Author Topic: Where to view a mini in Florida??  (Read 4001 times)

Thunderbolt

• New Resident
Where to view a mini in Florida??
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
I'm sure I am not the first guy to find himself at this juncture.
I've seen the online pictures of the mini doll, and even bought a one month subscription to a website which had a couple of videos of the new small breasted doll in action.
All of these, along with the very responsive emails from he manufacturer have me quite interested.
However, substantial questions remain about the size and posing ability of the doll. I am looking for as realistic an experience as could be expected from a non-breathing lady, but really need to see one in person, and, if possible, gently handle it to make sure my $2K investment won't simply become a frustrating ornament.
The video makes the doll appear to be little more than a hand sized object, and that wouldn't work for me.
A full sized doll is too expensive right now.
The Mfgr has a no return policy, and has no showroom available, so simply placing an order " in the blind" is more of a "winger" than I am comfortable with.
So, is there any commercial place, or even a privately owned doll in Florida I could inspect to get confidence to make the leap?
Yes, I do realize that I am probably violating some unwritten taboo by even asking this question, but what the heck ?
If I am out of line, just say so and I'll drop it and try to figure some other way.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Where to view a mini in Florida??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Thunderbolt,

Buying any high-ticket item sight unseen is always risky. You take a risk even when you buy an item 'off the shelf'. Since doll owners are a notoriously paranoid lot, you will not be invited to see someone's doll until you have been around a while and developed trust.

If the manufacturer will not allow a visit, and if there are no reviews of this product, and if there are no searchable customer galleries, then you have to weigh the risk against your desire to purchase that product.

High-ticket items like these dolls demand that the customer do his or her own homework. You may decide to go ahead with this purchase, but even then it will take time to scrape up the $2000. Your best bet is to start a savings plan while to complete the research. Good luck and good hunting!

:) :) :)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
MLDs aren't very big, so if you're leaning towards a fullsized doll I'd opt for one of those. There are some interesting options coming from chinese doll-builders; mind you, the bigger ones won't be 'cheap'. Regarding the pose-ability: MLDs do have a skeleton and can be posed, but don't expect to get the same pose-ability you get with fullsized top of the line dolls.

Thunderbolt

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »
The manufacturer was VERY forthcoming as far as written communication, and gave me his phone number if I wished to speak to him in person.
He said that other projects they work on besides the mini doll wouldn't permit anyone to visit their shop, however.
Shame, really since they are located about a two hour drive from where I live.
I do realize that some folks would be hesitant to have someone ID them IRL as doll owners, supposing that a "normal" person would consider them as something less. Or perhaps, that I might be someone REALLY off the deep end, and they would be putting themselves at risk by allowing a visit.
For what assurance my word can be, I can tell you that neither scenario applies in this instance. I am just trying to figure out if the pint sized doll would fulfill my particular need for silent companionship.
The $2K is quite doable, but the $6K-plus that the big girls ask in return for keeping you company is a bit too steep for my hobbies account.
The optimum would be if the mfgr had a showroom as Real Doll and some of the others do.
I am extremely impressed with life like quality of the Sinthetics, and some of the Real Doll and Boy Toy dolls. Those folks are true artists and well deserving of their fees.
The closed-mouth version of the mini doll is just cute as a button, and, along with the other considerable assets of the more buxom version really has my interest.
Who knows? Perhaps some owner can construct a scenario wherein they feel safe enough to allow me to see their doll.
Lacking that, perhaps someone post some photos of themselves (with face covered for security) with the mini doll sitting on their lap, and/or perhaps laying on a bed alongside a guy of about my 5'8" size so I can get a better idea of scale.
I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Thanks to all for the advice!
T'Bolt (always liked that name better than "Jug"!)

guitarpussy

• Sr. Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
T-bolt,

I don't own one, but MLDs are nice.  They've been around for a while too, and so has Virgin Rose Dolls (VRD).  They are in your price range ($2K) too.  Have a look at 1AMDolls from China.  Their importer is in the midwest and they are quick to respond to questions.  They are also in your range, but that's all I know about them except they're really hot !

Personally, I have a ReadDoll Body 10, Face -15.  But she weighs in at around 112 Lbs, so the bigger dolls, at least mine, all have a weight issue, but as time goes by, they are getting lighter, look around.  I also have a Private Island Beauties (PIB) Bathing Beauty, and absolutely love it.  It's only 60 Lbs, and very flexable.

FWIW, my two cents;  unless you want to start a doll collection, be patient and save your money for a good high end full size doll.  If you get the right one, you'll never regret it because they're great in the sack and so pretty to look at.  They have a presence in any room they're in too.  And IMHO, a PIB is well worth looking into.  Patrick has the best customer service and responds quickly.  I would also look seriously at Ruby 13, they're in the $4500. range or more but have a great reputation.

Because of the repair experiences I've had in the past, if I had it to do over, I would stay away from Abyss.  That's just me though and many others swear by them so it's a crap shoot.

Before I bought my first doll (the RD), I spent lots of time on this forum and the other one, just reading like you're doing, so keep on doing that, and when you're comfortable enough to pull the trigger.........then do it.  I would especially pay attention to the maintenance and repair pages to see what dolls are being repaired most often and how.

There's lots of experience here so don't be afraid to ask more questions.

So good luck, and SAVE YOUR MONEY for a doll that's really worthwhile and that's not to say that MLD and VRD and the like are not worthwhile, they are very fine dolls, but nothing like the full size ones.  And if you're only getting into those small dolls because of the price range, then I think you could be making a mistake.....it's a tough descision sometimes.

GP

Thunderbolt

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »
I was not aware of the 1AM dolls.
I just looked at them, and they do indeed offer an alternative to the mini doll.
The price is comparable, and they are quoting delivery times (ARO) of no more than 15 days!
That's a bit different from most of the other folks.
Thanks for the tip!

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:11 PM »
Those 1 AM Dolls deserve a closer look. Unless I'm out of the loop, that may be the find of the year.  :o

life-is-plastic

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »
worth mentioning: in case you would like to dress up your doll it's good to remember it's easier to find sexy clothing for larger (full size) dolls than for the smaller ones like the MLD or VRD

guitarpussy

• Sr. Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
worth mentioning: in case you would like to dress up your doll it's good to remember it's easier to find sexy clothing for larger (full size) dolls than for the smaller ones like the MLD or VRD

And that's probably the best point of all, and supports the argument for buying a life sized doll in the first place.  But if you're like me and only use your dolls for sex, then the wardrobe requirements are nil.  I've had my RD for over four years and she's always naked.  I love the way she looks too !   :drool:

Thunderbolt

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »
It appears that the 1am doll can also wear standard (small) size clothing, and the price is about the same as the Mini doll.
I do really like the look of the non-oral Mini head, and the large breasts on that doll.
The 1am appears to be able to stand, and that could add another dimension of realism.
I've been doing a lot of research, and it appears that there are many more fully sufficient choices available.
I'm leaning to either the Mini or the 1am at this time.