Author Topic: LD #0001  (Read 9026 times)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Re: LD #0001
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2016, 04:17:20 AM »
So sorry to hear this , Noni  has been so much inspiration and fun for you over the many years I have followed your adventures.

In a way Im glad she will not be dismembered or buried with you, this must of been a very very hard decision for you to make.
We all know how attached you where/are to Noni from all the posts and photos of her.

Even though you are now doll less (I think?) I do hope you will still be able to make it to the forum as time and health permit.

After all Katerina (thank you again for her ) and I will greatly miss your input here, you lazy old sod who could never be bothered to go to the albums........... ;D...... :'(

And in my best Australian , "cheers mate"
for album click the pic

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »
I guess all good things do come to an end.  :(

Sorry that the time has come to let Noni go. I just hope that the person that she goes to will find as much joy in her as you did.

Don't stop visiting here. You don't need a doll to be welcome.  ;)

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
Perhaps one of those strange coincidences of Life - that Noni should begin her return to the USA over Thanksgiving.
For I am thankful to have known her and, I hope, her new owner will also enjoy her presence.
I loved her dearly.

noquiexis, Thank you for kind and wise words. We do not have a 'Thanksgiving Day' relating to harvest but we do have 'Australia Day' on 26th January relating to the first fleets arrival at Port Jackson in 1788. We are a strange lot, celebrating the arrival of a bunch of convicts to their 'Island Prison'.

Doc Brown, Thanks, I did the best I could. There are always the past posts & photos to look back on but I hope that we have not seen the last of Noni.

crazycajun, Thank you.

incred, You have been an inspiration to the doll world and me, thank you.

Ray, Thanks. Looking at Noni every day, she was just so beautiful (in my eyes) I couldn't bring myself to just let her be dismembered or buried. By doing what I have done I hope she will live on a little longer in the world of dolls.
Yes, you are right I seldom visited the albums - all a question of time, it took hours to read all the posts, longer to post comments and blogs leaving little time to explore further.

Mahtek, If all goes to plan, as I hope, you just might meet Noni  ;) but it is all beyond my control from now on.
I will pop in from time to time, see what Stephanie Doll and the others are up to  :)
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »
Wow. Muzza, you have contributed a great deal to the dawn of the age of realistic life-size dolls, as has Noni and the other dolls who stayed with you.

muzza

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »
Everhard.
Without leaders such as yourself leading the way I would not have done half the things, and certainly not the TV interview with Noni. And I am ever grateful for 'Guys & Dolls' which introduced me to dolls in the first place. Thank you.
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

L3ft Nut

• Sr. Resident
    • Vanelope Taylor
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »
I just want to say thank you to Muzza for giving me the honor of adopting Noni. She is such a beautiful doll, and i hope to continue posting pics of her in the distant future.

Noni has safely made her Trek from the Land Down Under. My wife took a few pics while I am away at work so i would like to post a couple here.

I will start a new thread eventually.

Here she is back Stateside!

Once Again Muzza you are an amazing guy and i am proud to call you friend!!

L3fty
Dollin' for Lyfe!

Once you go Doll, you want to collect them all!!

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2016, 12:09:02 AM »
I have always liked this face. It looks like Celeste's older sister, and in a sense, it is.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2016, 12:41:41 AM »
*sigh* I've known Muz since I was a kid in the Doll World.

Keep in touch, my friend.

Congrats L3fty, Noni couldn't have a better home.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2016, 01:45:39 AM »
As I have never yet had to part with one of my dolls, I can only imagine how hard it must be, but there has to be some comfort in knowing that she will continue to be appreciated and cared for. Noni could not be in a better home. I must say, Muzza has made a good choice as to a new caretaker for Noni. I am glad we will continue to see her.
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

muzza

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »
Hey Lefty,
You are welcome.
I am so pleased she got 'home' safely and am sure she will have a great time on the Ranch with Vanilla and the gang.

Crazycajun, Yes, it was very hard indeed. It was nice having Noni around but, with no further 'active' participation with her (photography as well as play) & lacking the confidence that my children as executors would know how to manage her adoption, I decided to do it myself and this way, the most important thing for me being that she lives on in the dolly world and can even participate in some doll meets, gives me a good feeling.
(Especially having been a little disappointed that Natasha and Chaiama appear to have disappeared from the doll forum scene).

Camp, Don't worry, still lurking and if I have something to say that I have not said before I'll chip in.

ChikkenNoodul, Yes, it is a lovely face. Such a shame it could not be reproduced although Matt did come up with Alicia. Beauty of course always being in the eye of the beholder. Mechwizard, when he visited for holidays, jokingly called Noni a cheeseburger (meaning small and petite, of little substance) because he favoured the large and substantial such as his Zara.
Personally I think the saddest thing is that her body mould was taken away (I don't know if it is destroyed or gathering dust somewhere) because her body - IMO - has never been bettered and I have had an RD, AD, Sin & TPE.
I can only imagine how wonderful it would be with the now softer platinum silicones being used.

The Original Yvette Face.

And Yvonne (Noni) - (Apologies to L3ftNut for posting a pic of 'his girl' - I look forward to his new thread).

Cheer
muzza

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
I thought that was what you were hinting at that I may soon meet Noni, Muzza!

Lefty and I have chatted about LD repair, so it may be that Noni is the LD he spoke of.

I'm hoping to get over to his place sometime next fall, so perhaps I will see her then.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »
Muzza, I'm so happy you were able to find a home for Noni with some you know and know will take good care of her!
It's good you'll still be able to check up on her.

She still has that look of anticipation as she starts her new adventure!  8)