Author Topic: Another eye and eyelash thread...  (Read 2407 times)

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Another eye and eyelash thread...
« on: November 19, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
Hi all,
A while back I ad to pop out Brynn's eyes to do some lash repair. To date one of the eyes bugs a bit.
I've tried to remove it repeatedly to adjust the polyfill behind the half round eye. It seems to be separating into pills.

In the process I tore her upper eyelash. It's ok, she still says she loves me  :redhead:

What I am wondering is this, there are many sources of lashes for the upper lid but none I can find for the lower.
Is it a matter of getting an extra set o uppers and trimming them?

Also, this half round eye design seems a little janky. Is there a way to replace them with full round eyes?
I recall a head at the other place that said RealDoll eyes would fit her but I'm not sure.
She us a WM 140 (T1300)
Thanks in advance,

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Another eye and eyelash thread...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 06:09:42 PM »
Ive seen many eyelash sets for sale in different stores, but I never really paid attention as to weather they have smaller ones for the lowers or not.
If you cant find lowers, I would imagine trimming an upper set would work.

As I understand it, Abyss uses 24mm eyeballs. so if Brynn's eyes measure 24mm, then Abyss eyes should fit fine.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
Thanks guys.
Yeah, I was looking in drug stores today as I had to pick up a prescription for Mrs Doc.
Funny how that "OMG... what if someone I know SEES me?" thing wears off.

Thanks for the link incred. Those look great on her.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
Those are 32mm half-round eyes. Mannequinfan is the man with the plan for WM eyes. I have his eyes in all my TPE heads. Once the eyes are in, you can change the iris color in seconds without pulling the eyeball if you have another color laying around. Each time I pull the eyeballs out I usually knock the eyelashes loose. Gluing them back is simple until one of them is torn. That hasn't happened yet. I have a spare set that came with a smoky-eye kit, but that's my backup for when the inevitable occurs. I've seen full sets with lower lashes many times, even at Walmart. I'm sure you can locate a set, especially on the internet. BTW, Mannequinnfan made that head stand too. I'd shoot him a PM.

Jotti with 14mm baby blues

Mileena with 12mm easy-move amber eyes

Mileena with 14mm easy-move brown eyes

Vema with 14mm amber

pygmalion2

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
For this Eliza head (Ellie)  the lashes were removed, the make- up and eyeliner were removed.  Sealed with 2 part silicone and
silicone adhesive with colour was used to re attach the lashes.  The upper I used Blue + black for dark blue and the lower I used medium skin tone.
The slight bit of powder is corn starch.

Original head

With changes - new eyes, lip colour, eyeliner, cheek blush
Realdolls and Sinthetics

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
Nice!
The Sinth girls are amazing! :thumb:

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
Those are 32mm half-round eyes. Mannequinfan is the man with the plan for WM eyes. I have his eyes in all my TPE heads. Once the eyes are in, you can change the iris color in seconds without pulling the eyeball if you have another color laying around. Each time I pull the eyeballs out I usually knock the eyelashes loose. Gluing them back is simple until one of them is torn. That hasn't happened yet. I have a spare set that came with a smoky-eye kit, but that's my backup for when the inevitable occurs. I've seen full sets with lower lashes many times, even at Walmart. I'm sure you can locate a set, especially on the internet. BTW, Mannequinnfan made that head stand too. I'd shoot him a PM.

Thanks for the tip. I contacted him and Brynn's new eyes ship tomorrow. Went for the box set with the extra iris'. Got green (of course) and brown.
It will be so nice to be able to easily swap out eye colors!  :thumb:
MF is a really friendly guy and the communication was excellent. I hope to be posting pics some time next week after they arrive.  8)

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 10:16:59 AM »
I don't even bother reattaching them any more. Unless your really looking for them you cant tell whether the eyelashes are there or not.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »
I don't even bother reattaching them any more. Unless your really looking for them you cant tell whether the eyelashes are there or not.

Eyelashes are much easier to reattach on TPE because you can use superglue which dries in seconds as opposed to sil-poxy.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 10:49:36 AM »
I like to use Permatex Automotive Black Silicone.

Dries quick like Silpoxy, and blends in with the eyeliner.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
I got the eyes and eyelids today and they look awesome!  8)
I haven't put them in yet as I've spent all day working on our snowblower and my hands are a little dirty still.
That and i strained my back. Old man is old!  :-[
Funny how you can toss around a doll with no trouble but you twist just a little the wrong way while working and BLAMMO!

I have to get lashes still to glue to the eyelids that came with the set.

If anyone is looking for eyes for their WM, I suggest you send a PM to MannequinFan
This is the most elegant solution I've seen yet!
Thanks Begog for hooking me up with that! :thumb:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHr1f8uwMMo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LHr1f8uwMMo</a>

MannequinFan

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 08:14:31 PM »
Hey Doc, I'm so glad you like them and thanks for the mention! :)
Thanks also to Begog for his continuing support!

I'm planning on starting a thread here when I get a chance, but until then I've made a gallery with info and prices for the eyes and head stand.
Check it out here...
http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12721

Here's my WM#21 head with 12mm green iris and both upper and lower eyelid inserts.
Eyeballs are the natural ABS color which are a bit whiter than the OEM eyeballs...

With 14mm green iris and upper eyelid inserts only for a more natural look.
This also shows the new tinted eyeball color...

A bonus with the eyelid inserts is they can be closed for sleeping... :)

If anyone is interested in these, please PM me here or you can contact me at Mannequinfann@gmail.com

Thanks again,
MF

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 07:20:19 PM »
Before we get started... Yes, I know her eyebrows look bad and need to be redone! :P

Just got to the point where the eyes are in and I felt that there should be some pics.
These are the eyes I got from MannequinFan and let tell you they are incredible!

They are VERY easy to install and change (see video above)
Here are the pics. Again, sorry about the brows, I got a little sloppy with the OMS and... you know the rest!
I plan on getting her some synthetic eyebrows from headcovers.com
After searching high and low for lashes, I found that the Dollar Store carries really nice lashes in their makeup aisle. Of course I found that out AFTER I paid more at Rite-Aid.

I have put a comment below each pic;

When I first put them in, she looked really mean or really shocked.
I came to find out that the trick was to adjust the lids a bit so she didn't look so murdery  :o

This is what they should look like once you get them adjusted right!  8)

The iris' pop out really easily with the magnet tool

The brown iris' look so soft and sweet. They also happen to match the Tiger Eye beads on her nipple rings  :drool:
However, Mrs Doc says she likes the green ones so...

With the lower lid removed, she can get a little flirty before she gets a little dirty  :redhead:
BTW, nice paint match MannequinFan!

I'm kind of toying with the idea of leaving the lower lids off altogether. What do you think?

Yeah, yeah, I'll order those eyebrows tomorrow!  :-[

Thanks again and a big round of applause for MannequinFan and those like him who are making it possible for our girls to have some of the features their big sisters have! 8)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »
Now thats really a brilliant little tutorial , what a very clever idea, need some for 27mm eyes now.
The Sin would look great being able to blink/wink ... :)
for album click the pic