Author Topic: Alita: Battle Angel Movie  (Read 199 times)

SimonDC

• Resident
Alita: Battle Angel Movie
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
This looks intriguing...

Alita: Battle Angel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

Coming out Summer 2018

SimonDC and Alexis

belshanar

• Sr. Resident
Re: Alita: Battle Angel Movie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
I'll be there to see it.

I know James Cameron has wanted to make this movie for a very long time (since it was a fresh anime/manga in the 1990s), and sort of did with the television show Dark Angel starring Jessica Alba (2000), but since he is currently up to his earballs in it making his Avatar sequels, the directing duty fell to Robert Rodriguez. He, is known for the Mexican Trilogy (El Mariachi, Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico), the Sin City movies and the Spy Kids franchise (made specifically for his children, how cool is that!?) as well as many others.

It has the look to be good, and I sincerely hope it is. Despite some obvious shortcomings (music was all wrong, and the characterization of the Major/Motoko and her overall story could not have been further off the mark), Ghost in the Shell was actually great adaptation of an anime and manga. The look and tone was spot on.

Hopefully the audience and critics alike will like this one. Or at least the audience, so that they buy enough tickets that more anime and manga films get the green light for a live action adaptation.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Ki - Sinthetics B2D (Alicia head). These two Sinthetics dolls also share Emma (Celeste head), Danielle (Tawney head), Yuki (Kimiko head) and Freja (Willow head) between themselves; Esmeralda - RD Hybrid Samantha Saint Body+++ (Jessica Drake head); Unnamed Passion Doll 163cm with unnamed Penelope and Bambi heads.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »
OH HELL YES!!!!

I love that all out favorite Anime's are getting made.
GITS was much better than I thought it would be, even though they kind of brought elements of Innocence into it.

Um... are they going to be making Cutey Honey anytime soon?  :-[

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 09:56:16 PM »
Was that video supposed to be silent? Because I didn't hear anything (yes, both my computer's and the video's volume was turned up) Also other YT vids had sound.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 11:16:01 PM »
Was that video supposed to be silent? Because I didn't hear anything (yes, both my computer's and the video's volume was turned up) Also other YT vids had sound.

Video has sound.  Just checked.

Stephanie Doll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
'Battle Angel Alita'  is arguably one of the greatest mangas of ALL TIME! I hold it right up there with 'Battle Royale' 'Akira' and 'Crying Freeman.'

I reread the entire series a few years ago and loved it just as much as when I first read it. If you've never had the pleasure, READ IT RIGHT NOW! And don't cheap out and download it for free online, buy the trade paperback English translation like I did in the 90.

At first the series seems to have a simple story, Alita is a heroic killer cyborg who looks like a Lolita and battles evil killer cyborgs. The artwork and the action means there's never a dull page.

As the series progresses new characters are introduced the story becomes much more complex and will literally bring you to tears.

It would make a great live action movie which would be hard to muck up. All they need to do is show Alita fighting killer cyborgs and it will be perfect. What could possibly go wrong?

Hollywood is SURE TO MUCK IT UP just like they did with 'Ghost In The Shell'!!!!

At first I thought all the whining about the "whitewashing" of 'Ghost In The Shell' was meaningless. How can Hollywood be blamed for casting white actors in a movie based on a Japanese story when the movie will be the American version of the story?

OH HOW I WAS WRONG!!! The horror of the 'Ghost In The Shell' film was far worse than I could have imagined! The movie still takes place IN JAPAN WITH ALL JAPANESE CHARACTERS PLAYED BY WHITE ACTORS SPEAKING ENGLISH!!!! WTF?

Unlike the 'X-Men' films where the makers actually bragged about never having read the comic!!! 'Ghost In The Shell's makers clearly did read the manga (or at least watched the 1995 movie) as some scenes are taken from them. They're just completely mucked up!

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 11:17:14 AM »
That does look good. I hope the movie does the premise justice.