Author Topic: Oil or Powder?  (Read 338 times)

AdamEve

• New Resident
Oil or Powder?
« on: November 16, 2017, 03:43:22 AM »
I am new to this world and gathering as much info as i can ...and have seen that there are two approaches to maintenance of doll figures: those who use oils Mineral I assume, as Petrochemical is bad, or powder. Can anyone share what they feel is best and why? thanks for help on this.  much appreciated in advance.

AdamEve

freefordoll

• New Resident
Re: Oil or Powder?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:52:06 AM »
I use both on my wmdoll. I use baby oil to clean her and keep her flexable and soft.i rub down one limb at a time then i use a credit card to scrape off the dirt and hair. Then i rub her again just for fun. Then after an hour or so i powder her. That makes her skin buttery smooth. Not only does she feel way better after. It's also very erotic to be lathered in oil with your favorite girl. Oh, i also gob vaseline on her holes and major joints before i put her away. The vaseline absorbes and those parts are soft and ready for action.

Macker

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:23:33 PM »
HI,
I can't stand the odor of baby oil/powder,
 so I've been using ordinary mineral oil and corn starch with good results.

Softair

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »
Both.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »
I know we're in the TPE section but it doesn't hurt to mention, oil is ONLY for TPE dolls.

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »
You are going to find two different schools of opinion on the oil thing: the ones who do use some kind of oil and those who do not use oil. 

I do not use oil on my TPE doll, now two years old. I just shower with my doll periodically, using water and an antibacterial liquid soap....plus lots of fun scrubbing with hands and soft cloth.  :whistle:

You will need to make a choice as to what you do, AdamEve.  Perhaps try one approach then try the other.

As to powder, I sparingly apply some to my doll after a shower after she's thoroughly dry.  On a day to day or weekly basis, I have grown accustomed to the TPE feel, so I do not regularly powder her--which I believe in some way can leech TPE oils from the skin causing it to prematurely dry.  That's just my opinion. 

On powder, I highly recommend basic corn-starch, since it is non-abrasive and works great.  Talc powder is essentially ground stone.  I recommend staying away from talc for your doll.

Hope this helps.

And if you are still uncertain, it's is always smart to test a small area or a test piece of TPE on what you intend to do.

Good luck!

SimonDC and Alexis

btw, my doll stays fairly protected, covered, and clean most of the time so she's not out running triathlons, doing mud-runs, and whatnots that could get her dirty.  Perhaps some people who do use their doll extensively find a benefit in using oil.  That's just a theory.

tealeaf

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:11 PM »
I just enjoy rubbing the oil all over her. If it has a benefit, great, if not, it's still fun.

BootyCallDolls

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
And that theory can be found on many places and makes alot of sense.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=88389

But sadly, some people went way over board and were oiling dolls all the time.
Just like to much water can kill you, too much oil can do harm to your doll.
And if you do decide to oil your doll, you must wash her first so you do not have what happened to a BCD FMer who made that mistake.
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls

Zarnon

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »
Here's the only reason I'm gonna powder.

Dust.

I've had two TPE dolls and the softer one definitely is a dust magnet.   I don't mean gets dirty,  I mean gets embedded with the stuff.   Next TPE doll I'm def doing the powder thing.

BootyCallDolls

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »
Why not try a body stocking?

FLDollGuy

• New Resident
    • Mon Amour Toujours
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
Here's the only reason I'm gonna powder.

Dust.

I've had two TPE dolls and the softer one definitely is a dust magnet.   I don't mean gets dirty,  I mean gets embedded with the stuff.   Next TPE doll I'm def doing the powder thing.

Powder is required maintenance for TPE and Silicone dolls.

https://youtu.be/1OYt50YQ8KE
http://www.monamourtoujours.com/

Mon Amour Toujours customers know the difference- A trusted vendor.

You have been so great through this entire process of just ordering her. I was overwhelmed at first when I was on my own in a sea of scams and shady deals. I was looking in the wrong places and lost in the amount of good and bad info. Thank you so much for answering every one of my constant emails and always responding like you are a friend. I couldn't have made it to this point without you. I also couldn't be happier with my purchase at this point and the relief of knowing that it's all in your hands now. I trust you. Thanks again Don.

R.C.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
Jeff be speaking the truth! Use as needed. Always powder when dry.