Author Topic: Oh shit.  (Read 1483 times)

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
Re: Oh shit.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
It's scary at first to do these kinds of things but once you get the hang of it you worry less.

There really is no reason one should have to get the hang of these things.

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 08:01:01 PM »
It's gotten worse, quickly:

I contacted Sinthetics, who got back to me offering to let me send them the Doll, to have Matt fix the tear. They didn't address the broken spine issue.

I'm not really sure how to proceed here. It would be great to have the manufacturer patch her up, but who knows how long *that* might take... not keen on a 6 month or year wait. On the other hand, I don't have pigment powders to color silicone in the repair, so it's likely to be an ugly scar if I do it myself.
      The split has widened horrifically; at this point I'm worried the doll will actually come apart into two pieces, especially if I try to move it anymore, or pack it up to send it. If I were to try to fix it myself, obviously I'm going to have to cut vertically up the back to deal with the broken pipe in the spine. My question is, should I close up the lateral split first, and only then make the vertical cut? On the one hand, I'm worried the lateral split will only get wider, and having cuts in both directions open at once will make it harder to close them up properly. On the other hand, it looks like it's been a real challenge for other doll surgeons to keep the incision open to properly access the spine with only a vertical cut, requiring some clever means of propping it open.
Advice? How would you deal with a problem like this?

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 10:04:40 PM »

Oh man - Sorry to see this, Zardoz... Hope you get a resolution soon.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:31:27 AM »
Sorry to hear this....I'm with Incred on this one...if Sinthetics is offering to do the repair, it will be done well and look great!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 08:54:47 AM »
If there offering grab the offer with both hands, its a bastard horrible job to tackle yourself, I know, been there done it !
for album click the pic

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
Hmm, ok, lots of votes for having Sinthetics do the repair... thanks guys!
    Just to be clear, I believe this is part of their "Doll Hospital" service, and certainly wouldn't be free. They said they can't offer an estimate until they assess the doll in person.
Between the cost of shipping (though I'm close enough that it wouldn't be out of question for me to drive it to them myself), and unknown cost of repair... at an unknown date... I'm half tempted to see if someone here will buy the doll "as is" for a discount, and just getting myself a TPE doll.
        That sucks, because my Sin is amazing, and custom-made to my exact specifications. I waited a damn long time for it, and I still have yet to see another doll, anywhere, that I find as attractive (or versatile) as their Alicia 1B. But it's already been a huge investment, and this looks to be a further significant expenditure. This is the only doll I've owned, so I don't have a standard for comparison. But I've been shocked at the properties of the silicone: it seems to tear very easily. Before this giant split associated with the broken spine, there have been tears in one foot, the other knee, a "finger poke" (thumb -- first I've heard of in a Sinthetic), a small hole in the lower back, and I've had to repair tears in the vaginal area several times, despite it being an insert doll. The doll has also picked up a number of compression marks (visible for example in the pictures of the back I posted in this thread) that don't seem to go away; I haven't seen this on other silicone dolls. I certainly use my doll for sex, but I don't think I've been particularly careless in handling her (no dropping, resting on hard surfaces, crazy positions, etc). Maybe I'm rougher on my toys than I realize, and everyone else manages to be much gentler. Maybe it's inevitable wear and tear from lots of use (8 times in one 24 hour period is a record from the early days that I haven't come close to since, but it's not unusual for me to bang her two or three times a day, though other times the doll is stored for days or weeks.) On the other hand, I know they used a new silicone mix when making my doll... I certainly don't want to make any unfounded allegations, but I can't help but wonder if that's a factor in the problems I'm running into.

Anyway, for now I'm still pondering what to do. I sent a further message to Sinthetics asking about getting a repair kit, and whether they'd be able to repair the spine, as well as hoping for at least some ballpark figures of time and money involved in having them do the repair. I have the right silicone to seal cuts, though it may leave an unsightly scar since I don't have pigments. That said, I've been pleased with how my home repairs to the vaginal tears have turned out: not perfect, but not too obvious either. In the meantime, if anyone wants to make me an offer to take her off my hands and fix her yourself... I'm listening, and would definitely consider it.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »
I have to agree with Incred and others, even though it is going to cost, and probably a LOT. Still, they can do the repair better than you with the least amount of scarring. The alternative is to take a major beating on the doll, and cut your losses now. If you keep moving her, she'll be in two pieces, with a scar in the front after surgery as well. Waiting is not a good option either. I'd box her up carefully and send her back soon, taking great pains to insure she doesn't show up there in two pieces. And, if you can deliver her yourself, I would. FedEx and the like will not respect your box any more than any other, likely to make matters worse. With any luck, you'll have her back before the end of next year. In the mean time, order that TPE doll, and you'll be amazed at the pounding she can take, not to mention how good she is in bed. There is no doubt in my mind that if I screwed my Sinthetic 2-3 times a day, she'd be broke all to hell in 6 months time. I've only screwed mine a couple times this year. By contrast, I got a TPE doll with 600+ under her belt, still going strong. When you get the Sin back, just use her for pics mostly, and sex sparingly like I do, and she should last a good long time. After the TPE doll blows her away in bed, that will be a lot easier. My Real Doll blows my Sin away in bed too, and built like a tank by comparison. Sins are fragile mannequins that CAN do sex. That's how I look at it, and just my opinion, but many will agree. Good luck with your repairs. We are all pulling for you.

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »
It is totally sad this situation, but I agree with all others : take the offer of Sinthetics. And if I was you, I would like to bring her myself to their factory (even if I am in Canada actually).

I follow Begog too about the TPE doll. During your wait, just buy a TPE doll. They are great and since 2 years, you have all the models that you can want. When your lady will come back from the hospital, you always could sell or keep her. But at least you could sell her at a better price that if you are trying to do by yourself the repairs, or not doing the repairs at all.

Good luck in that. I hope this will never happen to me when I will have  mine.

Mike
Future owner of a Sinthetics 1H Alicia, Celestine, Eliza and Yuriko...in the production list !
Future owner of a Ruby, wide 3'' areolas, light skin tone...in production soon !
Happy owner of 2 CLM 160 !

Former owner of a 165cm K cup gigantic boobs.
Former owner of Abby (Maya) 100cm LARGE breast.
Former owner of a Penthouse® Jenna Rose CyberSkin® Reality Girl

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »
Depending on how far it is, you could always rent a vehicle to drive her out and then fly, rail, bus back as an alternative option to driving both ways.

Good luck! :cheers:

Stephanie Doll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 06:04:15 PM »
That's downright painful to see. My heart goes out to you.

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
Good news: I talked to Bronwen directly, and arranged to bring the doll to them soon. They predict being able to repair it quite quickly. I should get a chance to talk to Matt as well about what went wrong, and how best to avoid future problems. Very pleased with customer service on this issue.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »
SWEEEEET!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 07:39:58 AM »
Good news Zardoz!  Let us know how it turns out.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »
Very pleased with customer service on this issue.

Can't say how long it's been since I heard such a statement about Sinthetics, or if I ever even have, but I like the sound of it. Good luck, Zardoz!  :thumb: