Author Topic: Odd Question - Sorry  (Read 428 times)

Sentinel4

• New Resident
Odd Question - Sorry
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »
Ok, so I am new to all of this and have a potentially odd question:

My wife passed away last year, and have been thinking about getting a WM or OR doll to sleep with.  Are they cold?  Would they leach my body warmth away from me?  Can I use an electric blanket to keep them warm?

I guess that's three questions....

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Odd Question - Sorry
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
Welcome! and don't worry about odd questions. Actually yours are very common ones.

I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's passing :(

At room temperature dolls are cool to the touch, and for a short time they will absorb some of your body heat, but they don't take long to warm up that way.
I would be very cautious when using an electric blanket on a TPE doll, if you do, use a low setting and I wouldn't leave her unattended. I have seen examples of them being damaged
by excessive heat when left under an electric blanket for a very long time, unattended.

I don't have a TPE doll of my own so you might get a better answer to your last question from those that do.

Have a peek in the Maintenance forum, you'll see discussions there on care, what to do and what not to do.

Good luck in your search :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
TPE is a thermoplastic (Layman's translation: It Melts), electric blankets are ok so long as the temperature can be controlled. Don't set it any higher than would be comfortable for you to lay in for a long period.

Once you remove her from the blanket though she will start losing heat, such is the way of the universe; heat will always disperse from the greater to the lesser areas.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »
I have both TPE and silicone dolls.

I also use an electric mattress pad and blanket to heat both. Nice to warm them on all sides.

I also find the TPE looses heat much quicker than silicone, but don't try to compensate by over heating a TPE doll.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:15:36 AM »
Welcome to ODC.

Please accept my condolences on your Wife's passing.

I have a WM 140 and I have found that she will absorb my body heat fairly well.
She's been with me for two years now and I have never found the need to use a heating device but everyone's different.
It certainly won't hurt to try it.

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »
Thanks for stopping by Sentinel4!

Great suggestions by everyone.  ;D

I also have a TPE doll (WM Dolls body, 156 cm D-cup) and I really enjoy sleeping with "her" at night.
With the temperatures slowing dropping at night, I'll pop in to our bedroom about 30 minutes before bed and turn on the electric blanket that lays on the bed sheet that covers my doll Alexis.  With a digital set range of 1 through 10, I'll typically have the electric blanket set at 2 most nights.  The TPE material will absorb some of that heat so when I get into bed, Alexis feels great.

The blanket also has an auto timer so it shuts off after 10 hours.

Please keep us in the loop as to your doll choice if you decide to go that route. Good luck sir!

SimonDC and Alexis

bestmthikr

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 11:27:46 AM »
Welcome aboard to dolldom! I have a 158 cm tpe, a 140 cm tpe, 100 cm tpe, and a silicone boy toy torso. I have a heat pad and an electric throw ( not blanket ) I mean throw. I use on both. The silicone torso to me like I there have mention hold body heat well my tpe doesn’t. On all my dolls I use a lower temperature setting with my heat pad. I used a higher temperature setting with the pad and it caused some deformation that the tpe doll to become repaired around her ankles. It caused her ankles creases to repair by rising to normal. I plan to show before and after videos in the future. Now with the throw it has a 4 hour timer and I just got it I put on low for 4 hours and it was safe. It has 3 settings low, med, and high.

P.s. I am very sorry to hear your wife’s passed. Dolls are nice to have for comfort. Hope better for you and healing thoughts.

Baby Ammie

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 11:42:57 AM »
hey there
i have a blanket but don't use because it gets to hot for me
i will throw sheet or towel in dryer for few mins and than put on her to warm her up

j.biv

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
Welcome. I am sorry to hear of your loss. My wife passed away in February. In July Daphne joined me. I don't use any kind of preheating. I find she warms up rather quickly when I hold her. Of course she is only 100cm/3'3". I sleep with the sheet pulled over my head to keep condensation from forming in my CPAP, so that holds the heat in nicely. Currently saving for a big sister doll, probably around 146cm. I'll find out then how much it takes to warm up more TPE.

Jeb

Sentinel4

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 07:44:13 AM »
Thank you for your condolences. 

So, I have another odd question...I do not care for painted nails, nor long nails.  Do tpe dolls come with short, natural nails and you glue the long nails on, or will I have to modify/clip a set of long natural French cut nails?

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:16 AM »
They come with long nails in most cases, but you can trim them to your liking. As for heat, the bigger the doll, and the less you weigh, the harder it will be to warm her with body heat. I can warm my YL128 quite easily, but if my bigger dolls are cold as a frog, that's a problem. A space heater can work in a bathroom or walk in closet, just don't aim it directly at the doll. Set it for about 90 and leave her for about an hour - more if she's big. In the summer, I close the vent in the doll room and they are always warm. I can even use the space heater in that room, but it takes longer.
I lost my wife in 2011, and know exactly how you feel. My condolences. A doll can really help in a number of ways. It will keep you sexually active and build stamina for when you do get lucky, you will no longer feel the need to pressure her too early, just because you are starving, and you will have guaranteed solid backup for when you don't score or she needs more time. She will not be able to manipulate you sexually, because you will no longer be dependant on her for that. All you need is a good hiding spot to continue living your life the way you want.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 04:28:36 AM »
And when ordering you could always ask for painted on nails, many companies offer that option.
for album click the pic

BootyCallDolls

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 08:30:32 PM »
You can order a doll without finger nails and easily glue on those you like.
Always be careful of those vagina warmers that come with the TPE dolls especially if you go built in.
Same thing if using a heating blanket.
Check on her periodically.
Jeff and the BCD Girls

FLDollGuy

• New Resident
    • Mon Amour Toujours
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »
Welcome to the doll community Sentinel4. My best to you as you get through the loss of your wife. Here's a video I did about the topic you're asking about:

https://youtu.be/VgjL-HYPx3Q
http://www.monamourtoujours.com/

Mon Amour Toujours customers know the difference- A trusted vendor.

You have been so great through this entire process of just ordering her. I was overwhelmed at first when I was on my own in a sea of scams and shady deals. I was looking in the wrong places and lost in the amount of good and bad info. Thank you so much for answering every one of my constant emails and always responding like you are a friend. I couldn't have made it to this point without you. I also couldn't be happier with my purchase at this point and the relief of knowing that it's all in your hands now. I trust you. Thanks again Don.

R.C.