Author Topic: The future of TPE  (Read 844 times)

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
Re: The future of TPE
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
It is not that TPE isn't  as durable as silicone. I have a TPE doll "April" that is over 2 years old, and I take her everywhere, literally, but they suffer more from abrasion damage than silicone dolls, in general. Maybe I am wrong, but I attribute that to the fact that they are much softer and less dense.
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

zarnon61

• New Resident
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:52 PM »
It is not that TPE isn't  as durable as silicone. I have a TPE doll "April" that is over 2 years old, and I take her everywhere, literally, but they suffer more from abrasion damage than silicone dolls, in general. Maybe I am wrong, but I attribute that to the fact that they are much softer and less dense.

So you are having peeling or the  TPE is rubbing off like an eraser?  I've never had that but my experience (like every doll owner) is limited to the dolls I've owned.  The only peeling I've ever had was on a 4woods because Hiroo used to (? still does?) a sealant to the body that was susceptible to abrasive substances like powder. 

One striking example of durability is the oral capabilities of TPE.  Man,  I got so sick of making a decision to use my silicone doll for oral sex or ruin the mouth it was irritating.  I've never had any trouble with my TPE doll in that respect and the softness is MIND BLOWING.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »
Another use for a neck bolt...A Doll Haulah;

Don't get me wrong, after taking over a hundred thousand pictures, I prefer a doll that can stand. I had Myffy custom made with a poseable skeleton, and she use to be able to stand before loosening. I also made a neck that could take a neck bolt because I knew that dolls don't stand forever. Also there is that washing, dressing, and storing a doll.

I also had ordered Sorcha with the photography option skeleton, which has tighter joints, but they can't handle the weight of standing. I was hoping she could, but at 100lbs I didn't even try.

I wouldn't be surprised that Abyss would make a standing doll some day. Maybe a lighter Boy Toy would be an option, at least to start with. A light metal frame would be awesome like aluminum or stainless, but light strong plastics, like polycarbonate are a good option.

There is something to be said about the doll being too soft. Like you said about squishing the TPE to the bone. I'm not sure if TPE can made with different hardness on the same doll at the same time. Even if they could then the cost of making them starts to go up. If the Chinese made a TPE doll like an American Silicone doll (foam cores, gels, different hardness) They would still be less expensive, but the price would be much closer. They still have the cheap labor, and mass production.

If the silicone doll makers made a standing option, at that point would there be much of an advantage on either side? In other words all things being equal, then it is down to do you like TPE or silicone.

Since I'm starting to ramble. What would be cool is to have electromagnetic joints. That way you can pose the doll then push a button and the doll locks in place. Then to change the pose unlock her and re-position. When off the joints wouldn't be floppy, but easy to move. My TPE doll is a little too stiff to move easily, one arm especially. To do a simple arm move, sometimes means I'll have to completely change the pose to make the arm move. The back twist is the worst.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 01:11:33 PM »
Yes, all the child slave labor does come in handy sometimes. ;)
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:49 PM »
@zarnon61:  Either I gave the wrong impression, or you misunderstood me. I am not having any issues with any of my dolls!  But it is simply a fact that TPE suffers more from abrasion damage than Silicone!
                   This is due because Silicone is a denser material than is TPE and the surface handles abrasions better than TPE.

If I have given the wrong impression I do apologize, But I believe you may have misunderstood my post!  And I do agree that in general, as far as I know TPE handles Oral much better than
                   Silicone. I would think that TPE stretches more than Silicone, but that is simply my observation! The other thing is TPE heads have a lot more material in the cheeks that do silicone dolls, at least
                   the one's that I have seen!

BootyCallDolls

• New Resident
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »

6YE is closing the gap.
The future looks bright!
Look for yourself.
Jeff and Nyoko

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
Perhaps but manufacturers need to ditch the "watermelon patch" breasts
and deliver some more mature looking faces.
A bit of a smile might be nice too.

BootyCallDolls

• New Resident
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2017, 09:34:03 PM »