Author Topic: The future of TPE  (Read 561 times)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: The future of TPE
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:15 PM »
If you are a Dinosaur like me, we all scoffed at Technoguy's "Prophecy of Chang" thread on TDF many, many years ago.

I don't know if it still exists in the depths over there.

But, To summarize, He predicted mass produced dolls, with a minimum of options to speed production, made by the Chinese...

The only point, to my recollection, that he missed on was the weight. He thought they would be very light in comparison.

I believe we also ran him out of town with torches and pitchforks, but that was for other reasons.  ;D :whistle:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 07:08:44 PM »

DS going into TPE? That's going to be huge because you know they're all going to follow.  :thumb:

This is yet to be confirmed so take it with a pinch of salt, it's only inter doll gossip, you know what they're like !.....

COPY THAT!  :thumb:

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 04:26:39 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: Its funny looking back on Technoguy's  predictions.

Sad to say amongst all the dross he put up this one seems to have come true.

quote; I believe we also ran him out of town with torches and pitchforks, but that was for other reasons.

Ah those were the days.... ;D
for album click the pic

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »
Hey Camp;  Just did a member search on TDF, was curious from these posts, but nothing comes up! Could I be spelling it wrong "Technoguy" ? 
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »
Hey Camp;  Just did a member search on TDF, was curious from these posts, but nothing comes up! Could I be spelling it wrong "Technoguy" ?

Try searching "Prophecy of..." And see what that turns up.

Another one of the reasons for our departure was a lust by the new owner to revise history. Starting with Midiman changing his join date to make him look more "reputable".
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »
Found this thread started by itsme:  Lock all post they all violate rule 3    Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:03 pm  That's the oldest that comes up pertaining to a search on: "Prophecy of..." It talks about the thread being locked, but I cannot find a listing on the thread they are speaking of, so it may not be there any more!

Baby Ammie

• New Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
oh I see rule number 3= I don't like you so you cant post

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
Getting back to the original topic....

TPE dolls have been on the market a relatively short time, but in that time the dolls have improved by leaps and bounds. The sculpts for both heads and bodies continues to improve, and they have responded fairly quickly to improvements in the skeleton demanded by consumers. Now that there are more than one actual manufacturer, the competition within the TPE doll market will drive further improvements, as the manufacturers and distributors vie for the customer's money.

This can only benefit the consumer, but what about the legacy silicone doll makers? There are new TPE faces and bodies coming out almost monthly, and the TPE makers have not shied away from producing niche dolls, such as elves, muscle women, anime, and etcetera. This is actually a brilliant strategy, and one that the legacy doll makers cannot afford to copy. Any new movie, video game or TV show can suddenly effect what the masses deem desirable. By having literally everything on hand, they are well poised to exploit any current fad quickly. The legacy manufacturers, producing one or two bodies or heads per year at most, cannot hope to be able to match this capability.

So what are the legacy manufacturers to do if they hope to survive in this new marketplace? Currently, they have a lock on detail and realism, and that they cannot afford to lose. They will also have to focus on long term durability. They must not be seen as an item that will need to be replaced in a few years. The added money for a silicone doll must stand up to the economics of amortization, otherwise people will do the math and choose the cheaper option. Also, the ease of silicone repair must be coupled with customer support, either by making tutorials available and keeping them current, providing advanced fool proof repair kits or actual timely doll repair services. As a comparison, yes, you pay a lot more for an Iphone, but the ease of use and customer service make the cost worth it to a great many people. Android sells the most phones, but Apple makes all of the money.

For my tastes, I am partial to silicone. My Realdoll Body F is an outstanding doll in both form and function. There is a very, very good reason why they are on backorder and will continue to be in the near future. That said, I have a WM 140 doll that is a fun doll to play with, but started having tearing issues almost immediately. Eventually I will replace her body, as it's cheap enough to do. I bought her as an experiment to see if I liked TPE, and I do. If silicone dolls fall by the wayside, I will shed my tears, but I will just switch to TPE and continue in the hobby.

Whether silicone continues to be relevant in the era of TPE is completely up to the legacy doll manufacturers. Let's see how bad they want to win this game.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

zarnon61

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 10:28:25 PM »
Lol... Technoguy!  He was one of those  "throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" kind of fellow as I recall. 

I think the next big step whether TPE or silicone will be robotics.  The first doll that can pelvic thrust without breaking or weighing a ton will own the market. 

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 04:30:07 AM »
@zarnon61;  So far as I know, all of the robotic research to date is going on with Silicone Dolls. There are some TPE dolls out there that have some A.I. functionality, but no robotics. I honestly don't think that TPE could withstand the stresses of much if any robotic functionality. TPE does have it pros, but I don't think it is very well suited for robotics!

As for the legacy manufacturers, there are more and more people like myself, that LOVE the realism that Silicone brings to dolls, and ALL of the many other attributes as well, but, not having the ability to stand, at least for me is a deal breaker. The added functionality that the ability to stand brings is simply too big to do without!  When you couple that with the fact that TPE manufacturers will (in time) start to focus in on more realism, it is simply a must for the legacy manufacturers to add this functionality to their already impressive dolls. This does not mean that the ability to hang them from a bolt would or should go away. It is simply another option that should at least be given to the consumer. And at least for now they have the ability to do it better than the Chinese competition.

RealDoll did a survey on TDF a short while ago, inquiring about what would it take to make you an Abyss customer, (that may not be exactly the way it was phrased) but it was close. My point is that the biggest response that they got (after a laughable "Make a $2500.00 doll") was to offer a standing option! This is an option that the legacy doll makers have to implement sooner rather than later! "I only refer to the $2500.00 doll as laughable because I honestly don't believe you could get the level of overall quality that the legacy doll makers produce in a $2500.00 doll.

The A.I. is a really nice touch, and I truly believe it can and will lead to new markets. But the robotics will be amazing in a very short period of time I do believe, but I don't think you will see it very much in TPE. I think that at least for the initial time Silicone will Build and Rule that marketplace!

(  All of the above is ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and THOUGHTS )

Thanks!
CrazyCajun   

Feguro

• New Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
I’ve only TPE experience since a few months.
For the near future I think the market will be parted as it is now. Lower budget TPE and higher budget silicone segment and something between.
It depends on our different preferences/interests. Most of them are:
photography,
partner,
sex / body feeling,
hand / foot-lovers,
or the multiple interests,
and of course, the weight.

I think the main interest is the sex body feeling, but I can be wrong. For me it looks like that people choose more a TPE to fullfill this interest in a cheaper way than silicone.
I’m not sure if the TPE manufacturers are able come to near or same silicone quality, look and options. I think not and I know: as more quality/options as more will be the wait time and the costs.

For my actual TPE, I hope they are stable in material for long time and I hope I'm careful enough when moving, to become better doing Make up and able to fix their (2 of them) tears in a good way.

Sinthetics - Body 1H Celeste, YL 150 160, 140, JY 166 156, 161

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
I have refrained from this thread until now because I didn't want to disagree with other members I respect, BUT....
I have a supersoft Jinsan doll that is Far softer than ANY silicone doll I've encountered, and that includes Rubies and new Real Doll body F's. Her name is Jotti. I should have brought her to Dollstock to let you see for yourselves, but could only fit one doll in the car, and that doll of course was Kwench. Having said that, it's not all rosy. She is squishy as shit - all over too, not a varying level like a more expensive silicone doll, which incidentally costs about 4 times as much. So if you squeeze her arms or legs, you'll go straight to the "bone," which is unnatural, but those tits and ass are to die for. And we are talking unmatched jiggle city. Another drawback of a supersoft doll is rumored fragility and short lifespan, although Jotti seems to be holding up quite well and has been standing a year and a half nearly non-stop. Her knees are weaker than they once were, but she's been a real good doll. She won't stand forever though, and will one day be needing a neck hook unless I cut her and tighten her and I may, because I REALLY LIKE the standing feature, much better than the neck hook, which requires a stand that takes up a lot of space and must be shopped out of pics. You can pack standing TPE dolls like sardines. I really like the standing feature, and would like to see that incorporated into silicone dolls. All it would take for a Real Doll to stand is a another level or two of duracast stiffness and tighter joints. I wouldn't care if the feet were tough as tires, as long as the doll could stand on her feet, especially in heels without damage. And let's lose the bolts - that goes for TPE too. They have tougher, stiffer TPE compounds too, that could be used for feet. I believe we will see this option for both materials in the future.
I rarely boink my silicone dolls any more, because TPE dolls feel wonderful and have superior skeletons, something the American silicone companies should take note of, because their PVC bones are brittle and suck, despite their much higher cost. So, there are a couple of things TPE dolls have surpassed them on already. Chinese dolls are improving at an alarming rate, and as I've said before, if the American companies don't pick up the pace on innovation, they are going to go extinct like Ruby, Candy18, and others.
Fortunately, Abyss appears to still be quite healthy, and remains the pinnacle of sex dolls, at least for now. Yeah, I know about Sinthetics, and indeed have one, so let's not go there. You (and they) won't like what I have to say.
Another thing I see coming to TPE is robotics. Abyss and DS have the edge now, but that could quickly change. Because price is a major factor in TPE marketing strategy, they have abandoned this for now, but in the future, mark my words, they will enter this realm in a big way. When the cost of AI goes down, and the quality goes up, demand will rise. It is up to them to decide at what point they jump in, but when one does, if it's a hit, they will all do it.
Much farther down the road from that is a fully robotic sex bot that can walk, talk, cook and clean. Other companies that do not yet exist or are still in their infancy may spring up and take the lead. We shall see. At the rate these advancements are coming, I may be around to see it. I hope so.

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
Dam Begog you need to consider renting a van  ???   like Mahtek does! FOLLOW THE MAHTEK!  :laugh:

zarnon61

• New Resident
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
@Crazycajun.  'I honestly don't think that TPE could withstand the stresses of much if any robotic functionality. TPE does have it pros, but I don't think it is very well suited for robotics!'

I don't know where TPE gets a rep for being less durable than silicone.  I can't begin to count the number of silicone tears I had to fix.   So far on my OR I have only one 1.5 inch one foot tear.   Don't even get me started on the skeleton(s) I've had screw up on silicone dolls. 

I am not talking about a great range of motion for pelvic motion but if someone could mass produce a version of what Real Doll did years ago with a B4 it would be awesome.

@Begog.  Agree 100% on softness.  My experience is far more positive with TPE than silicone and I've owned multiple RD, Boy Toy, Wicked,multiple 4Woods, Ruby, PIB, 1st PC .  I also think that you're right on TPE robotics.  They might not bring the first to market but if there's money to be made they will do it.  It will probably be more talking/sensing type of features than what I'm hoping for (a doll that can ROCK the bedroom!).

I figure the perfect doll will come out when I'm unable to boink her  :laugh: