Author Topic: My Party Doll gone?  (Read 7464 times)

odc061210

• New Resident
My Party Doll gone?
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
I get status 403 on www.mypartydoll.com .  It was reported "over there" that Jim was retiring.  Doll was heavy.  And the last report was that they had done a crappy job on the pour and not fixed it responsibly.  But dolly Leeloo was a very sexy thang

and I'll miss her both because of the shrinking of the market and because I liked looking at pix of her. Once upon a time they even gave jleedee excellent customer service.

Krivicke

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Resident
Re: My Party Doll gone?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:07:40 AM »
My understanding is that Jim was looking to move on from the doll industry and wanted to sell MPD. We had very preliminary mostly just social discussions with him a few months ago - it sounded like he had a buyer. We agree that the Leeloo body had some very attractive attributes.

siliconelover

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Jim closed his doors of MPD on August 1rst of this year as his current 1 year lease was up at this location which was just behind his original location and in the same building that he had occupied for the previous 2 years. He moved into this, a smaller space in what I believe was an attempt to stay viable in the business as he was only selling a doll every 10 to 14 days and probably wasn't making the money he thought he would.

I along with another party made an offer to purchase his business which was to include molds, current stock of supplies and product, vendor lists and contacts along with training in Leeloo manufacturing. We were told that he had already sold it. That was in July of this past summer.

He made a final production run of dolls that he took with him and sold off. I purchased one and received it in August just before he left for his annual summer vacation. This was my second MPD and it wasn't close in workmanship compared to the first one I received the year before. The seams were off (didn't line up) and were sloppy. The skeleton was completely floppy and the doll was discharging alot of oil and was really sticky. The sheet it arrived in was soaked, in comparrision my first doll never discharged a drop and was wonderful to the touch. Then to my HORROR, not 10 minutes out of the box, as I spead her legs apart, the dolls crotch split wide open. My first one was absolutely perfect and you couldn't find anything wrong if you examined it with a magnifying glass. Unfortunately, my first developed a (what I now consider minor) problem and he talked me into returning it and wound up refunding my money instead of standing behind his doll and doing what he said he would do. I kick myself in the ass every day for not listening to my gut and keeping the doll and accepting the problem. I was fine with it really but listened to him and what turned out to be his bullshit.

Continued below.

DOLLS R MAN'S BEST FRIEND

siliconelover

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »
This is a continuation of the above post as the submit box was freaking out.

The cause of my second doll splitting open appeared to me to possibly be an air bubble that had become trapped in the mold as the doll was being poured. This area on the doll is also made up of a softer mix and that also may have contributed to the problem. When I contacted him with photograph's he responded by saying that they had never seen anything like it and his partner Leonard had me return the doll. When Jim returned he refunded my money and said that he was sorry but because he was retiring that was all he could do as he didn't want any further problems ? I was the one who got 'the problem'.

I gave this guy every chance and the benefit of the doubt to do the right thing, twice, to no avail. I came very close to flying out there and giving him a piece of my mind. I wonder how many are out there with real problems. I never intended to put the doll in compromising postions, I just liked having her around and staring at the beauty of this doll. She was stored in a crate that I constructed just for her not 5 feet from my bed.

In the end, it is a good thing that Jim got out of the business as he had lost and didn't have the passion and dedication that it takes to create these works of art. The community is better off without him but it is a true loss as they are probably gone forever. I have heard a couple of stories as to where the molds went but have not been able to substantiate any of them. I would like to put up a few photograph's of this but haven't figured out how to post a photo in a thread yet.

I still want one as crazy as that sounds, and am searching for a used one now. I have been trying to persude a friend of mine to sell me his as he has 3 dolls which he got all at once earlier this year  but so far, even though he hates the weight, I have been unsuccesful. Anyone who may read this and that may be interested in selling, I will pay more than a fair price for a MPD Leeloo in good condition. You can contact me here or e mail pvaness63@gmail.com. I can arrange shipping and supply a container.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:22:29 AM »
 :o sorry to hear that, Slave2Leeloo.  I hope you're able to find another doll.

If you have pics on-line, you can use the 'insert image' Icon above (bottom row, second from the left) OR by useing the additional options below left to upload straight from your computer.

siliconelover

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:12 AM »
Sickening, right. Makes me want to throw-up everytime I see it.

I think that anyone who knows what they are looking at can see the remnants of an air bubble up inside the split. This could have been caused by the dildoeing tool as the vaginal passage went up and to the left or just by carelessness during the pour.

Whatever the case, Jim Arthur was and is a Dick.

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 11:01:07 AM »
Slave, I'm real sorry this happened.  MDs were beautiful dolls IMO and I would have loved to have one since they seem to be the closest thing to a more full figured woman.  It's very sad to hear that Jim ended up the way he did, Yves has been branded a crook and even Therri<sp?> is under suspicion.  The whole line has been cursed from the start.  Very sad :(

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »
This does indeed suck most horrible, but at least if I read things correctly, you got your money back both times. Though the workmanship was very sub-par, you were able to walk away with more than most folks who have a doll failure like this do.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

siliconelover

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »
Seriousness aside,

I'll bet that I am the only one that ever had a Leeloo with a Siamese vagina ...... badump dump !

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
Good point. I'm not sure I would know what to do if a doll I ordered came with that option on purpose. Well other than use them both.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.