Author Topic: tips on buying a doll  (Read 31102 times)

Twisted Harpy

• New Resident
  • part vulture, part woman.
Re: tips on buying a doll
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »
Where can I find a low/midrange price male doll? the only 1:1 scale boys I've seen are realdolls, and I want to make sure I like a guy laying around the house before I spend that much money on one.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
Hi Twisted Harpy, Welcome to ODC!

Right now, the only maker that has a male doll is Abyss, and it is a full sized, full priced doll.
What may be an option, is to get a tiny breasted mid-range female doll, and dress her as a guy with a guy's wig.   Not sure what else to suggest.

justinel2011

• New Resident
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »
I was hoping I could get some tips on which brand of doll I should get. I am looking for the most realism. Price is not a problem. I have checked out some by Abyss and they look pretty good. Is there anything better than what that company puts out?

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »
HI Justine, welcome to ODC!
 for the most realistic body parts, (and now the best feeling breasts) that would be :  http://www.sinthetics.com

for the most realistic body shape, http://www.anatomicaldoll.com/start_en.php 

Both are excellent dolls

justinel2011

• New Resident
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »
HI Justine, welcome to ODC!
 for the most realistic body parts, (and now the best feeling breasts) that would be :  http://www.sinthetics.com

for the most realistic body shape, http://www.anatomicaldoll.com/start_en.php 

Both are excellent dolls

Sintetics.com directed me to some music stuff. But thanks for the info on the other one.

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
Hi Justine
Ourdoll gave you a type-error by accident. The website is www.sinthetics.com
Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »
it was the damn keyboard's fault, Bronwen...

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »
Welcome Justine !

I've edited KA's spelling so the links work !
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

justinel2011

• New Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Out of the 2 listed plus Abyss, which would you all say is the best?

Curious Georgina

• New Resident
  • Clever girl.
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
@ourdoll1:
Great tips, thanks for sharing! I'm a long way from being able to afford a doll of my own, but this gives me a lot to consider if/when I've got the money to finally order one. :)

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to give some updated info. in this thread, in case someone stumbled on it before seeing more recent
threads. A mid range male doll is in the works by Titman of Maidlee Doll. He will be light and affordable for those that are unsure about a high end doll, or have a problem with the weight of one. Also, Sinthetics will be coming out
in the near future with their first male doll! YAY! With just a little more patience, we'll soon have more selection with
the male dolls. I urge everyone to post on the threads concerning him so that what you want in a doll will be available. The manufacturers are listening, but they don't know what you want unless you tell them.  :)
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

Gilda

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
It's so nice to see more girls here!!!
Welcome aboard!

blasters714

• Resident
  • DOGS RULE!!
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »
I went with realism of the face,body and especially intimate parts.So many companies have beautiful faces and bodies but the intimate parts are unattractive(to me at least) and a real turn off.And although it would be nice to have boobs that defy gravity,is that truly realistic-To defy gravity they must be quite harder to the touch and thus lose their realism.
I wish doll makers weren't afraid to show close-ups of their dolls features-are they afraid we won't buy their doll if we see them up close. I've often wondered if they pray upon our need for companionship,just expecting us to take what they have to offer and be happy with it.I mean,I'm the customer and I should come first over profit;that's a better business plan for the long term.
Dolls are people too!

vhd95

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
I went with realism of the face,body and especially intimate parts.So many companies have beautiful faces and bodies but the intimate parts are unattractive(to me at least) and a real turn off.And although it would be nice to have boobs that defy gravity,is that truly realistic-To defy gravity they must be quite harder to the touch and thus lose their realism.
I wish doll makers weren't afraid to show close-ups of their dolls features-are they afraid we won't buy their doll if we see them up close. I've often wondered if they pray upon our need for companionship,just expecting us to take what they have to offer and be happy with it.I mean,I'm the customer and I should come first over profit;that's a better business plan for the long term.
I don't think I've seen any doll maker make something with gravity defying boobs.
Also how close-up are you talking? When I was looking through pictures of different doll makers I saw plenty of close-up shots.

cibor

• New Resident
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »
Maybe it's a function of my age or that I'm alone for the first time in a long time, but lately I've had dreams with my college sweetheart.  I was out of the army and 23, and she was out of high school, 19, and her breasts were just so perfect.

So when shopping for a doll, why can't we want ideal?  Big breasts that don't sag DO exist.  I've been there and done that.   :P