Author Topic: The wait for Mandy  (Read 16846 times)

Zardoz

• Resident
Re: The wait for Mandy is almost over!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:01 AM »
Good luck. I've now been waiting 16 months for my 1B; the website said 14-16 weeks back when I ordered in January 2014. I paid the deposit to move to "final production" a year ago.
      Now, I've seen demolding pics of my doll (in February). And I have some custom work with mine, so it'll be a little longer. But with visitors coming shortly, I can't take delivery until July, if the doll is even ready then.
But yeah... this is a really terribly long wait for us both. I'm sorry. I hope in a few months we'll both be thanking ourselves for sticking it out and getting exactly what we want; right now I sort of wish I had gone with a company that could deliver a little less, a whole lot sooner.  :(

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 02:31:17 AM »

Uggggg... I echo frustrations from Zardoz although I haven't waited as long as he has...The "brochure" stated 14-16 weeks for my order as well - that order was placed June 14, 2014 so damn near one year ago now.  The "brochure" also indicates delivery after an approximate 5 weeks from the time final payment is made - my final payment was made last month and hearing Zardoz talk about a year passing after final payment makes me want to black out...

Be careful when you hear "soon" from Sinthetics.  Some of us have learned that Sinthetics "soon" and "soon" to someone waiting for their doll is completely different.  To me, "soon" is a few weeks but that's just me... I really wish Sinthetics would just step up and say what's really going on, because in all truthfulness, this wait can make a normal, rational person fucking nuts.

Hang in there man...You are not alone...

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:39 PM »
Well, some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is, I've had to wait another 5 months due to some more delays (none of which were really under Sinthetic's control). That now puts my wait at around 21 months.

betamkii, are you able to talk more about the reasons of the another 5 months delay ?
I try to join Sinthetics since 2 weeks about my order; without no answer at my email. I ordered another head, with my previous body order in last January.
Future owner of a Sinthetics 1H Alicia, Celestine, Eliza and Yuriko...in the production list !
Future owner of a Ruby, wide 3'' areolas, light skin tone...in production soon !
Happy owner of 2 CLM 160 !

Former owner of a 165cm K cup gigantic boobs.
Former owner of Abby (Maya) 100cm LARGE breast.
Former owner of a Penthouse® Jenna Rose CyberSkin® Reality Girl

Mic

• New Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
My order was in November 2012 and I did paid the deposit in march 2013, the final payment was in march 2014 and this year in march I have got an email with photos of demolding and Bronwen wrote that I will get my doll in 2 weeks, but now after 6 weeks I did not get anything, no email and no doll.
So since 14 months they have more than 6500 Dollars from me! :(

betamkii

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
I'm trying to stay positive, but it's evident I'm not the only one starting to or already feeling frustration over the wait...

Well, some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is, I've had to wait another 5 months due to some more delays (none of which were really under Sinthetic's control). That now puts my wait at around 21 months.

betamkii, are you able to talk more about the reasons of the another 5 months delay ?
I try to join Sinthetics since 2 weeks about my order; without no answer at my email. I ordered another head, with my previous body order in last January.

The only things that I know for sure are the two conventions they went to in January (which, to correct my previous post, they did have some control over), their recent studio move, and illness/injury. Basically, it's all been on their end.

As for why you haven't heard back from them yet, they might still have a backlog of emails to go through. Bronwen is usually pretty good at replying quickly.

My order was in November 2012 and I did paid the deposit in march 2013, the final payment was in march 2014 and this year in march I have got an email with photos of demolding and Bronwen wrote that I will get my doll in 2 weeks, but now after 6 weeks I did not get anything, no email and no doll.

What body did you order?
Owner of a Sinthetics 2D Alicia/Celeste - 12/12/16

AnonViking

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
I'd really like to order a Sinth, I got the money, but Sinth need to get a whole lot more transparent about delivery times before I even consider ordering from them. There's not a chance I'll wait 2 years when they state on their website only a few weeks.

As of March 2015, our estimated production times are as follows:
Body 1B = body 1 with B-cup breasts           Current wait time: 15 – 18 weeks
Body 1H = body 1 with H-cup breasts          Current wait time:  24 – 28 weeks
Body 2A = body 2 with A-cup breasts          Current wait time: 12 – 16 weeks
Body 2D = body 2 with D-cup breasts.        Current wait time:  36 – 40 weeks
Male =        body M1                                         Current wait time:   12 – 14 weeks
http://sinthetics.com/about/faq

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 11:47:38 PM »
I'd really like to order a Sinth, I got the money, but Sinth need to get a whole lot more transparent about delivery times before I even consider ordering from them. There's not a chance I'll wait 2 years when they state on their website only a few weeks.

Yes Anon, you are true. I made my order based on these delivery times they have on their website.  More time pass, more I see some customers who wait since a really long time. It's enough time for you life to change, have a girlfriend, be married, have child. So, it's not too interesting. But when you are in the waiting list, you cannot do anything, worse when you have paid fully the order. You will have a piece of art for sure, but after a long long time. I have to stop buying clothes and shoes....I'll be able to open a store with all these products, before my Sin arrive !!!
Future owner of a Sinthetics 1H Alicia, Celestine, Eliza and Yuriko...in the production list !
Future owner of a Ruby, wide 3'' areolas, light skin tone...in production soon !

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 05:14:15 AM »
For me its really hard to understand why people still place orders at Sinthetics.

Could it be they have a product that is actually worth the wait? :whistle:

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 06:00:42 AM »
Sorry, but Oliver is right here.  Sinthetics has-been/is getting way to much slack on the delivery issue.  Back in the day if Abyss took longer than 6 months even with reasonable reasons there were riots.  Now a year or even longer is the acceptable norm when most others can get you your doll in 4 or 5 months tops?

They are in the process of moving to a new facility, which is a good sign they are growing the business, but the delivery issue still hangs over them big time.  It's my number one reason why I do not place an order as well.

Mic

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 06:46:42 AM »
I'm trying to stay positive, but it's evident I'm not the only one starting to or already feeling frustration over the wait...

What body did you order?
My order is 2D Tawny with dolce skin tone and sky blue eyes
http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=24571&fullsize=1

TheZenLife

• New Resident
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
I have been waiting 1,5 years now for a 1B Celeste. There`s been some very nice upgrades along the way, but still it`s a very long wait for something they say take (?) weeks to make. I`ve got demolded-pictures in early March.

My girfriend has been worried because I paid the full amount last year. I keep hearing "what if they are broke?", "are you sure they are not scamming you?", "how can the few finished dolls they are putting out on the webpage be enough for them to survive?" etc. I hope Sinthetics can see this for a customers standpoint, and that they are now doing their very best to catch up on the waiting list. For some customers this can be a very stressful situation given all the money involved and the lead time they operate with on the webpage. They seem to be in a very unique situation when you look at the amazing results they put out, but long waiting lists should be a concern for any company.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed, and hope for a tracking number soon.  ::)

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »
I think the main problem for Sinthetics is that there are too few skilled workers, and most of those are already employed at Abyss.

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
To be fair, flipping through their "delivered dolls" galleries individually, I believe I count a total of 212 delivered dolls. That's a lot, for that level of quality.
But yeah, the wait is bad.

vhd95

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »
the new facility may allow them to ramp up production a bit

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
Hello everybody !

I got news from Bronwen Wednesday evening. I find that it can be interesting and could help to understand the situation about their business. I share with you some part of the message.

''I apologize for responding so slowly. There was a serious plumbing problem last week which prevented me from being in the office. Fortunately the property owners are having it all repaired properly and I am able to work again.''

''We did have some difficult ones through time, and we also have had periods where we have been very late on orders. One of those periods has been between August 2014 and April 2015. Often issues were due to personal illness, once last year because our materials vendor changed their formula without telling us, quite a bit last year because of employee issues. We fired all our employees last year in August and hired a new team. We still have the people we hired last year, and they are wonderful. We will be hiring more in June. The materials thing was a nightmare – we poured two dolls that were so hard we couldn’t even move the arms or legs. So we had to destroy those, and it took us 3 months to find and test a new suitable material to resume production. Unfortunately we have had some growing pains getting the business stable. Our latest was the move, but we are now in the new place and we’re focusing on getting all orders done in a timely manner. This doesn’t include special orders, like custom heads or bodies, because those are on an entirely different timeline. We have kept people informed as these things happened, and we always hope that people understand it was never our intention to be late. We work very hard to maintain process and quality, and we make high end product with a very tiny team. At the moment Matt does all sculpting, development, mold making, and doll finishing. I do everything in the office, plus make up, freight, and styling. We have 2 full-time people in the shop to help Matt, and 2 part time people, plus our hair artist. So we are very tiny, but therefore also very personal and able to do very special things. ''

About my order and others who are in the waiting of production :

''By the time we get to your final payment request, our expectation is that delivery will happen about 4 – 6 weeks from the date payment is received. On your order, we’re probably running about a month to two months behind in asking for final payment. I want to get a lot of dolls shipped before we take payment for final production on others. I currently have 16 dolls in finishing which need to go home, plus I want Matt to pour a few more as well. I will wait until the last possible moment to call your final balance so that we can deliver within the 4 – 6 week timeframe of getting the payment.''

So everybody can have their opinion, and each of them can make sense. For myself, I can say that I have made my order in last January, I always waiting, but it's not since a long time. For the moment, the delay they give me are respected. I have to say that I always had a good communication with Bronwen and she is very attentive to each of my request or question. For this, I can attribute a real confidence to them. They deliver doll, and I have no fear for my money, even if it's a big amount. I could say that I have take many options and specific request on my order and I'm sure my Sin will be a piece of art. Yes, they made more time to make doll and this can be frustrating. But they do art, answering at each of our specific request.

To be fair, flipping through their "delivered dolls" galleries individually, I believe I count a total of 212 delivered dolls. That's a lot, for that level of quality.
But yeah, the wait is bad.
   I'm completely agree with you.

Hope this message can help to have answer to some questionning. I share with all that we have to be patient.

Have a nice day everyone !

Mike