Author Topic: Latex Laetitia  (Read 22879 times)

MrGrey

• New Resident
Re: Latex Laetitia
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 05:46:55 PM »
Quote from: WinstonSmith
Edit for Mr. Grey- Pics!

Oh, thank you very much  :D

I only managed to see the box,
when I googled her

MrGrey

8)

My album is ..... here

Gothmog

• New Resident
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:19:20 AM »
Hi,
first post, hope that it's a helpful one.
I've read on several doll sites about the problems with reattaching the head to a Poupee latex doll. Just a suggestion but has anyone tried the silicone sealant that is used to build fish tanks?
It's available from aquatic shops. It will stick glass to glass or plastic. Basically I've never found any surface that it won't stick (including my fingers! It's a real pain to get off) and once dry it's air tight.
Just a suggestion and quite happy to be shot down on that but having built many fish tanks it just seems the obvious glue for this sort of job.
Hope that it helps someone out there.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Gothmog,

Welcome to Our Doll Community! I had to re-attach the head on my Tera Patrick doll. I used the silicone sealant for kitchen and bath, but it is similar to aquarium sealant. Here is the thread: Latex Eating Disease.

I hope this helps!

:) :) :)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Gothmog

• New Resident
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:38 AM »
Hi Noquiexis,

many thanks for the warm welcome.

sounds as though my idea wasn't so silly after all then.

Really sorry to see the latex deterioration of Esperanza. The final results of the rather drastic repair do look fantastic and as Mahtek says, looks like new rather than a repair.

On the lighting front, I appreciate what CJD was saying about florescent lighting and just to add, if you use Grolux tubes (as used in growing plants) that produces a more natural and less harmful light. Also Grolux has a very low CRI (Colour Rendering Index) meaning that the objects that they illuminate are a lot closer to their actual colour rather than traditional illumination methods.

Unfortunately that isn't a lot of help I know as your only tube is in the kitchen but I'm thinking that there are tubes that can be plugged into standard rose sockets so if the light source was the problem then it might be something worth looking into.

All the best and talk soon.

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:21 PM »
 ;D I never knew inflatable dolls could be so nice, until I found ODC. I love the realism of our RD, but she is just too heavy for me. I'm interested in the higher quality inflatables.
What do I need to know about care, and maintenance of these dolls? Who are the trusted manufacturers? And what can I expect to pay?
And some more questions.......
If I want to modify her makeup when she arrives, how can I do that without damaging her? And if I choose to stuff her, how do I go about it? Any advice that you can give me is greatly appreciated.  :-*
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »
Oh those lovely photos bought back some memorys back, the Latex Ladies where my first dolls years back.
I had four of them in the end, great dolls.

Always wondered why they could never really get the details right like feet and hands?

Thanks Perry.
for album click the pic

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »
happiness,

Generally speaking, the makeup on inflatabes is painted into the plastic. Unless you want to use something heavy or darker, it cannot be changed.

The Private Secretary dolls were $35 each when I bought them. The hands are like mittens, and the feet are like stockings. The face front is a hard plastic mannequin face, and there is only a shock of hair on the very front of the head. You will need a wig for this doll. I also had to make ears to give them the earrings.

The Tera Patrick doll ($208) has a full mannequin head with a good head of hair. I had to drill holes for her pierced earrings. Although I glued a suction cup to the back of her head, I eventually put a shelf bracket through the flat hole in the back of her head. The bracket has a pink balloon on the end, and comes out between her teeth.

She has separate fingers, which is what I wanted, but her arms can only be posed with the aid of another bracket. These are the only two products with which I am familiar. Others may have more information. Good luck!

Your dreams come true"

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
 :)Thank you so much Noq! I'm very excited about the inflatables.  :-* :-* :-*
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

Haremlover

• Sr. Resident
  • Former member
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi!

I have finally taken the plunge into the realm of the French ladies:

and have started to import them into the UK

If anyone in the UK wants one I can probably save them around £30-£40 on French prices, making them more affordable. Please email me at antespam@gmail.com if interested.

Best wishes

Harem
Aira and Chloé are DS DollSweet Silicone Déesses and the DS Forum is fascinating.
Kira is a Private Island Beauty (PIB)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Latex ladies from www.domax.fr are wonderful - I pass on discounts to UK forum members
 - please PM if interested

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 12:57:35 PM »
Nice pics, Haremlover!!

Haremlover

• Sr. Resident
  • Former member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »
Nice pics, Haremlover!!

:-) Thanks! These French ladies are :-) ;) wonderful - and so wonderful I haven't let my wife see one yet. . . .

However they don't stand up on their own - they have to be suspended for poses like this and the secret is some fishing line under the chin and around the back of the ears to support them. A window with a curtain pole is good as one can attach the fishing line to string and suspend it over the curtain pole. . .

Really when photographing any inflatables it's kinder to them to suspend them than to rely on the air pressure to make them self supporting. However, I'm going to be experimenting with an inner structure of these latex inflatables to withstand inflataion pressure to make them be self supporting . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Aira and Chloé are DS DollSweet Silicone Déesses and the DS Forum is fascinating.

Latex ladies from www.domax.fr are wonderful - I pass on discounts to UK forum members

WinstonSmith

• Sr. Resident
  • North Jersey, USA
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »
I just tie them to a mic stand, then photoshop any visible bits out.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
Haremlover,

Rather than use the string approach, I glued suction cups to the back of my girls' necks where a neckbolt would attach on a high-end doll.

An inexpensive photographer's light stand serves as the support for them.

I have not tried this brand. My cheapest light stands were from Spiratone, who has gone out of business. My newer stands are from Impact (through B&H Photo Video).

You may also discover a different approach. Good luck!

Your dreams come true"

Haremlover

• Sr. Resident
  • Former member
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Hi!

Thanks Winston for the tip about the mic stand and Noqiexis about the neck bolt but the latex ladies don't have the chinese hard heads - they're quite flexible which means that their cheeks are actually a realistic skin pressure to kiss . . .

Certainly Jana Cova would respond to the mic stand - she's a great looker and hardy in Czech tradition - but the French ladies have more delicate constitutions :-) Well worth trying if you haven't yet.

The neck is a totally flexible joint with the rubber coming up to just under the chin and the inflation nozzle is just where that hook is pictured at the back of the head. It works well and unlike the chinese vinyls, one doesn't have to worry about straining the joint at the back of  the neck.

Best wishes

Harem

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
Haremlover,

I should have mentioned that the suction cups are attached with super glue. My Private Secretary vinyl inflatabes only have the hard face, but this was the best picture for the subject, so I used it instead.
 Your dreams come true"