Author Topic: Doing Nipple / Lip Touch-Ups on a silicone doll.  (Read 10030 times)

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Doing Nipple / Lip Touch-Ups on a silicone doll.
« on: December 20, 2010, 02:30:30 AM »
Hey everyone!!

While I was at "Another Forum", I did a topic on how to do Touch-Ups on the painted surfaces
on a silicone doll. In this case, Yoshe needed her Nipples done...

To see the complete proceedure, please go to...  http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=253

I've included important information along with some of the pics. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ & FOLLOW THAT INFORMATION. As another member said in another Touch-Up topic, "A lot has changed" since I first did this
article. I've tried to update it as much as possible. Abyss Creations is no longer selling the old silicone adhesive
in the bigger white tubes which was great for using for these touch-ups. They have gone to using Sil-Poxy
adhesive by Smooth-On Corp.  www.smoothon.com        I have heard from some members who used the Sil-
Poxy adhesive that it was difficult to work with and didn't give them the greatest results, but it can be used...

Take care!! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko and Marla.

UPDATE... I tried this method on Marla, my Ruby 13 on her lips and for some reason,
                           it didn't work out. Not quite sure why at this point, so I would recommend
                           not using this method for applying permanet make-up to a Ruby 13 until I
                           can do some further testing on a piece of the silicone that Don uses for his
                           Ruby dolls. If anyone else decides to do a test, please post your results in
                            this topic. Thanks, litlluvr.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Doing Nipple / Lip Touch-Ups on a silicone doll.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:13:39 AM »
I need to add this post to explain something...

I'm sure you're looking at the warning at the bottom of the Naphtha container and asking
"Why are you using this to thin out the silicone adhesive!!??" I originally was following a
proceedure listed for 1stPC dolls on how to touch-up their painted areas and the instructions
said to use Naphtha Spirits to thin out the silicone adhesive. When the Adhesive / Naphtha
mixture is still in a liquid (moist) state, it is poisonous at that point. BUT... when it has "Hardend"
(Dry state) and sealed the make-up powder / pigment, it is ok for oral use (Kissing the lips / nipples).

I guess an analogy would be this... You stain a new floor and then wait for the coloring to cure. You
then apply a sealer (usually Urethane...) and wait for it to completely dry before using the floor. I
don't think anyone would want to ingest the sealer and poison themselves while it is in a liquid state.
Once it has hardened though, if for some bizzare reason you come into contact with the floor by mouth,
you won't be poisoned. (Bizzare analogy, I know but it makes sense.) ???

Take care!! litlluvr, Yoshe, and Amiko.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
Thank you litiluvr.
I was hoping you would.
Perhaps this could and should be made a sticky?
And if it is and as they are related, here is the link to my modest contribution.

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1731.0

muz
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »
Now a sticky !
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Perry

• Sr. Resident
  • Movin' On
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:21 AM »
Damn fine post, LL!!!

Thank you!
Perry

Jesse1965

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:10:23 AM »
I'm glad you posted this!  I definitely need some things repainted!
You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »
Thanks Jesse! Since your doll is still of Tin based silicone construction, this
method should work fine for her. I was also able to use this method to touch
up Amiko's nipples with success (Platinum based silicone with Ami.). Marla was
a much different story though. She is made from platinum silicone which is very
soft feeling. When I went ahead and used this method to do her lips, the results
didn't go well. There was no harm to her lips, but her make-up didn't seal properly
and when I tried to do a second coat, her make-up just blotted right up off of her
lips. I either didn't give enough time for the first coat to completely dry, or the
silicone adhesive I used was a bad choice to use for that type of silicone that Ruby
13 uses. I now heard that Ruby 13 can seal their make-up on their dolls now.

Truthfully... If you are not sure if this method is going to work properly for your doll,
try to get some scrap silicone samples / leftovers from your doll's manufacturer and
experiment on them before trying this on your doll.

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, and Michiko.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 10:46:28 PM »
The one part that Abyss use to use is basically GE silicone I. I too have tried the new ketchup packs but it clumps up when thinned. You should be able to get a tube of GE silicone I at the big hardware stores.

For lips I mixed the color into the thinned silicone until I got the constancy for brushing the color on. Also brush with the lines on the lips (up and down) and let dry. They will dry to a nice shine. When doing the nips you want to take the shine off by powdering them when dry.

Ruby uses a different sealer but wants to keep it secret. If you want some ask Don

guitarpussy

• Sr. Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »
Great informative post Incred, thank you for that.  Just this week I was thinking about how to do lips and nips on Lisa.

GP

muzza

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
With Permatex Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer there is no need for a thinning agent.
It's good stuff. Easy to work with using a brush, workable for one hour and cures in about 4 hours. I have even used it to close repair wounds.

muz
For full description to use on lips http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24850&sid=2a7d0f8876de371a120bb56b1b205331&start=15
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »
One of the problems is that from time to time the seal wears or breaks down.

It took me the best part of a morning to remove the remainder of the seal and bring her nipple back to bare skin using the method of 'rubbing' with the side of my thumb and occasionally with a small dab of acetone on muslin (open weave) cloth.
I have decided in future not to seal in the nipple colour but just use the tint powder / make up powder for coloration.
Sure it wears off quickly but it is so easy to reapply.

muzza

Bluemouse

• Sr. Resident
  • Germany / NRW
    • Tenshi on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
Very good tread guys  :)

I think it will be a problem sooner or later by all dolls. Especially if the dolls are "normal" dressed and are moved, as example for photo shootings.
The clothes rub against the nipples. The damage is only a matter of time. Of course not with silk lingeries...  ;)
Tenshi Katana is a Sinthetics Kimiko 1B
Galleries: http://ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12574

Spelling mistakes (or errors in translation) are the author intended. They serve only to check the attention and for the general entertainment. Anyone who finds a... may keep him.

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
With Permatex Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer there is no need for a thinning agent.
It's good stuff. Easy to work with using a brush, workable for one hour and cures in about 4 hours. I have even used it to close repair wounds.

muz
For full description to use on lips http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24850&sid=2a7d0f8876de371a120bb56b1b205331&start=15

was able to find some of this on eBay in the UK ... ordered some, as the nipples of my MLD need some touching up. Tried to do that with Silpoxy but that proved to be too viscousy, and diluting didn't work for me. Hope this flowing silicone does the trick.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »
Yeh, I found it on ebay in the UK too, shall give this a go ,cheers Muzza.
for album click the pic