Author Topic: Tactile sensation comparison of latex skinned Maid Ling to a silicone doll  (Read 2104 times)

Thunderbolt

• New Resident
I just discovered what could be a contender to the MLD and the 1AM dolls: the Maid-Ling.
Sticking within my budgeted approximately $2K range, this doll has a lot to offer.
What I need to get a much better sense of is what a latex- skinned foam doll like this FEELS like, compared to a silicone one.
From my experience with smaller silicone objects, I am somewhat familiar with their resilience, and the general feeling of the surface.
What I'm wary of with the latex-foam construction is getting something that feels  substantially less lifelike.
Ie:, I'm envisioning a dolls arm or leg that collapses to the skeleton with a very light touch. Or lips that distort so much under a reasonable amount of affectionate oral  pressure as to return very little in the way of a pleasurable sensation.
So, owners of Maid Ling, can you chime in here and straighten me out?
The prospect of a doll with these proportions at this light weight and cost is indeed attractive.
As an aside, I must say that all of the manufacturers I've contacted with WAY too many questions have been nothing other than polite, patient and forthcoming with as much information as can be conveyed in this manner.
So, what say you, MaidLing owners?
T'Bolt

vhd95

• Resident
Re: Tactile sensation comparison of latex skinned Maid Ling to a silicone doll
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
something I would also ask about is the durability and lifespan of latex

I don't know if Maid Ling uses some new special latex or something, but most latex products I've seen don't have a very long lifespan when compared to silicone.

pygmalion2

• Sr. Resident
Re: Tactile sensation comparison of latex skinned Maid Ling to a silicone doll
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »
I don't own one of these doll but I believe that the head and the insert are silicone.
Based experience that I have had with other dolls both latex and silicone dolls can last for 10 years +
but I have seen both types destroyed in a matter of days or weeks.  Longevity of any doll depends
heavily on how well the owner takes care of it.

Mark and the Synthetiks
Realdolls and Sinthetics