Author Topic: New and lost  (Read 107 times)

Simmedic

• Lurker
  • New and fascinated
New and lost
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »
I'd guess this is yet another newbie post and maybe y'all get bored with them.

Don't laugh but I've only just discovered that solid life size TPE dolls even exist. And I'm fascinated. So fascinates that it seems all I've done over the past week is Google search this subject. Today I decided to look up doll community and here I am.

I have SO many questions. I've read some of the boards and been to the chat but I'm still lost. I don't even know where to begin. I need expert advice and someone to help me figure out where to begin.

I've seen pictures.. so many pictures of beautiful dolls. I've read that there are scams and this brand vs that brand. How do I decide what is real or fake? Do dolls really look like the AD pictures out of the box or will I need to become a makeup artist? Is the JY doll who's pictures I'm so infatuated with worth the money I would spend?

So many questions... does anyone have time to help?

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: New and lost
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »
Welcome to ODC!

We are never bored with new folks! just remember, we were all newbies at one time.
look around here at the different threads, if you have specific questions you cant find the answer to, don't be afraid to post them.
and in chat were all to happy to answer questions.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Simmedic,

Welcome to Our Doll Community! Some dolls have makeup at the maker and is sealed. Some people prefer to change the makeup, so they get their dolls without makeup. The gallery picture will tell you how successful the makeup artists are. The makers' website should tell you what the options are.

Finding the doll that you want is getting more complicated due to the quantity of dolls on the market. This also affords you more choices, and a better chance of finding the doll of your dreams. Good luck and good hunting!

:) :) :)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
 :welcome: to ODC.

Looking for your first doll you are better off with a TPE because of the cost. If the sport isn't for you then you won't be out a lot of money. Silicone dolls are much more expensive so you don't want to damage them.

It's like learning to drive, your bound to have an accident until you get some experience. Another option is to look in our Auction section for a used doll.

Look in TPE Town at the links page. There are plenty of choices there. Also look at the TPE members section at peoples dolls. There are reviews there that you what you mostly want to know, and you can always ask if you get stuck  ;)