Author Topic: Use of attachments  (Read 3420 times)

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
Use of attachments
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
We have reduced the number of attachments allowed per post to 3 because attachments require use of limited resources that we are, unfortunately, running low on.

Please remember that attachments were never intended for doll pictures, that is what the Gallery is for.  Attachments are a convienient way to share pictures that only reside on your harddrive and are not already uploaded to the internet.  If a picture is already available online, please hotlink to it using the Image function with the url of the picture.  If you need assistance, feel free to contact us or place a post in Tech Talk.

If you already have posts with doll related attachments, please consider loading them into your gallery and modifying your posts to link there.  Again, if you need assistance, feel free to contact us either by Private Message (PM) or posting.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and support.

siliconelover

• Resident
Re: Use of attachments
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
I am glad that I Finally took the time to take a look at this thread and announcement. I will go and modify some of my posts.

1800 plus members and I see that this has been looked at 62 times ... so much for grabbing peeps attention. I guess we know where everyone's minds are !!!
DOLLS R MAN'S BEST FRIEND

Eva Kumiko

• Doll Account
  • Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:38:40 AM »
Reading the ongoing discussion on stolen images, I have another remark. The advantage of an attachment is that the image is only visible for logged in members.
I know that the wizards behind ODC found a way to make the same work together with the ODC gallery, for some picture links to the gallery are only valid if I'm logged in. But it is a little confusing, because the ODC forum and the ODC gallery require sparate logins in order to add content.
Am I right? If so, an explanation would be useful. Perhaps a tutorial too, for protecting the pictures in the gallery requires additional care. If this becomes better known, it can reduce the use of attachments.
Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuss auf Liebe eingestellt.
1930, Friedrich Hollaender

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
Attention :
 The attachment option has been turned off for the moment, due to the limits of our forum memory. 
Please put all pics in the gallery.

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »
If you need a gallery PM me.

You can also post pics from other hosting sites.

Please try not to post HUGE images.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »

I know that the wizards behind ODC found a way to make the same work together with the ODC gallery, for some picture links to the gallery are only valid if I'm logged in. But it is a little confusing, because the ODC forum and the ODC gallery require sparate logins in order to add content.
Am I right? If so, an explanation would be useful.

Perhaps the pics you can't see are posted in memberes only forums. I'd have to see examples to see exactly what is going on.

The seperate logins is just how this system works. A minor incovenience, but that's just how it works.

And as far as protecting pics...

If they are your pictures, and you feel you need to protect them. use a watermark.

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
 :) Thanks for the info. Will do!
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!