Author Topic: Ruby Kaput?  (Read 1879 times)

Begog

• Sr. Resident
Ruby Kaput?
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
Looks like Ruby13 is gone. Probably a victim of TPE. Unless someone buys the molds and business, it appears this beloved doll maker will go away.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=85741

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
Re: Ruby Kaput?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »
That often happens when you have Nothing new to offer and don't create new products and overlook the male doll community. An error TPE manufacturers don't do and it does show in their success. TPE's manufacturers creativity and openmindedness are their ultimate power and force.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »
Damn :(
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »
This is a real bummer to read about. I was always hoping with the anime looking type bodies that maybe
some anime type heads would be eventually made. Hopefully whoever takes over the Ruby line of dolls
will have an artist backround and be willing to delve (get involved...) in areas like this.

With the exception of some of the breast gel running out of Marla's left breast, she is holding up very well
and is very nice to cuddle with in bed. Thinking she'll last a good while.  :)

Take care. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, and Michiko.

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »
Are they truly GONE?  I don't goto TDF so I haven't seen the post.  Their Twitter says they're stopping orders after June 30th with HIATUS (their wording) beginning in September.  No mention whatsoever of closing up shop permanently.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »
Are they truly GONE?  I don't goto TDF so I haven't seen the post.  Their Twitter says they're stopping orders after June 30th with HIATUS (their wording) beginning in September.  No mention whatsoever of closing up shop permanently.
What have I got to do, copy/paste Brash's post because you are too proud to read it anonymously?   ::)  Any visitor can read the Ruby subforum.

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 08:23:43 PM »
What have I got to do, copy/paste Brash's post because you are too proud to read it anonymously?   ::)  Any visitor can read the Ruby subforum.

That would be a great help, thanks! ;D

Eva Kumiko

• Doll Account
  • Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
That often happens when you have Nothing new to offer and don't create new products and overlook the male doll community. An error TPE manufacturers don't do and it does show in their success. TPE's manufacturers creativity and openmindedness are their ultimate power and force.
Nonsense. No doll business marketed a male doll first, even the TPE manufacturers didn't. Every doll business tries his best to improve and develop. They know they should. It's a matter of money to invest.

That would be a great help, thanks! ;D
Copy and paste from the other forum here? Great help?

Well, what I understand from reading anonymously is that Jim doesn't want to stop the business. He has to go back to the work he did before the passing of Don. Ruby13 waits for someone who has the money to contunue a good business.
Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuss auf Liebe eingestellt.
1930, Friedrich Hollaender

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
From Brash this week:

Brash    Post subject: Ruby13 hiatus
Just a heads up to Ruby fans about to purchase and for those who've already purchased.
We will be taking August and September to finish all orders that have come in. Once we finish everything we will be putting Ruby in storage while we are gone for a while.

If you are interested in purchasing the Ruby molds, manufacturing plans and name etc let me know. I can train you while making our final orders. We will be finishing up all orders by mid October. Email me with any questions. Jimruby13@gmail.com

we will stop taking orders at the end of this month.

That way we can fulfill everything that's been ordered before we pack everything up.
This is a great product with solid possibilities for someone who has a bit of money to put into it.
If my dad had put the right amount of money into the promotion from day one we'd be further along.
I am a photographer and film maker and need to go back to my work now. Again. feel free to
email me if you're interested in talking Ruby13

From Brash today:

Brash    Post subject: Re: Ruby13 hiatusUnread postPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017

Thank you. I will miss the folks here.
Here Are the parts we are selling.

1. All tooling (molds)
2. The name
3. The art logos etc
4. The site
5. The videos
6. The recipes
7. Vendor list
8. Social media accounts Fb Tw Tdf etc
9. Manufacturing steps (how to)
10. Hands on training
11. The phone number

So if someone is interested in taking Ruby
From here on please feel free to contact me at
Jimruby@gmail.com

So, if you are interested in becoming a doll maker, here's a golden opportunity. -Begog

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 12:13:09 PM »

Well, what I understand from reading anonymously is that Jim doesn't want to stop the business. He has to go back to the work he did before the passing of Don. Ruby13 waits for someone who has the money to contunue a good business.

Also it sounds like he's found it too difficult to juggle a day job as well as run Ruby 13 virtually on his own, I can imagine it was impossible to manage especially with all the shit that's happened in the past with the sub contractors/manufacturers theft of materials.  Can't really blame him for having had enough and wanting to go back to his normal job.  Hopefully someone will take Ruby 13 on as a business venture, demand still seems to be there to warrant a resurrection.  Brash says he's willing to train whoever buys the molds. 

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »
 :o well I guess o won't get a small version doll now wimper, love the ruby dolls a bunch
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
Such a pity. And they had the best looking 'African' face of any doll maker too. All I was waiting for was a body I liked.  :(
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
Wish i had a million dollars i would take it over!! love these dolls a bunch!!
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
Quote from: grenouille on June 06, 2017, 05:41:46 AM

That often happens when you have Nothing new to offer and don't create new products and overlook the male doll community. An error TPE manufacturers don't do and it does show in their success. TPE's manufacturers creativity and openmindedness are their ultimate power and force..

Nonsense. No doll business marketed a male doll first, even the TPE manufacturers didn't. Every doll business tries his best to improve and develop. They know they should. It's a matter of money to invest.

When you decide to only market female dolls, you decide to only have half the orders you could have. Sinthetics have almost more male doll orders than female dolls orders. It's absolutly not a market to discard when you want to be a healthy company. Most TPE manufacturers understood it and they already have all their male dolls. It's healthy and they're healthy. That's pure logic. So targeting a wider audience is a nonsense? no it's pure intelligence.

As for a matter of money to invest. I don't think ruby has been working a lot on new products. Their dolls obviously aren't that popular anymore and the TPE competition is not the only issue. Otherwise Sinthetics and Realdolls would have went bankrupt too. I believe when the majority of people aren't buying these dolls it must be because there must be Something in them that is not working for most people.

I see other companies that should work harders on new projects if they don't want to meet the same destiny as that company sadly.