It's subtle, but contributes greatly to the realism. 

I'm not sure if Everhard has a different model of hands on his LD's, but when positioned in a realistic fashion, Sara Nikita's hands appear proportionate to her body.

... and what a body!

JJ

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:13 PM »
What a body indeed!

I'm pretty sure there is only one set of hands available for the Lovable Dolls right now. Posing them might have everything to do with this perceived size difference. I know that posing angles can make a huge difference in the viewed size of body parts like breasts or arms. 
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.