Author Topic: What is needed to care for a silicone doll?  (Read 22224 times)

NebbHead242

• New Resident
Re: What is needed to care for a silicone doll?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
Just to let you all know. I would suggest washing all clothing before placing it on your doll or clothing bought for yourself for that matter. All clothing that is shipped is treated with a chemical agent to keep moths and rats from eating the cloth during transportation. That chemical agent is really bad for the skin and can even cause a mild chemical burn in some cases.

I dated a clothing designer and she told me all about the garment industry and some of the things they do that is not common knowledge.

WiccaNick

• Sr. Resident
  • Desert Hot Springs, CA
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
Winston:  FYI---The use of Pantyhose and "Knee-High" hose (to cover/protect the hands) is a MUST!  I was resistant to the idea of putting pantyhose and nylons on my Dude to get him dressed (You know, because he's just so damn BUTCH!!!)  But, eventually, I came around to the fact that it just makes dressing easier, safer for the doll and less stressful all around!!  I have now found I can get my Guy into PRETTY TIGHT JEANS and SHORTS!  This is just NOT POSSIBLE without the hose.

Good Luck! ;)

WinstonSmith

• Sr. Resident
  • North Jersey, USA
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Good thing the wife has a million pairs of panty hose, then :)

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
Three years ago, essentially pre platinum silicone, when Natasha arrived I was fairly active on the TDF forum.
I was horrified one time to see a doll, which had been neglected, to have considerable mould (as one gets in the shower corners where silicone is used for sealing) around her crotch.
Living in a humid (Summer) sub tropical climate where this problem is prevalent in wet areas I was afraid of this happening to my girls.

I do not know what others do, but after every internal wash and rinse I dry my girls out using a Tampon (super) inserted as High up as I can push it with a finger. I tie the 'tail' to a piece of string for easy pull out.
Because of the humidity and lack of air circulation 'down there' drying out naturally is not an option, besides nony and lubov's vaginas are closed in their normal hanging positions.
Perhaps platinum silicone does not get so affected but I am not taking any chances.

Example of wash and flush:

In regard to storage all the girls have their own stand, which are on wheels for easy moving around the house, and they 'adorn' the living room or bedroom when not hanging over the bed for sex.

Grouped in line for the photo.

Here is Natasha's Stand where I have added leg support. Different to CJD's.

And this is Nony's (old photo before finishing touches).

I prefer using wood for the stands rather than metal as it is easier to work, shape and fit together.

I now very rarely if ever use pantyhose. I prefer stockings. Simply because stockings allow quick and easy access whereas panty hose don't (unless you cut a hole in them in the crotch area) but you can still slide clothes up the legs.
And wraps, shirts and sarongs are easy clothes to put on or take off. And bikini style panties with a tie each side negates the need to slide them up the legs.
I buy nearly everything from second hand thrift shops at little more than a dollar or two per piece.

For example:

http://coverdoll.com/drupal/?q=node/993 (just click this link).

If you need any more detail just ask and I will be happy to respond.

And if this all sounds like I am a lazy old sod, then yes, I do like to take the easy way round whenever possible.

Hope this helps.

muzza

Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
One other thing on clothing. Always wash dark or black clothes BEFORE you ever put them on the doll for the first time, and don't leave them on for more than 24 hours. Even black stockings will leave a mark from the band.

Older dolls are not light. Be prepared for 90+ pounds. You will probably have to bear hug her to carry her, just watch the nips. I would put one arm around her back, and the other picking her up by the butt, and don't forget to breath ;) Good thing your giving up smoking.

A stand is a must with casters or a doll dolly to move her

WinstonSmith

• Sr. Resident
  • North Jersey, USA
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »
Thanks for those detailed helpful hints and thanks to Muzza for the pics!  8)

This thread is absolutely imperitive for anyone researching or considering a silicone doll. Lots of various info in one place!

Thanks to everyone for all the help  ;)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
Plan your moves

This means to try and anticipate the exact sequence of events while transporting or carrying your doll.

If she is coming off the stand upright and she will be seated, you would want to position the elbows so her hands don't hit the seat of the chair.

In the same scenario, a Bride-syle lift would be better than a bear hug.

Plan each turn, travel path, doorways, etc.

Also, Take off her wig when you go to put her on a hook. This will help you see the hitch, and keeps the wig from getting entangled in the process.

The best advice is to HAVE FUN !... 
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:21 PM »
In the same scenario, a Bride-style lift would be better than a bear hug.

YES!!!   and in a bride's carry, her hands in her lap also prevent her fingers from catching on things - which helps prevent finger damage.   ;)  From the bride's carry, it is also easier to see the neck ring to match to the hook when you hang her up.

Another 'move hint' I noted is not here.  Be sure the doll has her own sheet/blanket/towel for the bed.  Lying a doll onto a dedicated undercover, you can pull her across the bed on it to make an easy 'slide' without fear of damage.  Once she is close to where you want her, you can remove the sheet, then put it back under her when the time comes to move her again.

WinstonSmith

• Sr. Resident
  • North Jersey, USA
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
In the same scenario, a Bride-style lift would be better than a bear hug.

YES!!!   and in a bride's carry, her hands in her lap also prevent her fingers from catching on things - which helps prevent finger damage.   ;)  From the bride's carry, it is also easier to see the neck ring to match to the hook when you hang her up.

Another 'move hint' I noted is not here.  Be sure the doll has her own sheet/blanket/towel for the bed.  Lying a doll onto a dedicated undercover, you can pull her across the bed on it to make an easy 'slide' without fear of damage.  Once she is close to where you want her, you can remove the sheet, then put it back under her when the time comes to move her again.

Thanks for that, Keith  ;) Every post here has been very helpful! Time is getting very short and with all of your help, I will be ready.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »
I will be ready.

So, you have your camera ready too? ;D

WinstonSmith

• Sr. Resident
  • North Jersey, USA
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
I will be ready.

So, you have your camera ready too? ;D

LOL- Wonder how fast I can fill up a 8gb flash card?  8)

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
Winston,

I hope you understand that our hints, advice and suggestions are not rules set in stone. They are guidelines to help you along the way.
The way one handles a doll is dependant on a number of things including the state and condition of the doll - such as tin v platinum, firm or loose joints, weight and damage prone areas, etc, yourself - such as build and strength and the type of home you have - such as whether you have stairs, carpet or tiles .............. and so on.

Over time you will work out your own routines and methods which suit you best which may be variations of what others do.
Trying to exactly copy other members routines, techniques and what appears in photos can be misleading and a recipe for disaster (as I learn't to my cost very early on).
And more often than not it is a multitude of little things which catch one unawares.
So handling a doll is a (delightful) learning process which you must do for yourself and find your own best way.

I do not think anyone has yet mentioned cornstarch baby powder.
Washed clean silicone of a dolls skin is somewhat sticky - both platinum and tin though platinum less so than tin. This is exacerbated by residues of lubricant if left unattended.
The dolls can be washed all over - avoiding any ingress of water through the neck bolt or tears such as finger pokes. If you do not have the facilities for a complete shower or garden hose down then a bucket or bowl with some warm soapy water (antibacterial handwash is good) and a facecloth will do the job nicely. Place a towel under her to soak up splash.
Dry her off using a squeezed out face cloth and finish with a clean towel - drying up cloth works well with no 'lint' sticking to the silicone.
I sometimes use sticky tape to lift off bits of fluff or hair sticking on the skin if too difficult or too much to pick off with the fingers.

Once she is nice and dry a liberal application of baby powder (cornstarch is best) will make her skin silky smooth and beautiful to touch and stroke.
How you apply is up to you. I use a powder puff.

muz

Note to moderators:
Maybe this should be made a sticky?
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

NebbHead242

• New Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
This thread has been a most useful tool for me getting to know Natalie S. I have a bunch more pictures I need to get up on the gallery too.

I do have one quick question. How do you tell if a doll is tin or platinum silicone? I got Natalie used so I am not sure which she is.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
NebbHead,

You have an LD, therefore, it is platinum silicone. Beyond that it is tough to tell the difference visually or by touch. The easiest way to tell is by asking the manufacturer.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

NebbHead242

• New Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »
NebbHead,

You have an LD, therefore, it is platinum silicone. Beyond that it is tough to tell the difference visually or by touch. The easiest way to tell is by asking the manufacturer.

Mahtek & his Ladies

Well that clears that question up. LOL

Thanks!