Author Topic: Roxie is now the Third! (WMDOLLS with Hinged Necks)  (Read 401 times)

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
Roxie is now the Third! (WMDOLLS with Hinged Necks)
« on: April 15, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »
Today Roxie Marie Morrison became part of a very exclusive club. She got a fully articulated hinged neck assembly!  TommyLLama from the TDF forum so generously contributed his time and equipment to film the procedure for me. We will post the video as soon as we can over at missatleur.com and I will provide a link to it.

She makes the Third WMDolls doll in the world to have a hinged neck assembly. The surgery took about 5 hours, but that isn't bad as things seem to go slower when you are filming. It has normally taken me about 3.5 to 4 hours without filming. She is doing well and has a very minimal scar that will not hardly be noticeable at all. I was really taken away at the extremely poor quality of workmanship found in this neck assembly, it was worse by far than the other two that I have done. The gooseneck assembly had no weld at all on the front 50 percent of the assembly. The re-enforcement collar only had the smallest of the smallest of tacks holding it on. Besides not being welded all around the gooseneck assembly had a spiral inside the re-enforcement collar that had failed. This had failed before the TPE was injected into the mold, that is the only way, besides the fact that it was not welded completely,  that the spiral pipe could have completely filled with TPE, which it was. This doll was from July of 2016 and has had minimal use. This is simply some of the worst workmanship I have ever seen! But she is all good now!

CrazyCajun and the Girls!

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
Re: Roxie is now the Third! (WMDOLLS with Hinged Necks)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:05:09 AM »
  Well, we are still editing the video from Roxie's surgery, we are not editing anything out, but we are attempting to get a 5 hour procedure down to a reasonable time. Don't think anyone would care to watch a 5 hour surgery video. But TommyLLama did a very good job of capturing all of the details of the procedure, including the problems that we had, and so would anyone who attempted the surgery, that is why we want to leave in the problems and how we dealt with them as they arose.
  But until we get the video edited and posted here are a few pictures of the neck assembly that was removed from Roxie. This is the worst of the three dolls that I have performed this retrofit procedure on. Remember this doll is not yet a year old!

Remember these images when you get ready to purchase a doll with a gooseneck neck assembly!

CrazyCajun and the Girls

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:00:21 AM »
What are the two metal rods for?

Thanks for sharing this info.

My Kim is six months old and holding up very well (knocking on wood)

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:53 AM »
Yes, in honesty "most do hold up for a fairly long time" but if you are one of the unlucky one's that has a neck failure there is very few places to turn to. And in the case of April, her skintone is no longer available, as a matter of fact she was one of the last dolls made with that skintone. So I had no alternative but to come up with a repair myself. And Roxie was suppose to be a replacement for April, but the skintone on that body was too far off to be used.

The two stainless steel rods act as stiffeners. The spiral pipe will not support the weight of the heads without the help of either the two stainless steel rods or as YL uses an internal spring. These items is what causes the noises that is heard when the neck is moved. A lot of people think that the noise is a sign of a problem, but it is not. The best way to determine if there is a problem is: if you pose your doll at about a 45 deg. bend and she cannot hold her head looking straight out. That is an indication of a problem. Or if when you hold her in a horizontal position as if you were carrying her across a threshold and her head tilts back and will not stay looking at you, that is an indication of a problem. But the noise is not an indication of any problems or issues!

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
We finally have a live video of a Full Neck Retrofit Replacement. This video is brought to you by TommyLLama and we at MissAtleur cannot thank him enough. He volunteered his time " and it was considerable " his talent and it was considerable and his equipment to bring a full documented video to the doll community. This video is long, it is about 76 minutes, but if you are even remotely considering performing this retrofit procedure, I would highly recommend that you WATCH THIS VIDEO. If you would like it on a DVD contact us and we will get one to you.

I must warn all This video is very graphic. If you have a week stomach, Especially if you are a Synthetic "TPE" individual you may find some scenes disturbing, but I can assure you that the young lady Roxanne Marie Morrison was very pleased with the outcome!

Almost forgot The link: http://missatleur.com/Retrofit.htm

Thank you!

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
crazycajun,

These kinds of repair topics go a long way to improving the hobby for those who own and love these dolls. Thank you for all the work that went into documenting this!

;) ;) ;)
""There's a powerful magic
 When two hearts are one!
 A  powerful magic
 Bright as the sun!"
   Once Upon A Time Mucisal

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3[/

FLDollGuy

• New Resident
    • Mon Amour Toujours
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
Wow! Amazing stuff! Thanks crazycajun for the informative video and thank you Tommy Llama for the video work.

Feguro

• New Resident
  • Feguro
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »

Wow. Lot of work and gives a lot of information. Thank you.;)
Sinthetics - Body 1H Celeste
YL 150 160

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:58 PM »
Thank you all for your support and kind words, I would like to think that NO ONE would EVER need this information, but as long as TPE dolls have the dreaded gooseneck neck assembly and we love them there will unfortunately be a need for this information. The video actually took 5 hours to complete, not including the approximately 30 to 40 hours of editing by TommyLLama to get the video down to a reasonable time of approximately 76 minutes, we know that it is very long, but we really tried to show all of the procedure. Following is a picture of Miss Roxanne Marie Morrison after the surgery and recovery showing the scar that is left from the surgery!

It actually came out very good, but she is my third patient, practice does help. If you are considering this procedure it is well worth getting the correct tools and a good piece of TPE to practice on. If you need TPE to practice on we can get it for you!

Thanks everyone for your support. I hope none of you will ever need this information for anything other than curiosity, but if you do need it, I hope it helps!

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
I just watched your video CC and would like to say you are a true hero sir!! :bow:

I'll never have to do this myself but its really great to see you taking the time and massive effort to show everyone a possible fix and what to expect when attempting it, along with all the tools and equipment needed.  Thumbs up to the camera man also, he did a really good job considering the awkwardness of filming in close quarters. :thumb:

Great job CC you deserve a medal for it!  :cheers:   

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »
First: Thank you Flash for having the gumption to sit through a video that long. And for expressing kind words after doing so. Let me say that the inspiration actually came from Matek and this video of the synthetics /Loveable doll that he did. I could not imagine the stress of doing that at a doll meet.

And I would like to again thank TommyLLama for contributing a full day of videoing and the equipment that he provided and the large amount of time he spent to get 5 hours of video down to something reasonable, but we did want to be as complete as we could. This could not have happened without his generous donation of time talent and equipment to what I believe is a worthy cause.  ^-^

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 09:16:38 AM »
I'm always interested and amazed by the way people think around these types of problems so to me the video was well worth the time watching. ;)  Its good how we can all learn and gain some ideas from other members to help solve these problems and get it done the right way.

The heat knife trick was especially great to watch, along with seeing the specially cut out tube tube and spreading ring used for the operation everything looked well thought out and prepared, yeah always a few snags on the way no matter how well you prepare... made me laugh when the allen key got stuck in the bolt after finally getting the saddle to fit.  :laugh:   

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
FlashGordoll;  Thanks and glad you liked the videos.

TommyLLama and I have just performed an exploratory neck surgery on a YL Huge Breast doll. Stay tuned for the " Very Unexpected " results that we discovered, the problems that we uncovered and the methods that we used to overcome these problems! Also the adaptations that we will make to the original retrofit components to adapt them for use with what we uncovered!

We also did another short video on removal of BodyColor by MissAtleur and also a short video of a very good and safe way in which to thoroughly clean adequately dry a doll with a fixed vagina in only about 10 to 15 minutes!