Author Topic: Broken shoulder socket  (Read 3904 times)

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
    • The Doll Room Yahoo group
Broken shoulder socket
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
Yesterday I discovered Tinas arm is loose. No longer posable in the shoulder.  Iknow they made the shoulder with a thin piece of plywood. I can live with it being loose but what I am worried about is the arm itself coming off now that its loose. Any suggestions?
Proud owner of a doodman original Tess and a TB Tina who owns me

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Broken shoulder socket
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this...have you tried contacting the makers of TBs to see what they suggest?
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
Sorry to hear DL.

You may have to do a little exploritory surgery.

Luckily, all you may need is a needle and thread to close the "wound"

Perhaps you can feel around and see if something is detached from the plywood.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Wow, I didn't think that could happen to a TB. :o

I agree with Camp, exploratory surgery will be the only way to find out what happened in there.  I have no experience at all with TB's but I do wish you the best of luck.

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
god dll sorry to hear :(
i'm with camp having a look is the best you can do i'd think

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »
 :( I'm so sorry to hear this as well, Dolluver. I have two beautiful Teddy Babes myself, but luckily the only problems I've had so far was some staining from the corsets they were shipped in. A little shout stain stick and a damp cloth fixed it right up.  I'm sure eventually I'll have a similar problem to yours. When it happens, I'll probably open her along the stitching, to see if I can replace or repair the problem. Then stitch her back up as good as I can. Please post pics of the injury and repair if possible. Good luck. I hope she's all better soon.  :)
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
Tina is three and a half years old. So I guess t is expected to begain to have problems like that. Looks like  Iwill be sending her off to doodman for repair of the shoulder as well as other modifications. She will come back a new doll :D.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
Tina is three and a half years old. So I guess t is expected to begain to have problems like that. Looks like  Iwill be sending her off to doodman for repair of the shoulder as well as other modifications. She will come back a new doll :D.

Sending her to Doodman sounds like a great idea. If anyone could fix her, Dood would be an excellent choice.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »

Sending her to Doodman sounds like a great idea. If anyone could fix her, Dood would be an excellent choice.

Hes already examaind the inerds of his own TB. So he knows what has caused tinas shoulder to do what it did.

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »
Yay! He'll have her fixed up in no time!  ^-^ Ooooo, I hope we get some pics when she's all healed.  :)
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

dollluver

• New Resident
  • Dolls dolls dolls
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »
You guys arn't gonna believe whats in these dolls. She was opened up today and the old frameing systemhas been removed. The frame is made of cheap ladder line wire from what I can tell. The shoulder joints are made of plywood cutouts. What happend was, the thread on the inside of her shoulder demples got wrapped around the wooden cut out andshoulder wire. I will never look at a conventional TB the same again. Hopefully doodman will post pics.