Author Topic: It Happens Every Year, Sophia's Birthday!  (Read 4699 times)

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
It Happens Every Year, Sophia's Birthday!
« on: February 16, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
It would seem that every year for the past few, I have not been home, or had access to my computer on a rather important day. With the exception of February 11th 2008, I have been away more often than not on Sophia's birthday. 2014 was no different.

On the 11th of February 2014, Sophia turned six.

I might have physically missed many of her birthdays, but I always make it up to her, and I was there for the one that truly mattered.

Sophia wasn't my first doll, or even my first full sized doll. You can read about those dolls HERE.

What makes Sophia truly important comes in two parts. First is that she was the first doll of serious quality that I purchased. Second, and perhaps more importantly, she was also the first doll that I really connected with, and came up with a personality and character for. I may have more realistic dolls now, but none of them share the same emotional bond that I share with Sophia.

I still remember getting the call to go down to the local logistics center to pick her up, the weather being cloudy and partly raining and partly snowing, and most importantly wondering how I was going to get that box into my car to take her home. I remember the rather large tradesman picking up her box and hefting it over his shoulder to carry it to my car, and him laughing at me when I suggested we both pick up the box and team carry it to make life easier. He moved it like it was nothing.

I remember getting everything home, getting my camera set up on a tripod to get some pics as I opened up the box and saw her for the first time.

This isn't her oldest picture by a few seconds, but I think it best captured what I saw when I first got the lid off of her container.

Needless to say, I was stunned. Here she was, the doll I had been waiting for for the past few weeks (things were very different in terms of doll production back then), and I actually had her in my house, my hands, my arms, my life.

There certainly was a learning curve with her, as there is with all dolls, but this was unexplored territory. Sophia has put up with a lot of fumbling and dumbness from me over our years together. She has also been an excellent tutor in the ways of photography. I look back at her galleries here at ODC and also in my personal home archive, and realize that I have taken a lot of terrible pictures of her. Well, terrible as compared to what I can do now. But I love them all the same.

In a future thread I will ask members of the forum to help me pick some favorite pictures of my dolls to redo, with better lighting and so on.

As time goes by and more dolls enter my silicone family, Sophia sees less and less attention. Her joints are getting harder to manipulate, her finger pokes are pretty bad despite my best efforts to stay ahead of the issue, and her inserts that come from Abyss are pretty worthless now. The inserts is a topic for a different discussion. So, when she comes out to play or have her picture taken, she needs some extra TLC and time. Which is never a bad thing. More time with Sophia is always good!

We still cuddle together on the couch or on my bed, watching a movie, listening to music, or reading something. I can hardly believe it has been six years since she came home. Good grief how time flies.

But she can still rock it!

Should the day come that we must part, I will mourn her like a flesh and blood companion.

I had other mushy lovey things I had originally written here when my post got eaten by the server yesterday. I can't remember all of it, and I guess that part doesn't really matter. I vented about it elsewhere on this forum.

Please join me in wishing Sophia a happy birthday! My  :redhead: :angel: :evil: ;D Girl!
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

Jesse1965

• Sr. Resident
Re: It Happens Every Year, Sophia's Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »
Happy Birthday, Sophia!  I hope 'that day' never comes.
You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »
                                  :fireworks: :fireworks:   HAPPY BIRTH SOPHIA!   :fireworks: :fireworks:

FROM

CORAL AND THE GIRLS
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
Happy Birthday Sophia!

You look pretty as ever! Your in good caring hands :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
Thanks for the nice pics of Sophia, Bel!! :)

Sorry about the forum acting up on you at the wrong time.

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, and Michiko.

Cyber Ted

• New Resident
  • Boy Toy Toy.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Sophia.

Still as gorgeous as ever.  :redhead:

CT
BoyToy2 Melody, BoyToy1 Miss September, YL Dolls 148 and a gaggle of Teddy Babes

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 04:31:57 AM »
A little late but  Happy Birthday Sophia.

:fireworks:    :birthday:    :fireworks:
for album click the pic

Haremlover

• Sr. Resident
  • Former member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
Perhaps we should be the ones thanking you for having a Birthday!

Balshanar - wonderful photos - a real sweetie - and a nice description of the learning curve for those who are only just starting on our way with such engaging ladies.

Best wishes

Harem
Aira and Chloé are DS DollSweet Silicone Déesses and the DS Forum is fascinating.
Kira is a Private Island Beauty (PIB)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Latex ladies from www.domax.fr are wonderful - I pass on discounts to UK forum members
 - please PM if interested

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »
Even though Sophia is all but retired now, having graduated from the duties of a front line silicone lover, she still retains a special place in my heart. On the morning of the eleventh I had sat down with my breakfast to write this post, but as I tried to put finger to keyboard, I couldn't write what I wanted to. Then I realized that I needed to wolf down my food and get the heck out the door to get to work on time. Then, as life often does, I got pulled in a lot of different directions.I'm terrible at remembering birthdays. But there's an app for that!

Anyhow, it is the celebration of Sophia's eighth unboxing day. I will never forget that cold and rainy day when I drove to the shipping place to pick her up. There was magic when I finally saw her in person. There still is. She may not be used for anything beyond the occasional picture and snuggling every here and there. I'll fully admit that that has everything to do with her not having any viable inserts anymore and abyss no longer making inserts that are just right for her (changed designs a few years back), and her joints not being too happy with movement (very stiff), but I love her all the same.

Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »
Happy Birthday Sophia :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:23:54 PM »
Wow, Sophia's B'day is the same as Sharon's! Congratulations. Do you think she would share her secret for getting her joints tighter? Sharon's have gotten so loose she can barely hold a pose anymore.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls