Author Topic: Introducing Leah  (Read 11637 times)

ggallin

• Resident
    • GG. Pics
Re: Introducing Leah
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 11:19:11 PM »
Hello to all here on ODC, hope you and your dolls are doing great. I havent really posted in a while but just a little update. Leah is doing great and holding up well, the only problems I have had are very minor as finger, toe nail color has faded and eye lashes have come off. I am still 100% happy with her and highly recomend MLD Dolls to anyone thinking of purchasing one. Leah sleeps with me most of the time and I expected some kind of tear or breakage by now but she is very durable and built well.      GG@Leah
Dolls for GG are-- Sinthetics (Vicki), MLD Doll (Leah), Teddy Babe (Jessica) , Candi 18 (Cindy)@ 1ST-PC (Lexi-R.I.P)

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
lucky you after finally getting to play with my mld today i noticed after play that the knee joint seems to have broken. i'm not sure what to do and have contacted mld cs

ggallin

• Resident
    • GG. Pics
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »
Sorry to here that FuballRz, how long have you had her? Hopefully you will be able to pop her knee back in place. I think they build safety features into the dolls to keep from bending too far and breaking, not sure if this would be the case with yours or not. Good Luck with the repair, im sure she will be fine.
Dolls for GG are-- Sinthetics (Vicki), MLD Doll (Leah), Teddy Babe (Jessica) , Candi 18 (Cindy)@ 1ST-PC (Lexi-R.I.P)

mytime

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
Fur,

Sorry to hear the knee of jour MLD is broken.
I hope you manage to fix her up, these are cute dolls.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
Doll community member since april 2003, doll owner since august 2004

ggallin

• Resident
    • GG. Pics
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
GP, glad you liked Leah's pics. The skin is smooth and soft, I think it feels pretty close to real skin. But I do have to apply Talc Powder to her at least once sometimes twice a week depending on use or she does become sticky and tacky. Hope this helps you out. 

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Just a suggestion...

Talc is a ground up mineral with abrasive qualities.

Back when I was powdering dolls, I used cornstarch.

Cheap and plentiful.

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Sorry to here that FuballRz, how long have you had her? Hopefully you will be able to pop her knee back in place. I think they build safety features into the dolls to keep from bending too far and breaking, not sure if this would be the case with yours or not. Good Luck with the repair, im sure she will be fine.

im not really sure how it happened my mld was one of the first with a flexi spine so it's pretty new. im also not sure what to do about it adam sent mew instructions but it doesnt sound like it will be an overly easy task.

camp as far as i'm awate cornstarch is better than talc for powdering dolls

gp the feeling of the silicone isn't far off from high end dolls such as rd's though the siicone is  bit tougher tan the silicone md and sinthetics use.

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »
Use everyday cornstarch from the grocery store.

Put some in a dish and use a powdwerpuff or a blush brush.

Make sure to have a towel or cloth underneath the Doll.

Waaaay back in the day, when we all had tin dolls, powdering helped create a silky finish to the never ending cure of tin silicone.

On my last visit to Sinthetics, they were using an extremely nice finish, which had that silky feel.

As always, best to ask the manufacturer.

( I feel like the commercials that say "check with your doctor, to see if xxxxxx is right for you" )

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”