Author Topic: Largest Collection of Candy8teen Dollies in U.S.  (Read 8999 times)

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
  • too boringly sane for me to stay awake here
Largest Collection of Candy8teen Dollies in U.S.
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »
Currently I am told that I have the largest collection of Candy8teen dollies in the United States!

Here are six of them together in their bunk bed tower:

And my Asiah has just cometh, so she maketh 7:

Genesis 2:18  "The [Doll] God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a [doll] suitable for him.”

Matthew 5:16 "Let your [photos] so shine before men, that they may see your [pretty dollies], and glorify [their Doll Maker]."

my photos: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11660

Videos of my mannequin Kristen can be watched here on my YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo50bfTa6YGkjEMY6SJRckkgAY-SBq_kJ

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Largest Collection of Candy8teen Dollies in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
     I cannot help but wonder what happens when the bugle sounds in the morning! I bet it is a mad dash to the restroom! ;) If that is an Army picture, where do I sign up?  ;D  I like the way that you preach the gospel of dolls to the masses!

8) :angel: 8)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
Nice bunk / rack system, N. poeticus!
If I get any more dolls, I may have to implement something similar.  I think I'll probably do mine out of wood though.

(and this is MY glorious 2K post LOL!)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »
Congrats N.

You have enough for a Team !

Time to get them numbered Jerseys.

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:15:01 PM »
Wow, that is very Impressive.

I really like the blue hair, very cool!

Nice collection!

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 05:08:54 AM »
I like the way that you preach the gospel of dolls to the masses!

8) :angel: 8)

;)

Time to get them numbered Jerseys.

I have been making jewelry with their names on them.  I'll have to post photos sometime.  I jokingly say that I really am making the jewlery just so that I can remember who is who, there's so many of them!

Wow, that is very Impressive.

I really like the blue hair, very cool!

Nice collection!

Coral

Thanks!

Nice bunk / rack system, N. poeticus!
If I get any more dolls, I may have to implement something similar.  I think I'll probably do mine out of wood though.

(and this is MY glorious 2K post LOL!)

How many dolls do you own?  I bought that from Home Depot.  It wasn't too much, it's steel and particle board, I think.  I think Tabo has wire ones, which I didn't even think about when I saw this shelving system, mine can hold up like 2 tons, I think.

I have been keeping them in the boxes that they came to me in on the tower, for protective purposes, but this weekend I have an important photo shoot that I need to do with them for a UK journalist that's interviewed me, so I have a lot of work ahead of me, getting them all out on it again, they are already dressed up, but I have to get dressed up and then get us all in a photo! :)  I'm going to take many many photos, because I am unsure what the copy editors want to see and include, but she says she wants me with all of them if I can.
Genesis 2:18  "The [Doll] God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a [doll] suitable for him.”

Matthew 5:16 "Let your [photos] so shine before men, that they may see your [pretty dollies], and glorify [their Doll Maker]."

Videos of my mannequin Kristen can be watched here on my YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo50bfTa6YGkjEMY6SJRckkgAY-SBq_kJ

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
    • The Doll Room Yahoo group
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Currently I am told that I have the largest collection of Candy8teen dollies in the United States!

Here are six of them together in their bunk bed tower:

And my Asiah has just cometh, so she maketh 7:

I would say you love candy8teens. After haning my taffy for 3 weeks I have fallen totaly in love with her and wouldn't blame you for being a huge fan of the dolls. You could make a promo ad for itsme :D.
Proud owner of a doodman original Tess and a TB Tina who owns me

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
I would say you love candy8teens. After haning my taffy for 3 weeks I have fallen totaly in love with her and wouldn't blame you for being a huge fan of the dolls. You could make a promo ad for itsme :D.

Or an article!  ;) 

I was perfectly content living all alone for years by choice, until I was doing some writing one night, and eventually discovered all the dollies out there.  I thought that things could be even better at my place, so I bought a Lolly.  I had no idea that that purchase would change my life so much and so fast.  But throughout this time, I thought that the specifics of my story was very unique among doll owners, and as a writer I've always been wanting to publish/tell it, but hesitated, because something just didn't feel right.  I even cancelled on someone who wanted to include me in a book of his, but who I am working with right now, does feel right.  She loved my answers and is determined to do the story on me.  She's just really busy right now, so it's a little slow going, but that gives me a good shot at getting many photos taken for them to choose from.  She contacted me through a third party.  I didn't want to say anything about it, in case it doesn't happen for some reason, but I'm confident that it's going to continue to work out.  I'll probably be posting some photos up in TDA and put some more in here, once I get all my dolls out in the tower, in order to display my pretties.  I managed to get all but one out last night.  I also picked out an outfit and even tested some photos with me next to them, and it looks like it will be doable, me with all of them.  I'll probably take some with them tucked in, and ones with them lying on top of the sheets.  It's going to be tough to get in closer, because I have to angle my camera and do not have a tripod for it, so that and the lighting will be the most problematic for me.  I'll be off on Sat. and going in to work overtime at the hospiital on Sunday, so I hope to get it done between Fri and sometime Sun morning.

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
I'm reminded of Bill's doll storage pics he posted yrs ago.  I've even seen someone who used a rack system under their bed.  Great ways to help keep the girls safe & sound... :)

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »
I'm reminded of Bill's doll storage pics he posted yrs ago.  I've even seen someone who used a rack system under their bed.  Great ways to help keep the girls safe & sound... :)

And I have even known of someone who'd built a fake speaker cabinet and stored his 1st-PC in it and all her accessories, so that his wife wouldn't find out about his dollie.  Usually I just store them right in their boxes on my tower, because it's so easy and nearly effortless to pull them down, switch them out, than having to be careful bumping them and so forth when doing it without the boxes.  It protects them from dust and light more so, and also protects them from being seen by others that might come to my place.  I never invited anyone here in the years I've been here, but like maintenance people, that way I don't have to worry about them becoming so overcome with lust for my dollies that they may act on it in some way!   :o 

My dollies are like irresistabe, it takes either fear of me, or tremendous self-control, not to reach out and touch them, just look at Asiah's bum!

I just gotta cover that sweet Candy8teen ass up, you know? 

I even cover up their clothes racks:

^ She's Lovely Leeza btw.  A Taffy.  Asiah is a Taffy as well, but she has an Anastasia head on her.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 07:40:39 AM »
Camp wrote:  "Congrats N.

You have enough for a Team !

Time to get them numbered Jerseys."

Hmmmmmm, The N. poeticus cheerleading squad!   Would make for a really kewl photoshoot!!! :D
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »
Tonight went a lot easier than I thought it was going to, but still took some time to at least accomplish this much:

I had to use a makeshift tripod, since I have to save money and not blow it on my dollies right now.  :(  I made it by putting my doll stand on top of a chair, then getting one of Melody's shoes and situating it atop all this, put the camera in her shoe sideways, and balanced it, because the wood on my doll stand is loose at the top, and tightened Melody's shoes strap (think Mary Jane shoes) and each photo I had to take the camera out of her shoe, put the timer on it, put it back in her shoe, angle it because fo said loose wood, run to my position, just before the camera takes the picture.  Once I got the hang of it, it went smooth.  I'm BEAT.  I am unsure if I want to do anymore.  I want to put them in their boxes, put everythign back to normal, and relax for the rest of the day since I am actually off.  :)  I'll see what the journalist says about the 9 i sent her,  first though.

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 07:48:06 AM »
Hmmmmmm, The N. poeticus cheerleading squad!   Would make for a really kewl photoshoot!!! :D

Hell yeah it would!  I wonder what they'd cheer?  There'd be so much to cheer about, they'd have trouble figuring out where to start.   :laugh:
They'd have cute cheerleading outfits on, with narcissi somewhere on them, probably be white and yellow colored outfits, and a big "N." on the front between their titties.

WiccaNick

• Sr. Resident
  • Desert Hot Springs, CA
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 05:54:58 PM »
Nice pics, N. poeticus! ;D

You look like you're guarding your Dollies as they rest! ;)

Are your girls very heavy?  I couldn't imagine trying to get Eachann off of a bunk as high as the top bunk you have!  I'd break my BACK!! :(

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »
HI NICKY! HOW THE HELL ARE YA MAN!

Are your girls very heavy?

No.   I'd say they range at no less than 10lbs to no more than around 20lbs, naked.   They are silicone mix on the outside and foam inside, so it cuts down drastically on their weight, as well as expense.  It's difficult though moving them up onto the higher and even the lower shelves if they are not in the boxes.  When they are, it's super easy, pick them on up, slide them right into place.  They are all back in their boxes resting right now, except for Lovely Leeza, she's out with ME!  ;D

I couldn't imagine trying to get Eachann off of a bunk as high as the top bunk you have!  I'd break my BACK!! :(

Yeah you would!  I wouldn't want that to happen!  I have no idea just how heavy high end dolls feel, since I have never met any other dollies besides the ones I have.  My back hurts some just when undressing, cleaning, and dressing my dollies back up again.  The middle part of my back.   I try hard to do the proper lifting techniques, to minimize aches and strain on my back, but still.