Author Topic: In praise of Sinthetics' Doll Hospital.  (Read 1496 times)

Zardoz

• Resident
In praise of Sinthetics' Doll Hospital.
« on: August 11, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
Wow!
Matt K did a stunning job repairing my doll's broken spine, replacing it with a prototype of what he confirms will now be standard construction, stainless steel replacing the pvc segment that broke (between neck and mid-back joint). Barely a scar visible. Despite the huge lateral tear, and the further long vertical cut to access the spine.
And he tightened the wrists, which had gotten floppy.
And remodeled the torn armpit.
And fixed my ugly repair of the tear in the foot, after reinforcing it internally.
And a few more things here and there. He wanted to redo the paint, and reseal the air pockets in the hips, and tighten other joints, but my short visit didn't allow time for the full treatment.
They walked me through procedures to do as much of that as possible on my own, and packed me off with materials to do further repairs, including premixed pigment for the two-part silicone (in two shades).
Oh, and Matt, and Bronwen, and the Sinthetics staff are really cool and interesting people! They were very generous with their time as well, I got to spend a few hours touring their facility and talking with them.
Pictures to follow when I get home. But in short, I'm blown away by the miracles they worked. If I could have stayed a few days longer, I could have essentially gotten a completely tuned-up and refinished doll.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: In praise of Sinthetics' Doll Hospital.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
That's really cool.

Can't wait to see the pics.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »
This is a great post to read!

While I don't own one, it's nice to see a positive post about Sinthetics.
It sounds like they were really good to you in helping resolve your problem  :thumb:

I'm glad she's on the mend!

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »

Excellent news, Zardoz!  Sounds like they gave you the royal treatment!  Looking forward to your pics!

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:21:44 AM »
That is wonderful news, Zardoz!  :yipee:

Maybe next year you would like to join us for DollLAPalooza and get to visit them again, as well as hang out with some other really cool people.

This is the type of thing that most people never get to see about Sinthetics.  Matt and Bronwen are two of the most wonderful people you could ever meet!  It is great that you actually got to spend time with them.  If you had just sent them your doll, had it fixed, and then sent it back, you would have missed out on the best part of the experience (my opinion).  Besides, everyone loves a roadtrip. :P

A lot of people actually do visit and meet them but never post, probably due to the naysayers that seem to come out of the woodwork and crap all over these threads.  I sure hope that doesn't happen here.

Congratulations again and looking forward to your pictures.  Have a safe trip home.  :thumb:

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »

Maybe next year you would like to join us for DollLAPalooza and get to visit them again, as well as hang out with some other really cool people.

This is the type of thing that most people never get to see about Sinthetics.  Matt and Bronwen are two of the most wonderful people you could ever meet!  It is great that you actually got to spend time with them.  If you had just sent them your doll, had it fixed, and then sent it back, you would have missed out on the best part of the experience (my opinion).  Besides, everyone loves a roadtrip. :P

A lot of people actually do visit and meet them but never post, probably due to the naysayers that seem to come out of the woodwork and crap all over these threads.  I sure hope that doesn't happen here.

Congratulations again and looking forward to your pictures.  Have a safe trip home.  :thumb:

X2 !!  :thumb:
If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
@Zardoz;  It is always nice to see a post about a really good experience, most particularly when it involves a manufacturer.  :thumb:

Thanks for sharing a GOOD experience with us!
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:32 PM »
Quote from: Z-Dr on Today at 11:21:44 AM

X2 !!  :thumb:

and another X2 !!  :thumb:

I'm glad but not surprised to hear your recent visit with them was such a great time. Every time I've seen them was a great time.
Thanks for the info on the skeleton improvements. Great to hear your doll repairs were first class!!  :thumb:
I look forward to your pics!!!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
Awesome!  :thumb: You made the right choice.

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »
Thanks guys! I absolutely agree, meeting the makers was the highlight of the trip. Let me know the next time DolLApalooza is going on!

Guess who's back in action!

Can you tell which armpit was damaged?

How about which foot had an ugly repair scar?

The back is visibly scarred, but it's as good a repair as I could imagine, given the damage.
Bronwen suggested they could do a tattoo to help conceal it. I'll put some thought into for the future.

Welcome back!

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:30:18 PM »

Looks like she's still got it!

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 06:00:06 PM »
And looking a luscious as ever!   :drool:   :thumb:
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
I am seriously impressed!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
Great news !  :thumb:

Just my opinion, the scars add to her realism.

Sinthetics should add that to their options.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »
Very sweet!! She looks fantastic!!!!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.