Author Topic: How to Carry a Doll  (Read 14595 times)

Crizzman

• Sr. Resident
Re: How to Carry a Doll
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »

LMFAO...!!!!
Gentlemen prefer blondes..!!

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »
Great tutorial, Incred!

Myfanwy does look like she is enjoying the embrace.

Well Done!

Great pics of Matt, too! That does bring back some memories.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
AMEN I've been thinking about exactly this and was gonna ask the makers about it. You addressed my concerns precisely. Cause V does have big boobs and I don't want to put un-needed strain on the material using the bear hug.. the bridal carry is tough cause I'm weak. Although I noticed I am building up strength from lifting her lmao. I switched things up and started lifting with the hands on the sides of her rib cage right above the waist. I will have to try this one soon and see. Thank you so much for that tutorial.

Please can you do one showing how to get her OFF the stand in the same easy fashion? I Vote to make a "Dolls Tutorials" section and move this in it. Along with other posts that showed how to's
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »

Please can you do one showing how to get her OFF the stand in the same easy fashion? I Vote to make a "Dolls Tutorials" section and move this in it. Along with other posts that showed how to's

I can do it this weekend because it would be easier with Camp clicking the shutter while I hold the doll. That's why It took 40 pictures to get 5  :P
To get the shots with Myffy I had 20 seconds to click the shutter, then run over get her arms in position, and get my hands in position, then pick her up and move into position, and hold still. Phew.

Anyways getting her off the stand is even easier because she is already upright.  Just get in close, and put her arms on your shoulders. Then put your arm over around her legs, and the other around her back then pick her up using you knees. Never lift with your back if you can help it.

Also decide how you are going to position her when setting her down. This will determine which side to pick her up on. Always plan your moves.

dollsforever

• New Resident
  • Hey,Dolls and Dudes
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Yes,its easier if the doll is under 100lbs(perferably 80 for me)and you do have to be careful on breasts.And I'm morely doing that with Mia due to her being within the weight range(or atleast)and just it easier more on me.I learned the carry from my brother who is very perisist on me carrying him when he wants to show people me carrying him.
Leanna Mia Foster-1987-2013

Jesse1965

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
I Vote to make a "Dolls Tutorials" section and move this in it. Along with other posts that showed how to's

That's a good idea!  In fact, some if us were kicking around the idea of making tutorial videos while we were visiting the manufacturers last month.  I plan on helping make this happen.
You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead.

kintamasan

• Sr. Resident
  • "Welcome to the Layer Cake"
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »
Thanks for this very helpful information, Incred. I can carry my GND perfectly like you showed in your photo's. I can cradle carry my LD's and Terri in the standard fashion but, will try this variation in the future with them.
Lovable Dolls, Sinthetics and PIB Polymerisian: Sometimes my dreams come true.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
     For "extended distances", I refer mostly to outdoor location shoots.

I can get a full-sized doll, her doll stand, my tripod, camera, and a few small props together in one neat package.

Transporting a doll on  a doll stand on a hand truck should be done with caution. The doll is top-heavy and may shift with even a slight bump. This could cause the whole asembly to tumble over sideways. Dolly-dollies are hand trucks modified to carry a doll upright.

Once you arrive at your shooting location, you still need to employ Incred's carry techniques. This will insure the doll's safety, and your own.

;) ;) ;)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Gramps

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 12:31:03 AM »
To get the shots with Myffy I had 20 seconds to click the shutter, then run over get her arms in position, and get my hands in position, then pick her up and move into position, and hold still. Phew.

Incred, have you tried Interval Photography?  (That's what Nikon calls it.)  The camera automatically takes a picture every 30 seconds, until you stop it.

deno

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
I Vote to make a "Dolls Tutorials" section and move this in it. Along with other posts that showed how to's

That's a good idea!  In fact, some if us were kicking around the idea of making tutorial videos while we were visiting the manufacturers last month.  I plan on helping make this happen.

I second that!
That frog and I discussed this idea recently- It would be of great use especially to new doll owners and noobs like me!  :laugh:

deno

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »

Andy_J

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »

That sounds exhausting.  :o
For that reason - when I made the recently posted picture of Amy sitting on my lap, I actually shot a video with my camera. So I could pick the best still - sitting comfortably at my computer.  ;)

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
Nice job incred. :thumb:

I have to get izzy into this sort of hold when I hang her on her head bracket.  Not too easy with a 47 KG Mecha!  I just try to straighten my back as soon as I can.  Its especially fun carrying her up and down the stairs..... :whistle:

V does have big boobs and I don't want to put un-needed stain on the material using the bear hug..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
NO I always try not to needlessly stain my doll! :laugh:
Sorry Aikagi000!  My childish sense of humor got the better of me again! :-[  Please forgive me.

Crizzman

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »
Nice job incred. :thumb:

I have to get izzy into this sort of hold when I hang her on her head bracket.  Not too easy with a 47 KG Mecha!  I just try to straighten my back as soon as I can.  Its especially fun carrying her up and down the stairs..... :whistle:

V does have big boobs and I don't want to put un-needed stain on the material using the bear hug..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
NO I always try not to needlessly stain my doll! :laugh:
Sorry Aikagi000!  My childish sense of humor got the better of me again! :-[  Please forgive me.

:) :) :)
Gentlemen prefer blondes..!!