Author Topic: Too cold for photos  (Read 219 times)

akira-fan

• Resident
Too cold for photos
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:18:01 PM »
It's been hanging around in the low 30s temp wise all week here -- in Florida :o and as the headline says: It's too cold for photographs (or at least naughty ones :whistle: ) so here are some pictures I took of him bundled up with his friends (I head canon that the penguin was a gift from his friend "James." ;D )

Hopefully, it'll warm up enough by next week that I can get those holiday shirt/shorts off of him. Why should "James" be the naughty one on this board? :P

Edit: I'm not sure why the headshot is so small. I must have resized it wrong for the gallery. :-[ I'll repost it later in a slightly larger size.... if I remember too.

monitorep

• New Resident
    • Comic Books In The Media
Re: Too cold for photos
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
James likes the little ones in the pics.

It is hard to figure out what type of pics to come up with to post in the warm weather and those of us who are not used to very cold weather its worse.  You did good.
Love Comics, Action Figures, Skinny Boys/Men & James Donghai

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
akira-fan,

Cute pictures for a cold day!

You wrote, "I'm not sure why the headshot is so small." When you posted the link, you grabbed the "thumb" instead of the "normal". It is an easy mistake, and I have done the same. Just change the link and all will be fine.

http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/albums/userpics/thumb_DSC00189.JPG

http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC00189.JPG

;) ;) ;)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 01:58:23 PM »
Considering I moved to Florida (where 30 degrees IS considered "cold") from Maryland (via Northern Pennsylvania) I know what winter is like, and thus don't appreciate you INSULTING me like that. :scold:

Which totally ruins the mood of the post I initially came here to make: He has four or five outfits in my (his) closet, but I have idea what to put my doll in. I'm not sure if I should update this post later or post pictures of said outfits in a new post (he won't get a new thread until he gets the new outfit on him. 8)

However, as I was trying to decide this, I got an e-mail from Epoch Property Mgt saying that "the annual fire sprinkler inspection is this Wednesday at 9am." Thankfully, I have fire sprinklers in BOTH closets so I can't put him in there :-[ so I'll have to either find a way too a) get rid of him, b) get him under my bed or c) come up with a reason I have a plastic dummy in my spare bedroom that doesn't make me sound crazy. :-[

I have spent months dreading this - particularly since I was in the shower when the two firefighters, three leasing agents and the maintenance supervisor burst into my bathroom th :laugh:e first year I lived here. :-[ Hopefully Andy and I will BOTH be dressed when they come by this year.

bowmanc

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »
Aaron would be quite miffed at me if I referred to him as a plastic dummy.

I was shocked at how well my mom and sis took the news of Aaron.  He still lives in my walk-in closet since my house is super open floor-plan. Your landlord and maintenance people have probably seen much worse in other people's homes.

I have an idea. Get a Halloween mask and some monster gloves and pass him off as a Halloween dummy. They would be easy to put on and remove and you won't have to move him. Andy might like the idea and let you take pictures.

At the end of the day you are paying your rent and they have no say what you can and cannot have at your place.

My show ends in February and hope to see you soon.
Leave the world better than you found it.

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »
A buffet of options clothes wise - and this is just the first few pieces. I have a few jerseys (which would good for camo too ;D). I have a lot of others that I think would be too small as they were originally bought for Akira (as Sintethics said "Small to Medium" on their site, but with the way his arms move, I wouldn't be able to get him into anything under a Large). Sadly, I cannot take those shirts back, but I can post these pics of shirts I think will fit him.  8)

Probably my favorite of the bunch, ;D but I worry the thin fabric would tear getting it on him.

I bought this one for Akira at an undisclosed location in California. ;) This would look good with a pair of yellow shorts that no longer fit me.

Another Akira shirt (it says "Skydive Hawaii" on the back). This would work with the black or white shorts from a previous shoot

I like to think they were a gift from his cousin Hunter, :thumb: but they're actually my pajamas (bought at the Raglan Road in D-town Disney) that no longer fit me. :(

This comic book style shirt was a gift from his friend James :thumb: (came in the same box as the santa penguin), but no I got it at Gamestop for Akira  ;D

Andy isn't much of a beer drinker, but this shirt would pair well with either the aforementioned yellow or white shorts.

As I said: I have red shorts, white shorts, yellow shorts and black shorts. I have a pair or green camo shorts, but I suspect they are too small for him.  :(

Which one should I go with?

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:48:05 PM »
Since no one gave me any input on what to put him in (meaning I took all those photos for nothing), I was forced to make the decision myself. Yes, I woke up at 2:38 yesterday morning to temperatures once again in the 30s so I went with the sweatshirt from The Virginia Zoo in Norfolk. Fortunately, the pre-ripped front made it getting it over his head-bolt easier than most shirts... but I'm still worried about getting it off him.

Speaking of worried, the first "State-mandated fire inspection" with a full sized sex doll is two days away and undressing him has caused a huge mess in my spare room. I figured I could put him in my office chair and roll him up to the desk with his giant "DJ-style" headphones on :laugh: (though the silver neck-bolt would still be clearly visible as he can't wear a hat over said headphones) and pretend he's "listening to music" or something.

I tried finding a cute beanie like "Ethan" wears
(what happened to DollAdmirer anyway?)... but I couldn't find one at Walmart when I was out this afternoon :( (they must have moved them since my last visit as I couldn't find them in their usual spot with "Accessories").

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:46:01 PM »
Here are some of the photos I took after coming back from Wal-Mart this afternoon. The quality is a bit poor (though I tried correcting the color a bit), but I doubt the zoo was really asking for publicity on this kind of forum:P

I may upload some more pictures tomorrow - some of them might even be good. :o But, this is enough for right now.