Author Topic: Smart Doll  (Read 10785 times)

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Smart Doll
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
I found this on an anime website; http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26957/Smart+Doll.html

I'm most excited to be able to give you an update on the latest and greatest on my new product Smart Doll modeled after my mascot character Mirai Suenaga. Looks like its going to be the first ever interactive robotic 60cm doll ^^; There are many folks in the robot community who have been building robot dolls but Smart Doll is different in two major areas - the robotics are completely hidden underneath the soft vinyl skin and the unit is interactive.

Packed inside Mirai's 60-centimetre jointed body, designed earlier this year, will be a system of 24 servo motors to move her limbs and body, custom designed to fit inside her tiny joints, as no commercially available servo motors were small enough. It will also include sensors that respond to external stimuli -- touch, ultrasound, sights, sounds and location - with the custom-designed CPU housed in her head.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Smart Doll
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »
Cool!  :D
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »
wow looks really impressive, all that technology tucked away in such a small doll

Bluemouse

• Sr. Resident
  • Germany / NRW
    • Tenshi on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
It looks interesting. Thanks for the info Incred  :)
Tenshi Katana is a Sinthetics Kimiko 1B
Galleries: http://ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12574

Spelling mistakes (or errors in translation) are the author intended. They serve only to check the attention and for the general entertainment. Anyone who finds a... may keep him.

Koen

• Doll Manufacturer
  • New Resident
  • Designer and manufacturer of ScoonimDolls
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
Wow. :drool:
Now that is a project in which I would have loved to participate. It really is a pity that this will not work for ScoonimDolls because they are only 1:6 scale. But it might be a reason for me do consider developing a ScoonimDoll in 1:3.  Needless to say That I will continue to follow this project with great interest.
Thank you for sharing Incred! :thumb:

Koen
Scoonimdolls - Bolides in the class of 12" dolls

broli

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »
If you are looking for a doll company I'm available because I am trying to develop robotic doll omyhoney ..  I would love to do that

theodoric

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
I found this on an anime website; http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26957/Smart+Doll.html
that is a fascinating project  :D ... thanks for the info/link  :D

Wow. :drool:
Now that is a project in which I would have loved to participate. It really is a pity that this will not work for ScoonimDolls because they are only 1:6 scale. But it might be a reason for me do consider developing a ScoonimDoll in 1:3.  Needless to say That I will continue to follow this project with great interest.
Thank you for sharing Incred! :thumb:

Koen
absolutely ... the 1/3 girls ARE a good way to go ... my Mio is a 1/3 scale girl (Iplehouse EID Luna, 65cm)

the 1/6 scale girls can be very cute, and some can be very sexy looking ... in a Barbie doll kind of way

but you can do sooooo much more with a 1/3 girl ... they can be made very realistic looking ... they make great dance partners (their arms will go very nicely around your neck, unlike a smaller girl) ... a few have been made sexually capable ... and they are large enough to be able to fit enough electronics in them, as seen above, to make them capable of interacting with their guy, in more than just a "crying baby" way which has been done before with toy dolls for girls

the 60-80cm size range really does seem to be getting more popular ... as evidenced by the number of doll makers who are doing dolls in that size range

Koen

• Doll Manufacturer
  • New Resident
  • Designer and manufacturer of ScoonimDolls
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 07:52:08 AM »
If you are looking for a doll company I'm available because I am trying to develop robotic doll omyhoney ..  I would love to do that
I have given it some more thought. ;)
I have spend already 10 years in developing ScoonimDolls and I still find details that can/need to be improved. This I look upon as a treat  because I love developing  :), but it is also a burden because in the end the investment needs to be repayed.   :(
R&D and making innovations, inventions, models, moulds and parts is my bussiness which means that it has to pay my bills. So, as much as I love this kind of projects, I have to be realistic.  Based on what I know now I think that developing a robotic like ScoonimDoll is a too big risk project.  I also reckon that the costs for developing a such an extremely extremely complex project like a robotic ScoonimDoll in whatever scale are such that this will be not within my financial reach for several years even to consider.  :-[
I am sorry. 

Koen
Scoonimdolls - Bolides in the class of 12" dolls

broli

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
Hello, ah it's interesting what you say, yes I think that it must be hard but I'm willing to invest a serious person to create it ..
Personal Message I come to discuss with you.

Varkeo

• New Resident
    • varkeo.com
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
Ya I saw that! That doll looks incredible.
It takes a lot of creative brain power like that to come up with something that amazing.  :whistle:

Polaroid

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Paparazzi
Smart Doll
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 12:21:19 AM »
Danny Choo makes these nice gals that you might be interested http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27195/Smart+Doll.html

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 12:54:10 AM »
     A pretty little doll that shops the internet! Is that a credit card at her feet?

A word of warning - the website has way too much information on the web pages and they take a long time to load. Otherwise it is a nice looking website.

8) 8) 8)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 05:58:28 AM »
That is very cool, I don't ordinarily go for smaller dolls, but this one really catches my eye. I'll definitely keep tabs on this little gal, the creator seems like a great guy, as well.

Thanks for the heads-up.