Author Topic: Largest Collection of Candy8teen Dollies in U.S.  (Read 8992 times)

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
    • The Doll Room Yahoo group
Re: Largest Collection of Candy8teen Dollies in U.S.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
My back hurts just thinking of how heavy a high end doll wieghs. Not to mention you would have to take out a loan to buy one.
Proud owner of a doodman original Tess and a TB Tina who owns me

WiccaNick

• Sr. Resident
  • Desert Hot Springs, CA
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
HI NICKY! HOW THE HELL ARE YA MAN!

Are your girls very heavy?

No.   I'd say they range at no less than 10lbs to no more than around 20lbs, naked.   They are silicone mix on the outside and foam inside, so it cuts down drastically on their weight, as well as expense.  It's difficult though moving them up onto the higher and even the lower shelves if they are not in the boxes.  When they are, it's super easy, pick them on up, slide them right into place.  They are all back in their boxes resting right now, except for Lovely Leeza, she's out with ME!  ;D

I couldn't imagine trying to get Eachann off of a bunk as high as the top bunk you have!  I'd break my BACK!! :(

Yeah you would!  I wouldn't want that to happen!  I have no idea just how heavy high end dolls feel, since I have never met any other dollies besides the ones I have.  My back hurts some just when undressing, cleaning, and dressing my dollies back up again.  The middle part of my back.   I try hard to do the proper lifting techniques, to minimize aches and strain on my back, but still.

I'm GOOD, N.---Thanks for asking! ;D

That is awesome that your dollies are lightweight.  I figured since they are petite they would weigh less---but, I had no idea they were SUBSTANTIALLY LIGHTER!!  I am not a huge fan of the heavy weight of my Boy.  There are times when the heft of his body is nice ( ;)) but for the most part, it just gets tedious getting him moved around!  I wish there was a manufacturer making a male-doll that were made like your dollies are---lightweight! 
Even if the doll ended up weighing 60 or 70 lbs---that is better than 100!

I would love to have a collection of cuties in our home like you have!  I keep picturing "Naughty Tea Parties"!!!! ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P

dollluver:  Yes, the cost is very prohibitive.  I am STILL BROKE after purchasing E! :(

N. poeticus

• Sr. Resident
  • too boringly sane for me to stay awake here
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
I wish there was a manufacturer making a male-doll that were made like your dollies are---lightweight! 
Even if the doll ended up weighing 60 or 70 lbs---that is better than 100!

I didn't know Eachann weighed that much!   :o

Pygmalion's Galatea was made of ivory, so I imagine she weighed even more than any of our dolls do!   :o

I would love to have a collection of cuties in our home like you have!  I keep picturing "Naughty Tea Parties"!!!! ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P

:laugh:

I'd love to have 7 of these:

They have narcissi on them!  Awwww!

and this tea pot to go with it would be nice:

;D

Genesis 2:18  "The [Doll] God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a [doll] suitable for him.”

Matthew 5:16 "Let your [photos] so shine before men, that they may see your [pretty dollies], and glorify [their Doll Maker]."

my photos: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11660

Videos of my mannequin Kristen can be watched here on my YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo50bfTa6YGkjEMY6SJRckkgAY-SBq_kJ

itsme

• Doll Manufacturer
  • New Resident
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 03:38:58 AM »
ALL them doll so little time in a day.     I alway like to see you photos N. poeticus