Author Topic: BUILDING A DOLL-STAND  (Read 23501 times)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: BUILDING A DOLL-STAND
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
Than You Everyone for the kind words,

I'd like to Thank my friend Incred who helps me out on these projects...

By help, I mean, I call him with an idea, then show up at his house with a bag of parts and he does all the hard work. Incred did all the extra work, like rounding the corners of the base, and putting a few coats of varnish. He also did the sandblasting, grinding and final assembly.

Incred was also the hand model.

THANK YOU INCRED !

Incred builds these stands and stance modifiers if anyone needs one. Also, many people have had Abyss install the Incred Hime Joint at the Factory, so your doll can have a little more flexibility !

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

toysin3d

• New Resident
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:07:02 AM »
I'm late to the party, but thanks Camp and to all before me who built a stand of their own which, in turn, has helped me to build one of my own.

I went with a round base, 3/4" galvanized all around, oak dowls to reinforce internally, and an eye hook/turnbuckle for the hanging hook.  It's not adjustable and I still need the back support yet (which should be a snap), but even as is it works fantastic!

T3D

mytime

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
T3D,

Take care, I do not know what the measurements of the base are but in the photo it looks small.
If it is too small the doll may tip over, so test it for that.
I've a stand with a very wide base (80 X 80 cm / 32" X 32") that may be overkill but its very stable, though I would personally recommend at least 24" X 24".
A round base with the same diameter (e.g. 24") may cause the stand more easy to tip over than a square one of 24"X24" due to that the leaverage is less!

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
Doll community member since april 2003, doll owner since august 2004

toysin3d

• New Resident
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
Thanks for warning me mytime, but I think the base looks small in my photo due in part to the slightly overhead camera angle.  The base itself is 24" and I've pushed very hard on it from all directions to tip it over when my doll is on it. 

It's not going anywhere! :D

mytime

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »
Hi Toysin3d,

24" sounds quite safe to me for a base of such stand.
It looked smaller in the photo but that probably due the way the photo has been taken...

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
Doll community member since april 2003, doll owner since august 2004

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »
I just finished building my fourth stand using this pattern.  :o

That's one for each of my dolls, so now I don't have to juggle dolls and stands anymore. I had to do that for a week or two because I gave the first one I made, that had a 2' x 2' base to InputJack for him to have Maggie use.

All of my stands have heavy rubber wheel casters on the bottom, and are 18"x24" so I can wheel them in and out of the doll closet with ease.

My most recent one is a bit taller than usual for Ginger, who is a bit taller than Sophia or Amberly. I got really lucky this time while selecting pipe lengths and found a 1" diameter pipe that would fir the 3/4" pipe inside with no grinding or milling! Sure, it initially took some "persuading" in the form of a rubber mallet, but it works like a champ now. Its fully adjustable from Ginger standing flat footed, up to some pretty killer heels/platform shoes. It also has a setting on it to make her at least as tall as me!
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
As requested by ZDoc, here is a pic of the base assembly of the stand, and the wheels I always include.

The vertical pipes below the bend are 1" x 6"  and the horizontal length is 1" x 8".

I make sure to use rubber wheels since I have hard wood floors, and want to keep the scratches that I make on them to a minimum.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

Alfienokes

• New Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11:15 AM »
 I was wondering, what was the final cost? Just curious. Did you also mention that INCRED can make these for us?

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
I don't want to be intrusive, but I'm a girl and I want to have a male doll. But they are havier.
So i just thought: If girls could effort a doll-stand that could make all the hard work for us, it would be easier to have a doll.
Just like on fishing:  you'd put a hook on the back of the doll sitting in a chair, for example, and through the pulleys and cable, you could make the doll stand up in the doll-stand using 1/3 of the power you'd need to do the same if you'd do it by your own.  - It's just an idea...
Have you ever think  about developing a system of pulleys and cables for a doll-stand?
So people who have havier dolls ( ie Male dolls) will benefit from such a system.

Can anyone try to project a doll-stand with pulleys and cables?

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
yes there have been folks who have made pulley systems to help lift their doll.  Although I cannot recall any names off the top of my head at the moment.  Search the forums for various stands.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
I have a lot on my plate at the moment, But this sounds like a great idea.

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
I've given some thought to this over the years, as at no time have awoken younger than before.  ::)

I think that the beam of the stand could remain the same, just in a taller non-adjustable hight.

The baseplate would have wheels, and be narrow enough to fit between the legs of a chair.

Only 2 pulleys would be needed, one at the bend of the beam and another at the terminal end. The winch mechanism would be placed at the base of the beam.

The biggest problem would be stability, a narrow baseplate could make getting the doll into and out of chairs tricky. Perhaps a pair of retractable outriggers with wheels at the back of the baseplate would cure this?

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 09:49:34 PM »
This IS something to ponder on.

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »

Indeed it is. The trick of it will to be to make such a stand that is also easy to construct with minimal tools required.

This IS something to ponder on.