Author Topic: tips on buying a doll  (Read 31207 times)

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
tips on buying a doll
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
 The mayor here with some doll buying tips.

Deciding on a doll :
    This is someting that has driven People crazy in the past.  Today, there are so many strikingly beautiful dolls of different makes, you may find yourself pulling your hair out in trying to decide on one.  So relax, take a deep breath, and read a bit so I can help you keep your sanity.  Then go and do your research.
   Ask youself these questions to help steer you to the right doll maker:  What is it you want in a doll?  What will her primary propose be?  Where will you be able to store her?  How much will the doll's weight be a factor?  How durable (how much use) do you need in this doll?  How much are you willing to spend on this doll?
   Once you have narowed the field down with these questions, take a close look at all available face / body types, and ask yourself which suits your tastes?  After that, dig up every picture you can find of your prefered choise.  Next, make a pest of yourself with the manufacturer.  Ask what options are available, what comes with the doll?  do they take payments?  WHat support can you expect once you recieve your doll?  
  Redo the above steps until you are satisfied that you are making the right choise for YOU.

The WORST part of buying a doll is the wait.  You've ordered your doll, and it is being made.  Not only does time seem to drag, but you also begin to question whether or not you bought the right one.  Buyer's remorse also will haunt you.  If you have done the above, then you'll be able to brush your misgivings aside, and finish wearing a track in your carpet with confidence!
  While you are waiting, make sure you get a camera before dollie's arrival, and prepare dollie's 'space', so you do not have to rush around on arrival day - you will have other things to do then ;D

Recieving your doll:
   OK, you've waited forever, it seems like, and dollie is finally here!  You're anxious to get to know your doll. but before you do, there are a few things you ned to do.  It's time to slow your rapidly beating heart and perform an inspection of your doll.  This is a vital step, for once you 'use' your doll, it becomes yours, any implied or real warrenties from the manufacturer may be voided!!
  UPON finding ANYTHING not right with the doll, immidiatly contact the manufacturer!!!
   Remove the cover and visually inspect the doll.  Is this what you ordered?  Are there any visiable defects?   OK, stop gazing at her open-mouthed, and realy look at her.  Yes, you can touch her (NO GROPING YET!)  Feel for imperfections.  None? good.  
  Take dollie out of the crate.  Move the arms / legs, whatever else moves.  Is there binding, noises, anything you think may be not right?  If not, great, if so, get on the phone with the manufacturer, and don't touch dollie until you get an answer to your concerns!
  Fully inspect the doll : all the fingers and toes, eyes / accesories there?  Again, if you see anything not right, get on the phone.  The sooner you contact the manufacturer with a problem, the sooner you can gt it worked out.  

Hopefully, you have found nothing wrong with your new doll.  

Congrats, and have a happy honemoon ;D

Da Mayor

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
Re: tips on buying a doll
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
You forgot 2 things when she arrives.  A chair to sit on when you open the crate and you just fall into totally breathless.  Also (and most important), the all-mighty spatula to get your jaw off the floor. ;D

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »
Adopting a Doll is also a Great option, Sometimes you can even manage to purchase a "Celebri-Doll", A Doll whom is well known by others.

The savings on a pre-owned Doll can also be considerable.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:34 PM »
<sounding like Typical Noob>

Buying "Pre-loved?"  WTF!?!   I ain't getting no doll that some other guy left his spoog in...  So tell me how do I clean them then?  Can I stick a curling iron up her cooch to help dry her out?

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »
disgusting way to put it, but a very valid question, Euchre.

If you decide to buy a pre-owned doll, a couple things are important. 
  First get photos of the doll's current condition.  Make sure you know WHAT you are paying for.  If you cannot visually inspect the doll before hand, pictures let you know what the true condition of the doll is, as well as helps prevent you from being scammed by seeing that there really IS a doll for sale. 
 *BE extremely cautious when buying a doll from an E-bay type sale!*
  Check as well as you can on the going price for similar dolls, research how much of a deal this doll really is.  IF the doll seems too good to be true, it most likely is - find out WHY.

When you get it  : On any used doll, ASSUME the doll has been used every way possible, and clean accordingly.  A 50/50 mix of bleach and water, or similar sterilizing agent should be used, followed by good old soap & water in every orifice.  If the face / head comes off, take it off and clean it.  Clean out any inserts AND the insert cavities, and wash the entire doll down.  The doll may have been used only as a sleeping buddy by Grandpa, but maybe junior found her and had a little fun on the side.

Many people do buy, and enjoy pre-owned dolls.  Don't be afraid of this option, just be careful ;)

mitsy_the_cat

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:06:11 AM »
LOL, Euchre...you're incorrigible.
Mrs. Snuggles

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Oh jeeeez I remeber that guy asking about using the curling iron to warm his doll up.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:45:50 AM »
oh,, no wonder I had problems, I thought the guy used the curling iron to warm himself up... ???

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:33:12 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:56:36 AM »
I bought a used Teddy Babe.

It has stains like leopard spots all over it and the doll is as hard as a rock.  :'( Do you think that she may have absorbed something? ???

I tried cleaning her in Euchre's washing machine but she just rattled around, denting the hell out of the drum. >:(

Any suggestions?
Home is where your dolls are.

jm

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »
Hai guyz... I bought a used Fleshlight and it has black spots all over it. How do I clean it?  ???  ???  ???

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »
My used Doll could have H1N1, But there would be a line around the Block to put the Wood to her....

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
<another noob>

Hi, Just bought a Real Solid Sex Doll.  It came with papers from Child Protection Services saying I'm due in court on the 18th.  Is this normal?

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
<another noob>

Hi, Just bought a Real Solid Sex Doll.  It came with papers from Child Protection Services saying I'm due in court on the 18th.  Is this normal?

Just wear your Helmet to Court.

mitsy_the_cat

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
lol, You guys are silly!
Mrs. Snuggles