Author Topic: The adventures of Yuuko (Silicone-Art M Body)  (Read 6926 times)

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: The adventures of Yuuko (Silicone-Art M Body)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »
The first set at the top of the other page is the closest to true color. Her skin looks very white,
but here a little yellow would make the picture a bit warmer.

Your redo of this picture is much better;

The others are better, but still a bit too much yellow.

I use a Sony Extrabright monitor that I color adjusted. It does make the colors true, but I find it shows the pictures brighter than normal.  If I print a picture it looks dark. I don't know if it looks dark on other screens.

I use an old Photoshop program for editing pictures. When I tried to color correct Yuuko's picture automatically it didn't look right so I did it manually.

My camera is a Nikon D200. You can adjust the white balance several ways. On most cameras if you know your light source, like florescent light, there should be a picture of a florescent bulb on the camera. It should help get close to the color you want. A better way is the temp scale, in Kelvin. Daylight is around 5200 K. If the picture looks yellow you can adjust the scale down  to compensate. I would start around 2800K with the light that you have there. There is another way with a light gray card, but I tried it, and found better results using the temp scale.

Another idea is to use full spectrum light bulbs, or 5000K florescent bulbs. That will get you close to daylight, and the colors true.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
The first pics were done with the morning sunlight shining through the window (from what I remember), from my eyes they look too white as well, Yuuko's skin colour is what SA call NA (no idea what that means) but she does have a yellow tinge to her skin, in those first pics her skin looks far too white and not natural to Yuuko's true skin colour.

The redo with her arms crossed I reckon is about spot on with her skin colour.  Certainly very interesting how different light affects image colour.

I don't have much camera gear tbh, just an old Sony a100 with the wide angle lens that came with it and a cheapo flimsy/wonky tripod, I never use flash when taking pics and normally due to my lack of knowledge with camera settings I just use auto most of the time, although I do dabble with manual settings now and again and get mixed results, sometimes great other times not so..

The 'Image converter' I referred to is a Sony picture utility program called Image data converter SR, it came with the camera, its just a RAW editing software program that allows you to change exposure, contrast and bunch of other stuff.  Its not very complex but does make a difference.. or at least it would in the right hands. :laugh:

Always nice when Yuuko's rosy cheeks show up in the photo's though, I do love her rosy cheeks a lot. :)  (no didn't mean her bum cheeks). :whistle:

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »
Its time for more Yuuko spam, these are the latest pics.  She asked Izzy if she could borrow her small pink stretchy dress, Izzy said "of course you can my love". :-*

Yuuko's teases me again! :whistle:

I know that look, she's definitely after something. . . ^-^

We changed a bunch of these to B&W images coz we just like B&W pics.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 03:45:00 AM »
Good to see you and Yuuko back again with a great set of entertaing photos.
for album click the pic

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 05:01:05 AM »
Cheers Incred, yep I think the colours are better, still getting the hang of altering RAW images.  Straight from the camera they are still too yellow/warm under artificial lights.
I didn't notice those stocking were buggered until she had them on so we thought sod it we'll just leave them, I blame Aimi she was the last to use them. . . she's in for a right good spankin next time I see her.  :whistle:

Cheers Ray, we haven't had much time for pic taking but always enjoy it when we do find time. ;) 
For a while I've been unhappy with Yuuko & Aimi's head ball joint, both the girls heads have popped off the body and taken a tumble on several occasions. .  they've even bounced down the stairs. :o  It turns out just two strips of paper masking tape on the ball joint to help grip both parts makes a hell of a difference.  No more extreme sports for the girls!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
Hmmm ,bouncing heads, poor girl.
Now I seem to remember someone else having heads that go POP , disappearing down the stairs... :laugh:

Glad you managed to cure it though, all doll owners need to be inventive.

Hope you can find the time for a few more photos ,she a sweet little thing .
for album click the pic

mandos

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 05:04:44 PM »
Gorgeous, Flash. It's a shame we do not see more photos of these girls around the doll community.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »
Hmmm ,bouncing heads, poor girl.
Now I seem to remember someone else having heads that go POP , disappearing down the stairs... :laugh:

I'm sure that's happened to quite a few poor dollies, also its happened to both AD heads when carrying them downstairs. .  I never secure the retaining screw properly because the AD heads can't turn otherwise.
Its Japan Vs Russia in World extreme head bouncing championships!  So far Japan are winning 3 - 2. :laugh: 

Gorgeous, Flash. It's a shame we do not see more photos of these girls around the doll community.
Cheers Mandos, ;)
Indeed, unfortunately pics of Silicone-Art dolls are fairly rare in the West.  I know of only one other SA doll on the other forum, an SS body with an Orient head called Yuzuki.

mi6c

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 03:30:31 AM »
Cheers Mandos, ;)
Indeed, unfortunately pics of Silicone-Art dolls are fairly rare in the West.  I know of only one other SA doll on the other forum, an SS body with an Orient head called Yuzuki.

Huhu, Yuuko :-* ( imagine Yuzuki waving).
We're gonna try and up the presence by a few pics/year. :whistle:
All the best.
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
Huhu, Yuuko :-* ( imagine Yuzuki waving).
We're gonna try and up the presence by a few pics/year. :whistle:
All the best.
Yuuko waves back :wavie: and looks forward to seeing more of your pics in time. :)

For those who don't follow UKLDF I posted over there in Yuuko's thread that her right arm broke, it took almost 1 month before I could get around to repairing it.  Just one of those things us doll owners have to deal with, never the less she's back to full health again (unlike my photography skills). :whistle:

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »
Glad to hear the repair went well, she looks beautiful :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 04:39:37 PM »
Thanks Ceej, here's a picture of what happened to Yuuko's arm at the elbow:

I couldn't take out the length of threaded bar running down her forearm into her hand because it would have been too much cutting, so I made a connector out of 3 X M8 nuts TIG welded together to join the (now) 2 pieces of threaded bar, had to trim part of the forearm bar with an angle grinder and replace the piece at the elbow with a slightly longer bit of M8 threaded bar in order to get exactly the same forearm length as original.

(a blurry photo of the repair job)

That elbow was very tight and seemed to get tighter over time, eventually the inevitable 'oh shit' moment happened, still these things happen to a lot of us it seems, just got to deal with it as best we can.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »

eventually the inevitable 'oh shit' moment happened, still these things happen to a lot of us it seems, just got to deal with it as best we can.

;D

Know what you mean,still, she now looks very cute holding her little fir cone ...... aaah
for album click the pic

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 05:59:47 AM »
Thanks Ray,  :) I know you've had more than your fair share of 'oh shit' moments to deal with as well. .  :-X

My little angel can't stand up anymore because her hip joints have finally loosened over the 2 & a bit years I've had her, still I don't mind that and knew there would be a time where she would want to relax herself, she's worked so hard over the years she deserves it. ;D