Author Topic: How to do doll makeup-VIDEO!  (Read 8965 times)

vhd95

• Resident
Re: How to do doll makeup-VIDEO!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
looks like the video is broken

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17:55 PM »
The reason why Mahtek's video isn't availible is due to that he used
Megaupload (think that was the online site...) to show the video here.
The owner of Megaupload was convicited of fraud by the U.S. and his
site was shut down. I don't think Mahtek has found another video
hosting site as of yet.

Hope this helps out. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, and Michiko.

dave7311

• Sr. Resident
  • Valerie:" I don't mind you fart or snore.. hehehe!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
How about .....here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/us?ff=1&urlback=%2Fvideo%2Fxkk4jo_sinthitics-body-2d-nude_sexy
Sinthetics has vids there already  8)

Check out the Sinthetics boobie softness vid (interesting closure)  :laugh:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtuk5r_2d-softness_sexy?search_algo=2
dave7311 & Valerie

Crizzman

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
Is there a place where I can view that make up video? Or will Sinthetics put it on the website in the future?
Gentlemen prefer blondes..!!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »
Maybe Mahtek can upload it to youtube...  :whistle:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
Uploaded.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eZNoba2lMe8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eZNoba2lMe8</a>

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
I'm making this a sticky.

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
woot woot! EGG-CELENT! Ty bronwen, Mathtek, Belshanar, Key grips, tool men, 1st and 2nd AD's and crew for making that vid. Totally informative. I just have a couple questions.

1) alcohol: to be used sparingly, generously, or is a non-issue as it does nothing to the doll?

2) lip gloss: (I'm a sucker for some shiny lips). Can one just pic up any gloss from the store or do I need to look for specific brands? like water based, or what have you. I dunno what ingredients are in most lip products but I'm always thinking about what could do damage.

3) lip stick: same question as lip gloss with an added question. would you say lipstick or powdered make up and why? IF powder is preferred is there a way to put gloss over it? like say I want a really popping red with gloss for the weekend?

4) is there any makeup product to stay away from that would be hard to come off? or won't come off with alcohol?

I especially Got Veronica with nude makeup thinking ahead of time that I may want to try my hand at makeup for certain looks.
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
1) alcohol: to be used sparingly, generously, or is a non-issue as it does nothing to the doll.

I dont use alcohol at all, I use disinfecting wipes. They are also the best way to get hair off a doll.

2) lip gloss: (I'm a sucker for some shiny lips). Can one just pic up any gloss from the store or do I need to look for specific brands? like water based, or what have you. I dunno what ingredients are in most lip products but I'm always thinking about what could do damage.

I have used regular lip gloss, usually on lipstick

3) lip stick: same question as lip gloss with an added question. would you say lipstick or powdered make up and why? IF powder is preferred is there a way to put gloss over it? like say I want a really popping red with gloss for the weekend?

I use a good quality lipstick, usually, if not always, Maybelline.

4) is there any makeup product to stay away from that would be hard to come off? or won't come off with alcohol?

Stick with the basics. Powders and lipstick. Or a basic make-up kit. You should be good. Get a few good brushes (for blush) and by all means don't forget good wig care, a good brush and comb.

I especially Got Veronica with nude makeup thinking ahead of time that I may want to try my hand at makeup for certain looks.

Good Luck !. I've had great success using make-up. It takes time, but the results are worth it.

I hope you shre some great pics !

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »
Aikagi,

Remember that the doll's face does have some underlying color and a sealer on top. BE GENTLE! If you are using cotton balls, use lots of alcohol. This will clean by dissolving instead of abrading, and it will lubricate the cotton's travel across the doll's face. I've used good liquid dish detergent with water and gentle finger rubbing with good success. Just be sure to avoid pouring or running water over the eyelashes. The water flow will fold them over and ruin them.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
For someone like me that never really does facial makeup, there's some really good advice here :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »

Remember that the doll's face does have some underlying color and a sealer on top. BE GENTLE! If you are using cotton balls, use lots of alcohol.

I dont use alcohol at all, I use disinfecting wipes. They are also the best way to get hair off a doll.

I guess the use of alcohol depends on how well the makeup is sealed. It certainly won't hurt the sealer.

I do use the disinfecting wipes, like Camp, but Ceilidh and Dottie have either no sealer or very thick.

I personally have never used alcohol , but I very rarely put eye makeup on her, and the lips are well sealed and shiny. Like Mahtek I just wash her face with dish detergent after her shower. For a quick clean or touch up I use the wipes.

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »
Hmmmm ok, well like anything there is a learning curve.

I use a good quality lipstick, usually, if not always, Maybelline.
wow really? well good to know! So I'm guessing that just about any well known product ( or maybe just ANY product according to the freebie no frills in the video) will work with no worries.

I'll have to see how I feel with the alcohol vs. disinfecting wipes issue then. seems like it can go either way which is fine with me. My only concern was if there was chemical damage to the finish.

@ incred thanks for the book ref. i'll look into it.
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso