Author Topic: The Power of "The Rack"  (Read 572 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
The Power of "The Rack"
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »
The Power of "The Rack"
short story excerpt

"Bombshells" is a short story in the series "The Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher, who is a big Star Wars fan. It appears in the anthology "Dangerous Women" edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois.
     Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, is believed to be dead. Molly Carpenter (a blonde) was his apprentice. Andi Macklin (a redhead) is one of the Alphas: people who have learned to shapeshift into wolves. Justine is the girlfriend of Thomas Raith, a vampire of the White Court. White Court vampires do not drink blood. They feed on life force, usually through sexual attraction. In a time of crisis, Justine allowed Thomas to feed on her until she almost died. The feeding turned her hair stark white.

In "Bombshells", Harry's Faerie Godmother, the Leanansidhe, convinces Molly that Thomas is prisoner of the Faerie race Svartalfheim, and is being held at their stronghold. The three knockouts, Molly, Andi, and Justine get dolled up to the nines and crash a formal party that precedes a non-aggression pact signing between Svartalfheim and the Faerie race Formor. Here is an excerpt. The story is narrated by Molly.

"This isn't going to work," Justine murmured.
     "It is going to work," I told her, keeping my tone confident. "We'll breeze right in. The Rack will be with us."
     Justine glanced at me with an arched eyebrow, "The Rack?"
     "The Rack is more than just boobs, Justine," I told her soberly. It's an energy field created by all living boobs. It surrounds us, permeates us, and binds the galaxy together."
     Andi started giggling, "You're insane."
     "But functionally so," I said, and adjusted myself to round out a little better. "Just let go your conscious self and act on instinct."
     Justine stared rather blankly at me for a second. Then her face lightened and she let out a little laugh. "The Rack will be with us?"
     I couldn't stop myself from cracking a smile. "Always."

Later in the story ...

A security guard at the front door asked to see the girls' invitations. Molly narrates:
     I arched an eyebrow at him, gave him what I hoped was a seductive smile, and tried to arch my back a little more. Deploying the Rack had worked before. "You don't need to see our invitation."

Later in the story ...

{Molly speaking to Justine,} "The Rack can have a powerful influence on the weak-minded."

""There's a powerful magic
 When two hearts are one!
 A  powerful magic
 Bright as the sun!"
   Once Upon A Time Mucisal

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
Re: The Power of "The Rack"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »
"The Rack can have a powerful influence on the weak-minded."

Truth! one must steel themselves against the high level illusion attack! Or be in possession of an item to keep them grounded to see through it. =o
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso