Author Topic: Information on using the Gallery  (Read 6623 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Information on using the Gallery
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
Jesse1965,

All in all, the basic purpose of the Coppermine Photo Gallery is to get your pictures on the internet (the World Wide Web). The software was never intended to do photo stories. The order in which pictures are shown in the gallery is dependent on how each person viewing your gallery selects from the right-hand menu:

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 

Your iPhone and laptop may be set to different viewing orders. There is no way to organize your pictures in the gallery so that every viewer will see the same order. The only way to insure a proper order for the pictures is to post them in a topic on the forum.

:-X ??? :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Jesse1965

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »
Thanks, Noq!  I went through the laborious task of renumbering in order each of the pictures.  That should work, right?  I'm afraid 45 pictures would be a bit excessive for a new post, wouldn't it?  Or should I go for it since it's fixed now?
You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »
No worries Jesse, we like content, and Rhiannon is hot content  :redhead:  :drool:

I have had the same problem with loading pictures into the gallery. The numbering is in order but the pictures are all out of order. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't use Coppermine  for my gallery. Unfortunately my gallery is no longer supported.

Another problem is the gallery is not alphabetical. The order is by when you set up your gallery.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »
     The version of Coppermine Photo Gallery in use here is seriously out of date.1 That version is what I used for this gallery tutorial.

I have one of the newer versions on my computer as part of the Arimecibo Island Forum. The version that I have allows users to select as many pictures as they want to upload at one time, instead of the five picture limitation of the current software. The newer version also allows you to tag, label, and comment on a page full of new uploads, instead of doing this to one picture at a time. I had screenshots of the newer gallery here, but I removed them to avoid confusion with the current software.

I never paid much attention to the CPG sort feature. As long as I can link to the pictures in the gallery, I do not much care how they are spread out.

::) :-\ ::)

1 The newest version of Coppermine Photo Gallery is cpg1.5.36 as of today. I do not know what version we are using here. Check the link above to verify this version.
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4