Author Topic: Post-A-Pic... 1,2,3 !  (Read 6999 times)

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Post-A-Pic... 1,2,3 !
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »
ONE...

Select a pic from any album, any online album, right click on the picture...And copy the picture url... the address where the picture is located...

Like this...

TWO...

Open your reply window, and click the "Mona Lisa" icon (), this should produce "Img" tags in the reply box...

Then "paste" the url you copied between the image tags...

Looks like this...

THREE...

Hit POST...

Looks like...
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Post-A-Pic... 1,2,3 !
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »
THIS !...

Camp

• Founding Father
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »
Any Questions ?...

Sara Lynn

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
Just wondering if this class has a dress code.... or um a undress code

philinotstine

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:53 AM »
When I right click on my photos no url shows. My galleries are in picassa photo viewer. ???

bestmthikr

• Resident

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 04:42:02 AM »
Great tutorial Camp and Dottie.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Is Dottie available for other tutorials ?
I need to learn to swim the breastroke, I think Dottie would be great to teach me.
Tell her I would buy her a beer.... :)
for album click the pic

philinotstine

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 01:58:39 AM »
Hi, guys. Its been a while since I posted pics here so I forgot how to and the other day it was late night my time anmd I was too tired to relearn.
 Anyway as the song says I got by with a little help from my friend - CyberTed kindly uploaded some of the biker pics to his gallery so I,ll now attempt to post them here.
 Here goes....
Nope. No properties when I right click the pic in the album so again no url. God, I,m thick!
 Apologies again guys. :-[

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 05:30:06 AM »
Phil, a couple of things...

1.  A quick Google search said that Picassa is slowly being discontinued as it's being changed into Google Plus's photo viewer.  This may or may not have an affect on your gallery so I'd find out how to transfer or update your program.

2.  I use Firefox.  Camp uses Internet Exploder Explorer and each uses a different way to copy a photo link.  I feel this might be one of the bigger reasons why there is much confusion on how to post a photo here.  Others may use Google's Chrome and it has its own way as well.

Firefox: Right-click on the photo and select "Copy Image Location."  Move on to Camp's instruction #2 after....

IE: Right-click on the photo and (My advice is) simply select 'Copy'.  OR, you could select 'Properties' and then do a copy/paste of the Address (URL), as Camp appears to have shown.  Move on to Camp's instruction #2 after....

Hope this helps

philinotstine

• New Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
Thanks but I have literally thousands of photos and already transferred them once from windows photo gallery on my old pc. it took weeks! I,d hate to have to do that all over again.  :(

bestmthikr

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »
They are sideways in my album I can not edit them to come upright. They came from an apple ipod. When I post the link in chat says to others no image found. My profile says public on that page. People can find them and post them in chat but I can not. I only have a 8 inch, 7 inch tablet, and a 4 inch ipod. I have a digital camera but wont work with tablets due to needing to download software from cd to hard drive. Needs windows xp older camera. I dont plan on doing much photography so no need to buy new one.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:38 PM »
In the gallery the 'edit/rotate' function doesn't work.

If you have a windows based computer the image appears sideways, but if you right click on the picture here in the post, then click 'view image' it will show upright. Also on my Ipad the image here in the post is already upright.

I have the same problem with my Ipad. I can email pictures, but can not paste them in a gallery, or from a gallery to a post.

Also when I email the pictures they had to be taken with the camera up top, or they will open in the email upside down.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »

Looks good to me Phil.

In the gallery click on the pic you want to post to make it bigger.

Then right click on the image to copy the image url address it will look like this; http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/albums/userpics/user3506_pic29896_1403981681.jpg

In your post, click on Mona Lisa, and paste the pic.

Hit preview to see if you like it, then post.

Don't worry about sizing the pic it is done automatically, which will look like this; [img width=547 height=650] Click on the 'quote' button to see how the picture address will look.