Author Topic: DS lite (foam doll)  (Read 5437 times)

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
DS lite (foam doll)
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:49 AM »
This (not quite ready yet doll) has already been posted about on other forums.  Could be a real game changing doll for those folks that want a full size doll that's easy to store and very light weight.  Apparently it will have a specially designed plastic skeleton (don't know what type of plastic but its been said its very strong), the doll will weigh between 5-8kg.. Anyways all that info is in here with some photos: http://cloudclimax.com/p/new-ds-lite-pre-register

Apparently the head will also be polyurethane foam, only available in Kayla at the present.

Ooh...  :whistle:

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
Re: DS lite (foam doll)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43:36 AM »
Apparently it will have a specially designed plastic skeleton (don't know what type of plastic but its been said its very strong) […]

The official product page is http://www.exdoll.com/product-254.html - there are more picture, but no nudes, and some preliminary specs. No reseller has seen this doll yet.

The plastic used for the skeleton is called "POM", which would be polyoxymethylene. It's the same material that seems to have caused so much trouble with the DS Mini. We hope that experiences from the DS Mini skeleton will be integrated into the EX-Lite.

The concept of a PU doll is not new. Candy8teen from the U.S. is using a similar technique to make their lightweight dolls for years. One of the obstacles in these dolls is that they require venting holes to compensate for compressed air when moving the limbs. I am very curious how DS/EX will resolve issues like this when the EX-Lite leaves prototype stage.

Here are some real-world photos how such a PU doll can look like. Amber has DD sized breasts and is 150 cm (4'11") tall, but she doesn't have any skeletal structure.

Sandro

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »
Cheers for the info Sandro. :thumb:

Yes, hopefully they designed the skeleton joints better than the mini's skeleton.  :-X

Some unknowns given that no one yet has one of these dolls.
I'm wondering whether the head is detachable?
Also wondering whether this doll will have posable fingers?  But to me it looks like they've molded the fingers in a neutral position and they don't look like they would have finger wires.. :-\

I guess we will have to wait and see when these come out end of Oct ish.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »
     Cloud Climax is "the official approved DS Doll reseller for the UK." I would be interested in the first customer reviews of the Kayla doll.

From http://cloudclimax.com/p/new-ds-lite-pre-register:
"As usual, we will be selling within the UK, EU (except France & Germany) and Worldwide (excluding USA, China & Japan)."
"The material used is Polyurethane Foam. ... The skeleton is made from ABS and is very strong and durable." The website states that this doll will have "removable limbs". I wonder how those joints will hold up, and how difficult it might be to detach them once they are in place.

The Luxury Silicone Dolls page shows the skeleton and foam cores of the current line of Doll Sweet products. The infrastructure of this new doll may be similar to these pictures, with the exception of the detachable limb joints.

bespoke definition:
U.K. made to order: made to a customer's specifications

:) :) :)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »
When reading through this dolls announcement in another place there was speculation that this would be a 'skinned' foam doll - meaning those thought that there was a separate skin over the PU foam.  The PU foam used must be self skinning so in fact there is no separate skin involved:
Quote from: cloudclimax.com
The material used is Polyurethane Foam. There is no 'Skin layer'. The Polyurethane Foam is the skin.

Ignoring the relatively cheap price - the photos showing the crinkly skin when an elbow is bent don't look so pleasant but at least its shown what to expect.  Another small point is that they would have been better off placing the sockets (holes) for the limb attachments on the torso (the reverse of how its been done), just for those who fancy a quick amputee romp without having to attach the limbs. :o

HifiMan

• Resident
  • TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Possibly a good spinner doll.....hopefully they can get the skeleton down this time.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »
Possibly a good spinner doll.....

What's a spinner doll HifiMan?  Never heard that one before

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
From what I have heard about pricing, this may be the perfect doll for first time buyers.
I have to admit though, those wrinkled bother me to but for the price point, something's got to give.

The marketing pics are pretty sweet too!

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »

Possibly he's referring to a doll you take for a quick spin around the block. LOL

Wondering if this will be offered on the US site at some point......
DOLLS + LINGERIE = ONE HECK OF A GOOD TIME!!!!

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »
From what I have heard about pricing, this may be the perfect doll for first time buyers.
I have to admit though, those wrinkled bother me to but for the price point, something's got to give.

The marketing pics are pretty sweet too!
100% agree  :thumb:, they will certainly fill a gap in the market but wont be competing with the super realistic dolls but yeah the price, light weight and compact storage are huge selling points for all those that don't want to pay out big money, have limited space and/or don't have the strength for full size silicone or TPE dolls.

Possibly he's referring to a doll you take for a quick spin around the block. LOL

Wondering if this will be offered on the US site at some point......
:laugh: Maybe  HifiMan meant breakdancing  :o or coz of the light weight its easy to spin the doll over from missionary to doggy.. :P

Just a thought, they would make really good flotation aids.  Imagine turning up at you local outdoor swimming pool with one of these girls under your arm while everyone else has their boring rubber rings and inflatable crocodiles. . . the local teenagers would be so jealous watching you paddling around using one of the detached arms. :whistle:

I'm sure they will be available worldwide once they get production sorted out, think I read somewhere Cloud Climax had ordered the first 50 dolls and the first sample is due to be shipped Oct some time, hopefully we'll get more info once that sample gets out.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:26:22 PM »
This is what I knew as a 'Spinner'

spinner
A petite woman. Denoted as a joke, whereby the petite woman is so thin she is able to be mounted and spun in a circle on an erect penis. Also known as 'Sit and Spin'

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 05:14:24 AM »
This is what I knew as a 'Spinner'

spinner
A petite woman. Denoted as a joke, whereby the petite woman is so thin she is able to be mounted and spun in a circle on an erect penis. Also known as 'Sit and Spin'
Oh I see, cheers. :thumb:  :o

mi6c

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 12:04:55 AM »
When I first saw this doll, I was slightly enthusiastic, DS is a pretty good manufacturer, Kayla certainly not bad looking. :)
Then Sandro reminded me of Candy8teens similarity and I started thinking about the DS Mini skeleton disaster a bit more.  :(
After that I went through the pictures on the Chinese site and while the bending picture is kinda telling of what to expect, overall it looked interesting enough, especially since the body measurements fall squarely into my most desired bracket, i.e. other than that she could still be 110% scaled, they're close to perfect. ;D
With the price tag( admittedly labeled for Crowdfunding) being 2500 CNY, so around €333 I kinda considered her a slightly expensive but very flexible mannequin with desired measurements - so I would have bought her as a sample to see what it was all about had this been possible. :whistle:
But alas, it was not and at the time of this writing there are now 300 on offer in Japan from Arte Tokio sporting a price tag of 59800 JPY, that´s roughly €200 or about 60% higher than the original Chinese price. >:(
Assuming the international price to be closer and maybe slightly above the current Japanese one, adding transport and customs & taxes I will very likely not be interested much any more and wait for others to find out what to expect and how this one will perform. :-\
Just my ups and downs about this odd one out.
Kind regards,
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
mi6c, I'm sitting on the same fence. ;) 

But yes it will be interesting to see and hear what the first samples reveal from honest reviewers and also the price the vendors will sell these dolls for. :thumb: 

HifiMan

• Resident
  • TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 01:34:09 PM »
You old people are funny  :P.......you guys have to go to "the internets" to find out what a spinner is......I love incred's technical definition of spinner.  :laugh: