Author Topic: The Nymphs  (Read 5905 times)

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
The Nymphs
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
This story is not about dolls, nor is it in any way erotic. However I have been assured it doesn't have to be. I will post the first chapter and see how it is received and go from there. It takes place on an 'Alternate Earth' which is more or less identical to this one, including the presence of humanoids. However, on this world there are two such species. While both are more or less the same, there are a couple of differences...

The Nymphs
by Doctor Szalinski

Billions of miles away, on a world not that much unlike our own…

Chapter 1.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
RUN!!

Zandra and Eros, her Life Mate had been out in the Vast Prairie gathering seed to grind into bread flour and had wandered apart when Eros' warning came. Zandra snapped instantly to attention; Eros was in trouble, big trouble! The giant bird of prey had perfectly positioned its bulk between the sun and him, effectively hiding itself from its intended prey as it soared down. He never saw it until it was too late. Now he was caught in its talons, desperately fighting it off, desperately trying to avoid the quick, repeated stabs of its huge beak as its talons raked grotesque, bloody gashes across his body and gaping holes were pecked out of his flesh.

Hold on I'm coming! Oh please, hold on! Zandra pleaded. No! It's too big! Run, save yourself, he would hold it off as long as he could. Zandra balked, torn between the need to save her Mate or do what they both realized she had to. The beast was too large, two men couldn't bring it down, let alone just her, so she must do as he said, as much as it pained her, she had to leave him and save herself. Go NOW! Sending him her fondest love and blessing she fled, as much as she hated it she did as he commanded.

She ran as fast as she was able while still maintaining some degree of stealth as she fled, hoping that the beast might not realize she was there, in case Eros failed to hold it off. Fortunately the grasses were soft, however they were also tall, and she was having trouble keeping them from blinding her as they slapped across her face while she fled. Halfway there, oh please Gaia let him hold! She almost stumbled when she heard Eros' scream. Felt the intense pain as his head, held firmly in the monster's beak, was wrenched violently to the side, as if it were her own neck that been fatally snapped.

Er-os!! Her heart and mind screamed as he was violently ripped from her, leaving her alone, so completely, terribly, utterly alone! But she could not grieve now, she dare not. She had to keep running, to reach the safety of the sanctuary she had noted on her way out. She had to make it, or her love's valiant sacrifice would be all for naught. Zandra knew the opening was large enough for her to get into, but too small for their attacker, should it decide that Eros alone was not enough. And it just might, it was nesting season which meant it likely needed to fill more hungry bellies than just it’s own. So there was always the chance it might try and take advantage of the bonus prey before it (she!) got away. Make that definitely, as Zandra heard the rustling the great wings and caught the approaching shadow out of the corner of her eye. Forget stealth now, it knew she was here. Running all out, her long, well toned legs screaming in pain as she squeezed every bit of strength out of them. Almost there, just a little further and she would be safe.

The shadow was almost upon her when she reached the opening. Casting her faith to Gaia she leaped the final few feet face first. As she dove she felt the beast's talons as it tried to clamp them around her ankles. But thanks to her skills, training, the blessing of Gaia and perhaps just a little bit of pure dumb luck she made it and flew in, so precise was her aim that she didn't even brush the sides. As soon as they had cleared the opening she yanked her legs forward, pulling them free from the creature's tightening claws. She yelped as they tore gashes down her ankles, but somehow still managed to hit the soft ground correctly, avoiding more injury. Twisting and rolling expertly, she rose up already in a defensive battle stance, facing the opening with her short spear in her hand held at the ready.

And she didn't have to wait long, squawking angrily at its failure to capture her, the monster's head lunged through the opening. As she had hoped though its shoulders were far too wide to allow it entrance, and she had placed herself far enough in that its neck was not long enough for it to reach her, not that it didn't try. Screeching in feral rage and frustration, its sharp beak was as large as her entire head and covered in her former Mate's blood as it snapped furiously in its futile attempts to get at her.

With all the strength and rage borne of the horrendous and brutal death this monster had dealt upon her lifelong love, Zandra flung her short spear it the lunging head. She knew it couldn't possibly penetrate the hard bony skull, but perhaps the sharp point might at least give the fiend something to think about. But again skill, luck or divine aid guided the spear to meet with one of the only soft spots on the giant bird's head. As it screamed in pain from its wound it suddenly forgot Zandra and twisted its head back out of the hole. As it did so the avian's struggles managed to free the spear from the now empty and useless left eye socket and it fell to the ground with a muffled clatter. Zandra smiled bitterly as she listened to its diminishing screeches while it flew off in a loud rustling of its great wings. That one's for Eros! She cheered vengefully.

Then the strain of her desperate flight, the battle and the brutality of her Mate's end overcame her as she dropped to her knees retching; bile and the contents of her guts spraying out to mix with her tears and the blood from her many lacerations. Again and again her stomach violently convulsed, until the spasms finally stopped and she slowly fell to her side and wailed until eventually she fell asleep from exhaustion.

There was still light streaming in the hole when Zandra awoke. She didn't hear anything from outside, so getting up slowly she brushed the dirt from her face and walked to the opening. Reaching down she retrieved her short spear. It was still whole, so she carefully stuck it out, wiggling it to see if her attacker had really left. Nothing grabbed or pounced upon or it, so she cautiously peered outside. The area seemed clear, so she tossed the spear on the ground outside and squirmed out of the hole she had so expertly leapt through not so long ago. Standing upright, she scanned the horizon and the skies, but still saw nothing threatening. A tear fell down her cheek as she looked back to where Eros had fallen, giving himself so that she may go on. Thank you.

Gratefully she noted that the sun at least was still high enough in the sky; she could make it back before darkness easily enough with light to spare. Good, as much as Zandra dreaded having to spend the night here, alone with nothing but her nightmares to console her, even in her bereaved state she wouldn't attempt a suicidal crossing at night. Giving a heavy, shuddering sigh she started walking home, gently weeping as she left her former life behind her in the rotting interior of the tree stump.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: The Nymphs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
Szalinski,

A good beginning! Keep at it. I think you are on to something!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »
Szalinski,

A good beginning! Keep at it. I think you are on to something!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Apparently not, as you are the only one to say anything (despite almost 50 views) in nearly a week.

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
I've read it twice now and I like it!  I would like to know more about this world and the heroine you have introduced. 

I am in awe of the talented writers who belong to this forum.   :bow:

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
Well, I guess two is (are?) better than nothing.  ::)

The Nymphs
by Doctor Szalinski

Chapter 2.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Terrel stepped slowly, cautiously, trying at once to keep his eyes on his prey and his feet; one misstep, one snapped twig or crush of a leaf could cause it to bolt. Neither he nor Mark was as of yet close enough to make a good kill shot. As discretely as he could, as movement could be a revealing as sound, he motioned with his hand. Mark nodded ever so slightly and moved a little to his left. Terrel moved as well, looking for a clear spot to loose his arrow, but he couldn’t quite get one. Suddenly the buck raised its head and both men froze, hoping that both were still sufficiently concealed.

The buck stared ahead, its ears probing. It has sensed something, but couldn’t determine from where. Terrel strained to hold even his breath so not to give himself away. Fortunately the antelope didn’t look to either side, and neither he nor Mark had been spotted. Not hearing anything the buck lowered its head and resumed munching on the grass. But both men could see the animal was much more alert. There was no way they could assume a more tactical position, that was obviously out, any motion would surely be noticed in the beast’s side vision. But the village had been living on scraps and hard tack for days now, they needed a good, solid meal, and this full grown antelope buck was the best game they had seen. Assessing the situation, Terrel decided that Mark had the better shot, if only because he was closer. It was a risky plan and required timing, but if they pulled it off everyone would eat well tonight. As subtly as he could he motioned to Mark his intentions, hoping he would understand what was required. Again he saw the slightest of nods; here goes nothing…

Terrel shuffled his foot ever so slightly; the faint rustling was barely discernible to his ears. But the buck again snapped to attention. Another faint rustle and it whipped its head toward him, looking intently for the possible threat that this time it was sure it had heard. Terrel didn’t move, he wanted the buck to spend as much time as possible with his head facing away from Mark.

The thrumming of the bow set the antelope running. Its mighty rear legs thrust it forward, its leap carrying it almost a full twenty feet. As it landed its front legs buckled and it rolled, finally coming to a stop in a cloud of dust, its body jerking slightly. Both men yelped and ran out to finish off their prey, in case the wound had not been mortal. They couldn’t risk it regaining its feet and bolting; they would never be able to catch it again. A quick slash of Mark's knife across the animal’s throat guaranteed food on the table for the night and perhaps for a few more as well. It was certainly a prize beast, more than capable of feeding everyone!

Placing his foot on its side Mark grasped the arrow shaft and yanked it out. “Much better than spears!” he remarked approvingly. Wiping the blood off the arrowhead on the side of the beast he slid it into its quiver and while he watched over the downed antelope so some predator didn’t up and off with it, Terrel went back to where they had stowed their packs.

Terrel walked easily, stealth after all was hardly necessary now. Yes, he thought, the new bows and arrows were a lot better than spears! Rearing back to throw a spear could in itself startle prey into running, whereas a bow could be drawn slowly, quietly. And a spear had nowhere near the range and accuracy of a feathered arrow! A quiver of arrows was also a lot easier to carry than a long spear, especially through the denser woods, and it gave one the ability to make multiple shots without having to retrieve a spear. Still, even with such an advanced hunting tool they still had to get uncomfortably close to their intended prey.

Terrel’s thoughts were interrupted by his arrival at their cache. As he approached he thought he saw something dart out from under Marks pack. “Gitoutathere!” he yelled at the vermin. It was probably looking for something to eat, perhaps smelling the blood of old game on their sling. Grabbing the packs he searched the nearby grasses for any sign of it. Even a rodent could be food, albeit not much. But anything, however small it may be is better than nothing. It sure was a weird looking critter though, not like any other rodent he had ever seen, it almost looked to be hairless! Pity he didn’t get a better look at it. Shrugging his heavily muscled shoulders he slung the packs over his back and carried them back to where Mark was guarding their kill.

Back at their small village they were met with much celebration, as everyone helped skin and dress the animal. Some of the meat was thrown into a brine bath to be dried out in the sun later. It left the meat tough and salty, but it lasted much longer. And although it did tend to make one thirstier, it was better than throwing it away or risk getting sick form it, as Terrel's wife had not so many years ago. The other "hunting party" had been lucky as well, bagging a coyote and even managing to capture the rabbit it had been chasing.

“Yeah, and if the coyote hadn’t been so concerned about getting its own prey out of that hole Daniel never would have gotten it either!” Levi jibed. Levi was Terrell’s son, Daniel was Mark’s. Daniel, being much older had been tasked with teaching the younger Levi the finer points of hunting, especially the oh so necessary lessons such as stalking, signaling so you’re understood but still not seen by prey, and teamwork. As Levi was just barely into the changes leading to manhood, as well as still being at the start of his training, he was not yet allowed to hunt with a bow but instead was limited to the much more difficult spear. Which made sense considering that stealth was exactly what was needed in order to be successful with the more primitive weapon.

“Yeah,” Daniel countered, refusing to completely rise to the bait, “and if I hadn’t gotten it after you missed, we wouldn’t have either one!” Levi twisted his face up at the successful counter-jibe, then they both broke out laughing, which of course infected the entire group.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Not a bad job.” Terrel said, commending the boy’s work. “But you still need to make the bowstring tighter. Remember, the tighter the string, the faster the arrow.” Although not yet allowed to hunt with a bow, making and caring for one was one of the skills Levi did have to learn. “And the faster the arrow, the farther away you can be and still make a killing shot.” He added, handing the not quite right instrument back to his son.

“But I can’t bend it any further!” Levi explained in a whine which would possibly have gotten someone else’s son slapped, Forgiving father as he was though all the boy got from Terrel was a sharp reprimand, which in Levi’s case was usually sufficient. “I’m sorry, father.” He apologized, hanging his head.

Ah, how he loved his son, Terrel thought. He tried so hard to do the right things, but he was still a boy, at least mentally. So he did mess up, every now and then. Too bad his mother wasn’t still here, she would have been so proud. “Let me see that again.” He intoned, reaching out his hand, into which the boy placed the bow back. Briefly he admired the yew wood the lad had selected and carefully carved sanded and waxed. It was only the second piece of wood he had found and was an excellent choice, having a tight, straight grain with no knots or other flaws. Its owner could be sure it could be bent hard and often without splitting. The well tanned leather had been neatly cut and tightly laced, ensuring a firm and stable grip. “Now watch.” He said. Standing, he leaned forward.

Bringing his weight down on the bow he bent it and unhooked the loop from its groove. Sliding his finger into the loop he fed the string across that same groove and pulled on it as he leaned further, pulling the string down as he bent the bow still more until Levi was certain it would surely snap in two under the strain! Of course it didn’t, Terrel knew very well just how far to bend it, just as he was sure that his son wouldn’t be able to bend it nearly to its breaking point. Not at his size anyway. “Now,” Terrel told his son “Mark where the string meets the bow."

Quickly, sure as he was that his father couldn’t possibly hold the bow like that for very long, Levi grabbed the marking stone on the table and used it to make a black mark at the spot indicated. His father stood up slowly, releasing the tension on the bow as he did so.

”Now, Terrel instructed him, “Tie your loop here and your bow should be right.” Returning the stone to the table Levi took the bow and string and did as he was told, but he was sure in his mind he could never get the bow to bend far enough to hook it on! “OK Now, lean on the bow as I did to bend it, slip the loop in place and you should be finished.”

Taking the bow and string, Levi slipped his finger into the loop and, standing on a short stool so he could bear more of his weight upon it, he leaned forward onto the bow. It took a couple of attempts, but to his great surprise he was able to bend it enough to hook the loop into its slot! Barely. Smiling at what he had done he grabbed a knife and cut off the extra sinew. His bow was finished! “Can I try it?” he asked enthusiastically.

“With what?” his father asked, grinning.

“Oh, yeah, right.” Levi grimaced. “I still have to make some arrows, don’t I?”

Terrel smiled. “Nah,” He said ruffling the twelve year old boy’s hair. “We can use mine to test it; you can make your own later.”

”Yipee!” Levi yelped

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »
Hmmmm.  The other side of the coin.  Now I'm REALLY curious to see where this goes. 

I like your writing style and description of the world.  I am getting a nice picture of the story's setting.   :thumb:

Can't wait to see more!

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks. I hope you'll be please with where it does go. ^-^

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
Re: The Nymphs - Chapter 3
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 01:57:02 AM »
The Nymphs
by Doctor Szalinski

Chapter 3

Eros’ funeral was short, mostly because there were no remains. By the time they returned to the site of the attack everything had been carried away. If not by his attacker, which was unlikely considering it only had one good eye, then by some other carnivore or scavenger. His clothes, the bones, even his spear were gone; the only part of him they were able to find was his stone knife.

It wasn’t a sad occasion; the people just didn’t see death in that way. Gaia created all, and back to her all must eventually go. The end of one life was the beginning or continuation of another, everything fed something else. It was the cycle that kept the world working, and they accepted this. And he had not died in vain; it had been a most honorable death, noble by anyone’s standards. He had given his life so another could live; he gave it for love; the most wondrous and sincere expression of love that could exist. For Zandra, however it did not feel like all honor and gratitude. Holding his blade to her heart she wept through it all, and no one stopped her. They knew how horrifying it was to experience the death of a loved one, to literally lose a piece of oneself

It took Zandra months to recover. The constant contact of her friends and family was a great help in bringing her through it. They never let her go, never left her alone. In sharing her pain they reduced it; their love never left her until they were certain she could hold on her own. It was a long process, and an excruciating one. But it was something her people were familiar with, they knew how to handle this type of disaster. Zandra would never quite be the same, obviously, this wasn’t something one forgot. But she would at least be able to get on with her life. And maybe, someday, find another that could fill the emptiness.

“There aren’t many of us left.” She argued. “All other tribes are reporting fewer and fewer members every year. The simple fact is we’re dying or being killed off faster than we can bear more.” Zandra had been proposing her radical idea for a while now, and Alexis, the elected chief of their tribe was starting to get just a little tired of hearing it. She couldn’t deny the facts she was presenting, she wasn't the type to bury her head in the sand just to maintain the status quo, she just didn’t feel comfortable with Zandra's particular solution. ”Look, I know you don’t like the idea.” Zandra continued. “We’ve been diligent for as long as can be remembered to keep ourselves hidden, and it was probably a good idea. Back then. But now it’s killing us! I figure at the rate things are going in ten generations or so we won’t have to worry about keeping our presence secret, because there will be no secret to keep; there won’t be any of us.”

Yes,” Alexis replied. “I am aware of this.” Here it comes..., Zandra thought. “But it is simply too dangerous.”

”More dangerous than extinction?” Zandra asked, refusing to be intimidated this time. “Look, the Others can help us, they don’t have to worry about most of the things out there that see us as nothing more than an easy meal.”

“And you’re absolutely sure they won’t see us as their next meal?” Alexis asked, almost sarcastically. “Are you willing to put everyone at risk on your assumption? As far as we know they even cannot be contacted, No one has ever heard one; the only way we have ever seen them communicate is with spoken words that we’ve never deciphered, assuming they are even words after all. For all we know they aren’t even really intelligent, they may be little more than savages.”

Zandra gave a sigh, We're speaking with words right now, aren't we? but Alexis wasn’t finished. Raising her hand for silence, she continued. “Look, maybe we can begin a more close study of the Others, perhaps even learn to understand their language. Then if it proves feasible we may be able to make some sort of contact with them.” Was she serious this time? Or just hoping to pacify her? “I mean it. To be completely honest, no one else has been able to come up with any way, better or not, to prevent our numbers from dwindling dangerously low. So however we old fogeys may not like it, yours is the best idea going. However,” she continued “should we find it may be feasible to contact them without worrying about them just grabbing us and gulping us down, have you thought about the possibility that they may not want to offer us any type of allegiance? I mean, just what do we have to offer them? Judging from their increasing numbers they aren’t exactly in any danger themselves.”

For that comment she had no answer, so hard Zandra has been trying to convince them to accept her idea that she had never even thought about whether or not the Others would even be interested! “That’s what I thought.” Alexis said. “However, we will study them as I just promised we would. Maybe we will find something we can use along the way.”

Zandra nodded her acquiescence and bowed in respect to her leader. As she left she could have sworn she "heard" Alexis muttering. She never was able to completely mask her thoughts.

Gaia help us, we're all going to end up as dinner.

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 02:32:50 AM »
Nice!  It will be good to learn more about these groups' differences and similarities.  Perhaps we will learn more about why one population is growing and the other is not as well as how these groups will interact with one another.

Thanks for sharing again.  Chapter 4 next week? (not to be too impatient!)   :)

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
Re: The Nymphs - Chapter 4
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 08:09:20 PM »
Here ya go Poly  ;)

The Nymphs
by Doctor Szalinski

Chapter 4

Levi walked slowly, scanning the ground. His father had given him four shafts, and after many frustrating attempts he had finally managed to hammer some of the red-metal rocks he had found into useable arrowheads. Now all he needed was feathers for the fletching. Granted now wasn't exactly the best time to be searching for feathers, the days were getting shorter and colder and birds were growing them for warmth, not shedding them for nests. Still, there was always the chance he might find something for his new arrows.

It was still warm, this summer had been unseasonably hot, and autumn wasn't bleeding that heat off with any real enthusiasm. So although he wasn't wearing much, just enough to ward of the brambles in the woods he was still warm and therefore getting thirsty. Seeing that his bota was getting low, he decided to detour towards the cliff. Perhaps the spring was still flowing enough for him to refill it and get a drink from its cool clear flow as well. Water attracted animals too, so maybe he may get lucky there.

The spring was still flowing, barely; he could see the side of the cliff wall shimmering which meant that water was still flowing down its face. As he approached it serendipity finally shone upon him. There, on the ground was a dead hawk. Here he had been searching all day for a few feathers and when he had paused to get a drink right at his feet was he is given a whole bird full! How lucky could he get? Reaching down he picked it up and as he turned it over he saw it was wounded; it was missing an eye. It must have been killed recently as it wasn't bloated, there weren't even any bugs around the wound. Then he saw that the wound was well healed, so it must have happened a while ago. Perhaps that is what killed it? The neck was floppier than it should be, maybe without being able to judge distance as well without that eye it had hit the cliff too hard, and crushed its neck.

Raising the large bird to his nose he sniffed cautiously. So far as he could tell it hadn't started to stink yet, so maybe the meat was good too. Pulling off his bota he removed his pack and placed his prize inside. Shouldering it again he picked up the bag and carefully made his way to where the water fell off the cliff face onto the ground.

Reaching it he pulled out the stopper and froze dead in his tracks. There, standing on the opposite side of the puddle, which was all that remained of the pool was a girl, or rather a woman. She stared at him as well, just as frozen in place. She was - pretty - well pretty to a boy of his age anyway. Her face was much like the women in his village; wide, with high cheekbones. Her nose was wide as were her eyes, either in surprise or fear. She had full lips and was well muscled. Not the heavy kind of muscles like his father had, but smoother, like the stronger women of the village. Her skin was a deep, rich brown, darker even than his own. All this Levi could easily see as, unlike his people who tended to cover their body so it didn't get scratched while running through the woods, she wore very little. Around her waist she wore a piece of what looked like unreasonably thin looking leather held in place by a hemp rope. Her footwear looked like moccasins, also made of leather. Other than that she wore nothing, unless you counted the narrow strap that crossed diagonally across her chest from her right shoulder to just above her left hip where it looked to be attached to the rope around her waist. Perhaps a sort of quiver for the spear she held in her hand; not threateningly, but more as if readying herself for flight.

Neither said anything for many seconds, then Levi decided it was up to him to say something. "Wow! They are real!" Levi whispered to himself breathlessly, then louder so the knee-high woman could hear him "Are you really a Nymph?" he asked "A real live Nymph"?

“They aren't really real." Daniel giggled. "That's just a tale told to kids to put them to sleep at night!"

"They are too real!" Alex countered. "And I can prove it too! Grammy said she saw one herself! G'ahead, ask her!" However as he was just a kid himself this 'proof' didn't carry much weight with the others.

"I heard that they can just disappear, POOF!" Ali intoned. "Just like smoke!" She clapped her hands together and a small puff of dust rose from them and rapidly dissipated, as if to illustrate her statement.

"They can speak to each other too," Alex added. "without even talking. Without using their mouths, like we do, I mean."

"That," Daniel smirked "is almost as unbelievable as their being able to disappear." Turning to Alex's sister he finished, quoting her claim. "POOF!! like magic."

That was years ago, of course. They had all stopped believing in those legends; dismissing them, as children do when they grow up, as being nothing more than just another myth; a tale to put toddlers to sleep. Now however Levi wished dearly that the others in that argument years ago could be here today, standing with him as he stood there, actually looking upon one of their childhood tales in the flesh!

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »
 :thumb:  Thanks for posting!  I'm looking forward to seeing where you are going. 

Is this a story you have already completed or one still in progress?

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 10:14:26 PM »
:thumb:  Thanks for posting!  I'm looking forward to seeing where you are going. 

Is this a story you have already completed or one still in progress?
Already completed, but never posted here.  :)

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
I'm a binge-watcher/reader so this is a new experience for me - to read and stretch out, then revisit, the story is really interesting.  I asked because I wondered if you already knew the entirety of the story and had the rest ready to go for the weekly installment.   :thumb: 

I admire the writers in the Library and very much enjoy the works posted here.   :)

Gramps

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 07:30:30 PM »
Good stuff, Szalinski.  You are as creative as my daughter in law, which is saying a lot.  She also writes fantasy novels.

Beware of self publishers.  In return for your money, all some of them will do is give you some inept editing, emails praising you and your book, and finally production of your book with no serious promotion.  Do research to find the really good self publishers.  Maybe I'm preaching to the choir; that's a good idea, to "publish" some chapters here.  It's been years since I watched G's first publishing experience; I don't remember the names of the self publishers I looked at.

Edit:  Ourdoll1 has written many novels and knows a hell of a lot more about publishing than I do.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »
I finally had the time to read this. Well done, Szalinski!

And PLEASE don't have Levi accidentally trip and fall on her...