Author Topic: My poor, pale Solana  (Read 3104 times)

kturner50505

• Resident
My poor, pale Solana
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
Hey all.... if any of you have been following the story of my doll order know that I initially ordered Sinthetics doll in Toffee, but cancelled my order over lack of communication.  I wanted to get a Boy Toy BT4 Solana in a similar color.  I even sent pics of a doll that was the color I wanted.  I received her yesterday, and almost cried when I opened the box.  After 10 weeks of waiting, and nearly $6000, she was kinda just like their standard tan, even though I made it clear I wanted much darker.  However, to Abyyss's credit, after some resistance they are going to allow a return and offer a replacement.  The first doll is being picked back up by Seko tomorrow.  It was torture to seal the box back up without molesting her.  She was GORGEOUS in every other way... even better than expected.  I hope like hell its not another 10 weeks to get the new one.  I will go crazy.  I'm not trying to be an ass, but when you pay so much for something as frivolous as a sex doll, you should get what you want.  Thankfully, they care enough to make it right.  Will update you as the story unfolds.
I have had terrible gas lately.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: My poor, pale Solana
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »
kturner50505,

The picture that you posted on the other thread showed another doll behind your doll. That other doll had the same skin tone as yours. Although Pheonix could have poured both of these dolls from the same batch of silicone (and probably did), I thought then that they were bullshitting you about the camera flash bleaching her out. They may have realized their mistake, but they might have been thinking that once you saw her, you would keep her anyway.

I am glad that they did own up to the error, and offered to exchange this 'second' for the doll that you purchased.

:-X :-X :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 12:18:35 AM »
I must commend you on your resolve, I can't think of a single other doll owner to be that has had anywhere near the troubles you have. Good luck with your order, glad Abyss was able to straighten it out.

Third time a charm? :redhead:
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

kturner50505

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 05:40:23 AM »
Yeah guys.  I think they figured that once I opened the box, I wouldn't be able to stop from using the doll... and believe me it was tempting.  It was drop dead gorgeous in every other way.  One of the prettiest dolls I have ever seen.  Had I not already had a doll, it might have been to much to resist.  Plus the wait of 10 weeks, and now I have to schedule to be home for the pick up and next delivery.
Quite frustrating.  But I think when everyone sees that gorgeous deep bronze doll with a Latina face, they will understand what I was going for. 
But on a side note.... the skin and gel implants seem FAR softer than my realdoll made just a year ago.  I was actually stunned, it seemed closer in feel to the tpe doll I had, which I thought felt better than silicone.  Maybe they have changed their mixture again, but WOW!  it was a good change.
It killed me to put the lid back on that box.  But I know the end result will be breath taking.  Get ready for one of the hottest dolls ever made.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 06:00:15 AM »
Well at least Abyss are there and responding and correcting the mistake as a responsible company should.

Well done Abyss and only a 10 week turnaround.

Look forward to seeing some box opening shots when the replacement arrives.
for album click the pic

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
     I know that this may seem a moot point to some, but Abyss makes the RealDoll. Phoenix Studios produces the BoyToy line of dolls. Both companies may be owned and managed by the same people, but the actual production crews may be different personnel.

Matt McMullen may have time to review every order from both shops. On the other hand, he could be busy with new product design. He might be doing some 'hands-on' work himself, or he might just have been on vacation when this doll was produced. Chances are that he trusts the people he hired to get the right product out the door.

kturner50505 might have had (or at least had seen) actual skin samples before he placed his order. After the fiasco with another doll order, I imagine he took every precaution to insure that this doll came out right. This post is not intended to let Phoenix Studios "off the hook" for this blunder.  That they agreed to re-make his doll order is confirmation that they do recognize their error, and are bearing the costs of replacement.

::) :-X ::)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

kturner50505

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 02:48:24 AM »
OMG.  That box is sealed up in the corner torturing me.  So hard not to get a box cutter and break in Solana tonight.  They sure knew what they were doing, leaving her here over a long weekend.   They are no dummies.  They can resell this doll, but they still lose 2 way shipping costs.  They left her here this weekend on purpose, I swear to God they did.  LOL

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 04:48:02 AM »
Well it it would make a great Hollywood block buster KT. I think that Phoenix studio's has more to do then deliberately plan a Torture weekend for you alone.. All I have to say is that If I had the coin this conversation would not be happening.... This babe would be calling  Ole Smoke Daddy right about... Now!!!. Unfortunately... I'm not made out of money.. I only wish!! :P
Humble servant of CJ's Harem .

If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.

Diamond Dave

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 12:27:02 AM »
Hello Everyone! Dave here yeah a newbie. Just like to let you know that I am signing the adoption papers for poor Solana! This is all new territory for me and I am really excited about this. I wish the best of luck to KT. I am sure it will turn out well.

kturner50505

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 07:07:05 AM »
Hey Dave!  I knew that doll would be sold quickly.  She is absolutely breathtaking.  To most people, her skin tone would be perfect.  I just have a flare for Latin and mixed ethnicities.  I swear I did not molest the doll!  She never left the box.  Seko will bring her straight to you hopefully... if Boytoy believes that I didn't use the doll.  You will have her in no time.  What state are you in?  Did they offer any kind of discount?  Just curious if you had to pay for the boobs upgrade.

kturner50505

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
Noq, they did offer to send skin samples prior to pouring the doll, but assured me they could match the picture I sent fairly closely.  Somehow, the production team did not get the emails I had sent Joe.  That's really the only explanation.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »
I would recommend sending in actual paint chips....I've done this with good results.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 09:28:02 AM »
Hello Everyone! Dave here yeah a newbie. Just like to let you know that I am signing the adoption papers for poor Solana! This is all new territory for me and I am really excited about this. I wish the best of luck to KT. I am sure it will turn out well.

Welcome aboard, Dave
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Diamond Dave

• New Resident
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »
Glad to hear your description of Solana. She was already in transit,so I will have to wait.out of respect for Phoenix Studios all I can say is that we are both satisfied. Solana will soon be listening to original blues and dinning on the best B-B-Q around!

kturner50505

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:24 PM »
What do you mean already in transit?  She is in my living room.