Author Topic: She's out of the mold!  (Read 1749 times)

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
Re: She's out of the mold!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Reminds me of that old Billy Ocean tune "Get Out of That Mold, Get Into My Car" or something like that. :D

Congrats, 'Tek. 

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:24 PM »
Update.

Yesterday I got a call from the UPS Customs Broker, she needed some info to get her through Customs......and then my F'ing new phone dropped the call.  :o

Of course, I was at work then, so I only had a few chances to call back. Lucky for me, the number that she called from was saved on my phone.  :thumb:

Sadly, when I called that number, all that I could get were robots with no way to contact a real person.  :'(

So when I got home, I got onto the computer and tried to find some way to talk to a human being. Their live chat was offline.  >:( Finally I found a phone number for International shipments. After an eternity of pressing numbers to appease the robot Gods, I was put on hold to speak with the next available customer service representative.  :whistle:

When he finally got to me, I explained the situation. He said that he couldn't contact anyone that night, but he would send an email to the broker to call me again in the morning. I asked if he would also send her my email address, as I may not be able to answer due to being at work, he said that he would.  :thumb:

As luck would have it, she called in during the one meeting that I could get up and walk out of to take the call.  :) The broker told me that they actually had all of the information that they needed, and that Customs had the paperwork and were in the process of deciding if they would let her go, or to send the package to inspection for opening tomorrow morning.  :o  :'(  She said all that I could do now was keep checking the status and see when she would be released.  :'(  :'(  :'(

I just checked, on time for a Thursday pick up!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I need to go for a few miles on the bicycle to burn off some stress now.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Titman

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Resident
    • Maidlee Doll
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »
Mahtek,

UPS also called me to verify the place of origin and what is the content. This is the first time UPS call about this. I have shipped  a number of dolls to US and never been asked.  Well, I've provided all information they needed and I think it should not have any problem.

Titman

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »
Thanks, Titman!  :thumb:

As far as having shipped dolls to the US without having any problems before, I guess someone had to be the first, and that someone was me!  :D

It all went well though, and she is on her way.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.