Author Topic: The "Sixty Days of KingTut's Sinthetics" Project  (Read 128276 times)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Re: The "Sixty Days of Ashleigh and Sinthia" Project
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »
Marvelous, for once mere words fail me .
 And theres another 57 days to go! (gives a little chuckle)
Can it get any better.....Oh yes it can.

Great stuff Sinthia and KingTut. :)
for album click the pic

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 04:12:32 AM »
Thanks Kroff and Ray, for the "early show" reviews.  I'm glad you are finding value in this.  :)

This new set of photos is a wonderful review, thanks a lot KT. I think it's the first time a Sinth is detailed so well.

I should take note that the toes on the 2D cannot be posed like the fingers -- they are floppy and don't have posing wires in them.  I should also note that some of her toes are attached to each other!  They can be separated by gently pulling them apart, but I believe this is intentional.

I'm not sure wires could be a huge plus in matter of poses, but in strengthening them they would be less fragile. I'm pretty sure if some toes are attached together it's intentional indeed, to prevent damages during dressing for instance.

I'm certainly not advocating wired toes.  The floppy toes were just a surprise.  They are actually very well-behaved and I'm guessing they don't have wires so that there are fewer problems with closed-toe shoes and, as you mentioned reduced damage when dressing.

Meschler

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »
Wow Tut  :o

Thank you for the detailed photos. It's the first time I see a Sinthetic up close and personal with this level of detail.

Matt and Bronwen are indead Artists and Expert when it comes to dollmaking.

Congratulation to them and to you and your girls  ;D

Best wishes,
Meschler
Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt
- Hope dies last -

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
Thank-you Sinthia for sharing yourself in such an intimate way. You are truely beautifil and KT is a lucky guy :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

velouria

• New Resident
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
elevated heartbeat after seeing doggy-style poses Great job on the photos. This is the best doll review I've seen yet: each picture tells a thousand words.
Broadcast live from the Dahl House.

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
the amount of detail is astounding! Thanks for this close-up view!!

dave7311

• Sr. Resident
  • Valerie:" I don't mind you fart or snore.. hehehe!
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »
 8) Thank You for all the AwEsOmE pics!' ;D
dave7311 & Valerie

Mordian

• New Resident
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:33 PM »
Here you can see the butt from a doggy position.  And now you can see how the illusion of a real pubis is broken when the legs are spread on an insert doll.  This doesn't happen on a doll with built-in entries.  And, while I haven't tried it, there may be a way to temporarily cement the honey pot in a way that will allow it to deform with the labia majora, preserving the illusion.

In the many images I've looked at, I haven't seen this happen before.  Is this unique to the body 2D?

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
I doubt that it is unique.  Sinthetics photo shoots normally use dolls with built-in entries for just this reason.  The Honey Pot is extremely convenient to clean after use, but since it is removable, it has some limitations to its presentation.  It will look fine as long as the labia majora are firmly against the labia minora, but since the insert is not attached to the outter walls of the opening, it will not move with them.

As I mentioned in the article, there may be a way of temporarily cementing the edges of the Honey Pot to the opening walls, but I haven't tried that yet and there's not a whole lot of materials that bond well to silicone in a temporary fashion.

I wouldn't consider this a defect -- it's a matter of preference.  You are choosing convenience of cleaning after use vs. having a vagina that looks lifelike in all possible poses.

EDIT: Actually there is a bit more to it than that, because I'm sure many are thinking "but your doll is a photo doll -- why did you get a Honey Pot?"  In my case it wasn't for convenience, but variety.  There are already a couple of styles of Honey Pot out there, so if you want to change the look of your doll's vagina, it can be as simple as swapping in a different Honey Pot.  And while I don't currently plan to exercise the option, an insert cavity does support the possibility of presenting the 2D as a transsexual doll.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »

Gorgeous.

An ambitious project. And being done so wonderfully.
I am happy for you that Ashleigh and Sinthia can handle such scrutiny.
You are the King.

muzza
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »
KingTut,

Your pictorial review shows the excellent detailing, realism, and artistry of Matt Krivicke. Your photo stories depict scenes that might occur in real-life situations. My congratulations go out to you, and to the folks at Sinthetics. May the Nile of your imagination continue to bring us blessings from the Pyramid! Many thanks!

O0 8) O0
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »
DAY 4: 2D RANGE OF MOTION -- PART 1: JOINTS

Strap in, this will be a wild ride.  The Gallery for Day 4 has over fifty photos in it, about half of which will show up in this post.  But first I have a couple of warnings.

WARNING #1:  Some photos in this set will show joints posed in a manner that would indicate extreme pain or death for a human being.  While I normally try, even with clinical material, to take an artful approach to the subject matter. it's hard to show full ranges of motion without demonstrating the extremes.  There are photos here of wrists, ankles and necks bent at extreme angles.

WARNING #2: Some of the poses shown are considered advanced poses and should only be attempted if you have lots of experience posing dolls with hidden articulations.  They should not be attempted on your first day with your doll.  Sinthetics recommends that you contact them before attempting the advanced yoga positions shown in Part 2 of this article.

Okay, today is all about range of motion on the Sinthetics body 2D.  We'll start at the top of the body and work our way down.

NECK

There are four separate articulations that can be made on the 2D.  The first two will not be shown -- these are the head articulations.  The head can be swiveled side-to-side 360°, normally allowing the head to look left and right.  There is also a joint at the top of the neck that allows the head to nod forward and backward with a usable range of about 45°.  (It can actually move over 180° with the head detached.) This is separate from the forward and backward motion of the neck itself, which you will see in a second.

The neck itself has two articulations: forward and side-to-side.  On my doll these appear to be the stiffest of all the joints.

Our model today for all of the range of motion pictures will be Ashleigh.  We were going to do these shots in a leotard, but realized that might mask some of the skin deformations and might make it difficult to get the full impact of each pose.  Ashleigh, please pull your hair back so we can view your neck.

First, let's take a look at how the neck can move from it's upright position to a forward position.

The range you are seeing in these photos is about 45°.  I'm able to move the neck over 90° without a head, but with the head attached, the range of movement is restricted.

Okay now I'm going to ask Ashleigh to lean her head to her right.

I promise, this doesn't hurt her.  :)  The neck is able to move side-to-side with an overall range of almost 180°.  This goes way beyond a typical human neck.

SHOULDER
The shoulder and hip joints are quite similar in that they both have two separate rotating joints.  Because of this, I recommend that any posing involving the shoulder or hip joints always be started from a home position.  For the shoulders, the home position is with the arm held straight at the sides.  Ashleigh will demonstrate the side rotation first.  Note that the first photo shows the result of moving the arm 90° from the home position.

Note the relaxed look of Ashleigh's arm in the second photo, especially the look of her underarm.  This rotation, much like the arm of a clock can move a full 180°.

Now let's move the arm into the same position, only this time, we'll move the arm forward and up, again moving 180°, but using the forward-rotating shoulder joint.

This joint doesn't quite make the full 180° to the top.  Also notice that the skin of the underarm is bunched a bit from the forward and up rotation.  This joint does have some additional range of motion -- it can also move backwards from the home position another 180° to, once again, point straight up from the shoulder.

There's actually a third rotation that happens at or near the shoulder -- this is the rotation that allows the elbow to "point" to the back  or outward.  This rotation has a full 360° range of motion.  I don't have photographs (sorry) but you can best demonstrate it by putting the arm in scarecrow position, with the upper arm pointing straight out from the body, horizontal to the ground, and the lower arm pointing downward.  You can now rotate the lower arm forward or backward through a 360° range.

ELBOW

The elbow pretty much mimics the range of motion of a human elbow.  Depending on your musculature, your elbow has a range of about 160° or a little more.  The 2D elbow makes it to about 150°.

The radial/ulnar motions are also jointed in the elbow of the 2D, but since those motions are normally associated with the wrist, we'll discus them in the next section.

WRIST

Human wrists have three major articulations:  radial/ulnar rotation, forward/backward from the palm and side-to-side.

The radial/ulnar rotation in humans is generally an almost 180° rotation.  It is the motion that allows you to show your palm up or down without moving your upper arm.  It is the result of the two major bones in the arm, the radius and the ulna, rotating around each other.  I've demonstrated below with my own hand.

Ashleigh, unfortunately, does not have that same ability, her radial/ulnar rotation is limited to about 90°, as shown below.  I first discovered this in the Day 1 set when Ashleigh held the small doll.  She couldn't rotate her wrist in the same way that I could rotate mine, so she had to hold the doll differently than you or I normally would in the same situation.

Possibly to compensate for the lack of radial/ulnar rotation, Ashleigh has a a ridiculous angular rotation range.  I'll warn you ahead of time, these photos are not for the squeamish!

The 2D does not support a side-to-side motion.  In humans this motion is limited to about 30° of motion at the most.  The lack of this motion can be compensated for with other wrist motions and the elbow.

WAIST

From my experience with small dolls, I would expect to find three motions on the waist of the 2D: arching (forward/backward rotation), twisting (rotating the shoulders out of line with the hips) and leaning side-to-side  I really haven't gotten a good feel for the twisting motion or leaning motions, so I don't know if they are there or not.  But the arching motion certainly is!

Ashleigh can do a full 90° tummy arch, as you can see in these photos:

Try doing that at home!

HIPS

As I mentioned earlier, the hips, like the arms, have two rotational joints, allowing for forward and sideways rotations.  And again, I strongly recommend performing all poses from a home position.  In this case, the standing straight leg position, with the legs pointing straight down from the torso.

Let's look first at the front/back rotation.  It seems that Ashleigh has no real backward movement at her hips, so she is incapable of doing a front-back split.  (She can do a side split as we'll see in a moment.)  The thigh can rotate forward through about 135° of arc before her own cores and silicone restrict further movement.  Ashleigh decided to have a little fun demonstrating this motion:

Note that she is performing this pose with no assistance.

The other hip rotation is side-to side.  Ashleigh is able to rotate a full 90° to the side with each leg, enabling her to do a full split.  Enjoy!

This pose was a bit of an exertion for Ashleigh, as you will see if you look at the related pictures in the Day 4 Gallery.  She worked up quite a sweat!

As with the shoulder, there is a third hip rotation.  This is the rotation that allows Ashleigh to swivel her bent lower leg so that she can sit in a lotus position, for example.  The overall rotation is 90° inward from the home position and about 30° outward.   In this picture, you can see the effect of the inward rotation.

KNEES

Ashleigh's knees support two rotations, the angular rotation and a second rotation that allows the foot to point in different directions.

The angular rotation goes from a straight leg position through a backward rotation ending about 150° from the original position.  Ashleigh can't bend her knees so that her calves touch her thighs, but she comes close, and by rotating the hip joint a bit, you can make it look like she achieves the full knee bend.

And here are some photos that show the other rotation from the knee.

ANKLE

Ashleigh's ankles can do the impossible -- I'll let the pictures do the talking:

And since that last photo was rather unsettling, I'll leave you with a prettier foot position:

Day 4 Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=611

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 03:39:41 AM »
I'm thrilled that my little "Tut Tits" recommendation is catching on, I always knew that I missed my calling by not going into advertizing.  :laugh:

This photo series is a real boon for anyone who's thinking about buying one of these Manikins, as the appreciation and attention to detail that's going into each picture is really, really, impressive. You'd be hard pressed to find better illustrations anywhere on the subject.

I can't wait to see even more pictures, I'm heading over to your gallery right now!  8)

:o

Kroff

• Sr. Resident
  • NO MA'AM
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »
Very useful tutorial, KT !

About the range of motion related to the head and neck, is the oral insert cut (by Sinthetics or yourself) to allow a 360° rotation ?

The radial/ulnar rotation of the wrists is certainly something to improve in order to get a 180° rotation ; It's really important for a manikin used as a model for photography.

Looking at this pic :

I realize the ends of the feet are completely floppy. So it's not only the toes which have no wires ; A joint is missing in the arch of the foot to allow natural poses. Something to better too in my humble opinion.

Strangely some ranges of motion, like you mentioned, exceed the capacities of the human body. It's useless and perhaps a bit risky for the silicone. Some limitations would be welcome here and there.

The B2D skeleton is really great, and it is probably the best available on the high-end silicone dolls market currently. Since there is no perfection in this world it could be improved and maybe the next generation will surprise us. But what is the most important to me is the reliability of the joints, and only time will show how trustworthy is this skeleton.
Don't Tread On Me

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »
Sinthetics should consider asking you to use these images for a 'Sin manual' to explain all the (in)posibilities of their dolls !! (if they don't already have one)