Author Topic: The wait for Mandy  (Read 17001 times)

betamkii

• Resident
The wait for Mandy
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:56:15 PM »
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

My final payment has been made and the status updated to "construction"! It's been a long 16 months (placed my order back in August last year)! I began my search for a companion last summer looking at Realdoll, 4woods, and a few others; then I found Sinthetics and instantly fell in love. The details, even just in pictures, are so much more realistic than the others, that I knew right then which I'd pick.

After looking through the options and pictures both on their site and here, I placed my order. I also ordered samples, just to be sure I chose the best skin color for me (this was super helpful and I strongly suggest new customers do the same); turns out I didn't. Over the next few months a changed a few things here and there (including skin color), but then left it for almost a year. Then came the unfortunate issue they had with a silicone shipment. I then started looking through my choices again. I wasn't sure about some of them, particularly the make up, but Bronwen was incredibly helpful with that and I can't thank her enough for her help and patience over the last few months.

So now I have a delivery estimate for early January (darn those pesky holidays), and I'm feeling the same anxiety I did way back when I first made my order. In the meantime, I've been spending some time looking at clothes and accessories (glasses?), and oh boy is that a whole other story.

Anyway, for those wondering, here are her stats:
  • Body 2D
  • Alicia
  • Peaches
  • Scattered Beauty Marks
  • U1 Black wig (plus a couple others)
  • Standard Blue Grey Eyes
  • 3D Painted Brows
  • Custom lighter application of Drama Blue eye shadow
  • Moderate Night Eyeliner
  • Roses Sheer Lips
  • Bunny Teeth
  • Removable Insert, Standard
  • Full Brazilian
  • French Manicure/Pedicure
  • Standard Nipples
  • Soft Inner Thighs

I'll be sure to post pictures when I can.

[Edit: June 27, 2015]
I received the demolding pictures today! I was asked not to post them, due to scammers possibly using them. But anyway, my wait is truly almost over now! If everything goes as scheduled from now on, she should be home in about 3 weeks!

[Edit: November 24, 2015]
After sending an email at the end of September, I finally heard back from them today. They're finishing things up and looking to ship for a delivery the week before Christmas. Fingers crossed (again).

[Edit: April 29, 2016]
Sin finally got back to me and said my doll was ready to ship, BUT they also offered me a free re-pour of the body with the new silicone if I wait one month. I've decided to wait. However, I did receive some pictures (which made the decision to wait harder), which you can find on page 4 or in my gallery here. Here's one of them:

One month to go...

[Edit: November 1, 2016]
Well, so much for that one month. Standard Sin operations, Matt's dad passing, and now Matt getting sick certainly haven't helped anything. I'm hoping enough got done before Matt's ailment that the rest of the staff can finish her and send her home finally, but who knows. Anyway, I did get the demolding pictures of the new body back in August, so at least some progress has been made since May. You can find those in my gallery or later in this thread.

[Edit: December 5, 2016]
My wait is finally almost over!

I just received the shipping notification from Sin and I can hardly contain my excitement! The estimated delivery is on the 8th!
Owner of a Sinthetics 2D Alicia/Celeste - 12/12/16

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: The wait for Mandy is almost over!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:43:46 AM »
Welcome Aboard !

A peaches, 2D, Alicia with bunny teeth...

Yumm-oh !  :thumb:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:17:18 AM »

Congratulations!  There are a number of us on the waiting list for a Sinthetic...I've been waiting 6 months and has been tough... can't imagine your excitement after waiting 16 months and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  Really looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 06:53:26 AM »
Congratulations and welcome to ODC! :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

JohnConnor

• Sr. Resident
  • Artificial women are HOT!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 08:21:22 AM »
WOOT!  Can't wait to hear about her arrival!  Congrats!
>John Connor
-----------------------------------------
Allison is a Boy Toy body 1, Autumn, born in February 2011, our anniversary is March 7th 2011
Farah is a Sinthetics B1B, Celeste, born on April 1st 2013, our anniversary is June 21st 2013
Jennifer 8 is a YL Doll 148 cm, Jennifer/Viola, born on December 7th 2014, our anniversary is December 11th 2014
Kara is a JY Doll 166 cm (Flora with Kira head), born on 23 June 2017, our anniversary is 30 June 2017

PhylTMynd

• New Resident
  • Yer ol' pal Phyl
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »
16 months?? :o

Is that typical??  Or was there some special issue in your case?

I've said it before:  Sinthetics has a great product... but if they can't do something about their turn-around times, McMullen is going to eat them alive!

AndyH

• New Resident
  • I like Cats
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 05:14:25 PM »
Congrats!

I can't say I think much of the 16 month wait time. YES it's substantially longer than almost any other manufacturer. However I can only IMAGINE you've saved/been saving money in that time to buy things for her.

At least that's what I'd do for a long wait, then go on a super massive shopping spree lol. I think glasses would look SO NICE on her. Maybe some rings, and necklaces. bangles? Silver would be a nice jewelry colour on a peaches skin tone. Especially with black hair.

Anyway! Going to stop babbling!

I hope she arrives well and looks as stunning as she sounds =D

xx

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »
<snip!>
I'll be sure to post pictures when I can.

You better! >:( ;) ;D
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

betamkii

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 01:02:19 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

16 months?? :o

Is that typical??  Or was there some special issue in your case?

I've said it before:  Sinthetics has a great product... but if they can't do something about their turn-around times, McMullen is going to eat them alive!

I don't believe so. From what I know, the 2D body tends to have a longer queue to begin with, but then add in unfortunate events like illness, staffing issues, and a bad silicone shipment over the last year, and it adds up. It sounds like they're getting back on track with plans to improve, so hopefully they can get their times down and keep them down next year and going forward.

I knew about the long wait from the start (though not quite this long), and it's a definite Con when dealing with Sinthetics, which may be a deal breaker for some. However, to offset that you have great customer service from Bronwen and an absolutely beautiful final product as Pros.

I hope she arrives well and looks as stunning as she sounds =D

I'm sure she will. And good call on the jewelry; I'll wait to see what she comes with before getting anything else though. As for clothes, I got a few things already, but I'm mostly "window" shopping right now while building a wishlist of sorts.

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »
Well it's not the longest wait I've heard of, hope you like your final product.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »
Fuzzy!!!!!!  Great to see you!

I would also like to add my warm welcome :welcome: and congratulations :cheers: to you betamkii and your Mandy!

Fuzzy78

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 06:25:44 PM »
TY Z-dr long time no see

kintamasan

• Sr. Resident
  • "Welcome to the Layer Cake"
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
Congrats on your lady going into the construction phase!!! Your configuration will look absolutely divine when she's complete!!  :thumb:
Lovable Dolls, Sinthetics and PIB Polymerisian: Sometimes my dreams come true.

betamkii

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 09:57:36 PM »
Well, some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is, I've had to wait another 5 months due to some more delays (none of which were really under Sinthetic's control). That now puts my wait at around 21 months.

The good news is, there's light at the end of the tunnel! In the last email reply from Bronwen, she said she'd be in touch soon, so fingers crossed!

Congrats on your lady going into the construction phase!!! Your configuration will look absolutely divine when she's complete!!  :thumb:
Thanks, kintamasan! I'd say I hope she will, but from what I've seen of others' Sins, I know she will. ;D Sorry I missed this for as long as I did.