Author Topic: DS lite (foam doll)  (Read 5438 times)

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: DS lite (foam doll)
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »
When reading through this dolls announcement in another place there was speculation that this would be a 'skinned' foam doll - meaning those thought that there was a separate skin over the PU foam.  The PU foam used must be self skinning so in fact there is no separate skin involved:
Quote from: cloudclimax.com
The material used is Polyurethane Foam. There is no 'Skin layer'. The Polyurethane Foam is the skin.

Ignoring the relatively cheap price - the photos showing the crinkly skin when an elbow is bent don't look so pleasant but at least its shown what to expect. 

Seeing this "skin" reminded me of how Ruby13 made their foam cores. After the foam core comes out of the mold it has a smooth skin that looks like this doll's skin. Ruby however has to cut this skin off so the silicone has a rough surface to grab to.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 05:43:40 AM »
Well certainly a step up doll from an airgirl if the price is right.

Sounds like you might be about to order one Flash?....... :)

I'm thinking that's exactly the point with this doll, its bridging a gap in the doll market. :thumb:

I doubt I'll be ordering one, I've already got my work cut out looking after the 3 silicone girls.  Although back in the day when I started with air girls I would have much preferred  something like this, more solid, poseable skeleton, light weight, easy storage. :thumb:

Seeing this "skin" reminded me of how Ruby13 made their foam cores. After the foam core comes out of the mold it has a smooth skin that looks like this doll's skin. Ruby however has to cut this skin off so the silicone has a rough surface to grab to.

Yep with silicone dolls the silicone needs that mechanical lock to prevent de-lamination. 

Those wrinkles on the DS Lite are inevitable with a full PU doll, its a soft self skinning foam after all.  The photo's are of one of the first DS Lite dolls to be produced so it may be that there are still manufacturing improvements to be made yet. ;)   

mi6c

• New Resident
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »
With the price tag( admittedly labeled for Crowdfunding) being 2500 CNY, so around €333 I kinda considered her a slightly expensive but very flexible mannequin with desired measurements - so I would have bought her as a sample to see what it was all about had this been possible. :whistle:
But alas, it was not and at the time of this writing there are now 300 on offer in Japan from Arte Tokio sporting a price tag of 59800 JPY, that´s roughly €200 or about 60% higher than the original Chinese price. >:(
Assuming the international price to be closer and maybe slightly above the current Japanese one, adding transport and customs & taxes I will very likely not be interested much any more and wait for others to find out what to expect and how this one will perform. :-\
Well, the current actual price on the chinese EX-Doll site is now 3980 CNY translating to roughly €537 or about $590 and therefore pretty much exactly the Japanese price.

Kind regards.
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
Cheers for the info mi6c  :thumb:

I'm sure you've seen these recent photos posted on Chinese EX doll bbs forum and already posted on other western forums.  Apparently these dolls are still in the 'beta' stage as they are still not available for the western market.

Maybe they will adjust the PU formula to show less wrinkles. .  will wait and see when the second version comes out. :-\

Doll-on-Stage

• Lurker
  • like lite doll´s
    • Doll on Stage UG
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 04:05:22 AM »
Hello
My lite doll is on the road to me! I expect her on Thuesday next week.
Hope I can show you the first quality report and also first new photos soon.
Bye Axel
Doll-on-Stage

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »
Hey Axel! Congrats on your order. Also welcome to the community...  :) I'm defiantly excited to see pictures and read your review when you get her....
DOLLS + LINGERIE = ONE HECK OF A GOOD TIME!!!!