Author Topic: is it worth it?  (Read 1974 times)

Fekya

• New Resident
is it worth it?
« on: July 31, 2016, 05:37:54 AM »
Hi all,

I'm Canadian and have been thinking of getting a 4woods doll. Problem is that exchange rates is 1.32 CAN to USD. Is it worth every penny when your paying 30% more? Or should I wait ot out 2+ years to get her? Let me know!

Thanks,
F.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 08:19:46 AM »
If it something that you really want than nothing would really replace it.

However there is a good doll that could be a first doll to get experience with. Maidelee is made in Canada and is well made.

Although a bit heavy she would be a good first doll.

Stephanie Doll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Yes, love dolls are a major financial commitment. So I too had to think about making such a major investment.

My conclusion was that it was a lifestyle change. And if I was going to commit to such a lifestyle I would commit to it 100% by buying the most realistic doll available. Otherwise I would always wonder, "May this just isn't working out because my doll isn't realistic enough."

I also concluded that having a real life relationship would have nothing to do with whether or not I owned a doll. If I met miss right the day after my doll arrived so be it. I was out a lot of money but it wouldn't matter. If I keep waiting for miss right I would still be single and wishing that I'd bought a love doll years ago so I wouldn't have been lonely these past years.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
I wouldn't go for a 4woods doll personnally. Their Customer service has proved to be horrendous lately and their dolls are expensive and lack details. It's just my humble opinion.

HifiMan

• Resident
  • TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:08:16 AM »
Like incred said, "If its something that you really want than nothing would really replace it", but there are less expensive alternatives. You might want to look into DS doll. The company was started by former 4woods employees. They design the dolls in japan and manufacture them in china to keep cost down.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »
Fekya,

Welcome to ODC!

Yes, due to the exchange rate, 4woods can seem expensive, but is it what you really want? If you settle for something else that doesn't suit you, you may end up spending more to go back and get the doll that you want.

Dolls are a lifestyle change. Like a real woman, they will take up your time, space and cash buying them clothes, lube, stands and other such things, so there is a lot to consider. You'll want to decide if you will be out and proud about your doll or if she will be your little secret.

4woods are a quality made doll. We've not seen many reports of major skeleton failures and the like. Granted, we don't see too many of them, so our data may be circumstantial. With any non-NAFTA based manufacturer, customer support will be minimal for repairs. 4woods has a US based distributorship, but their post sale support is not something that I have any knowledge of one way or the other.

They also have no neck bolt for storage. That means they have to be stored sitting or laying down on a soft pad to prevent damage. With a neck bolt you can hang a doll in a closet.

4woods are also fairly light dolls. This is important, because too heavy and playtime is difficult, and most damage happens during moving the doll from one place to another.

If a 4woods is what you want, and you can afford it, then by all means it is worth it to get what you want the first time. Just make sure that you investigate all of it's features, and all of the other doll brands features, and make your best informed decision.

We are all here to help.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
If I may change the subject slightly, How much research into dolls have you done? What's involved in their ownership? The benefits? Pitfalls? Different types? What features?

Like buying a new car, it's not just something you jump into.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

Fekya

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 12:11:36 AM »
Thanks guys, this is all very informative. I have done some searching for a while now, and want a silocone doll over tpe. so far the looks of asian doll is much more appealing to me. thing that sets me off from 4woods is no BJ! other than that, they look beautiful. Haven't decided on one just yet but I still sifting through all the pros n cons between different doll makers.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Y'know, you don't have to order from Asia to get an Asian doll....
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

AnonViking

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
https://4woodsusa.com/
They ship to Canada.