Author Topic: Who has non-doll site socialness?  (Read 211 times)

chaosninja7

• New Resident
  • わがたましいわけんこをもとめる‼
Who has non-doll site socialness?
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
Discord: Kodia Vakii'el#5129

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
Re: Who has non-doll site socialness?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
Do you have social media to chat with others outside of any Doll site?
About dolls? Or in general??
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

chaosninja7

• New Resident
  • わがたましいわけんこをもとめる‼
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »
Both.

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 05:34:59 AM »
No Social Media here. You may want to use caution disclosing too much of your doll hobby to others.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
I've been talking Doll in forum chat rooms since before Facebook, Twitter and Skype even existed.

This is my only form of social media. The others merely copied us.  :D
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
     Other than Our Doll Community and the fall-back website, I do no other social media. I seldom associate with the other residents of the apartment building, so ODC chat may be my only human contact for days at a time. "Hermit" best describes my 'social' personality, and I like it that way.

Years ago the younger of my two daughters talked me into getting a Facebook account. Since the non-daughter bullshit massively outweighs what she and her sister posts, I almost never go there.

I recently got an Instagram account, only to find that one cannot upload pictures to that website from a PC (WTF?). I still use it to follow a few actresses and actors that I like.

I have been on the forum for author Jim Butcher. He does not own that forum. The man who owns it is shutting it down at the end of the year. There was talk about moving the forum content to another format other than SMF. Since I will no longer have any control over my content, I deleted my posts and terminated my account there.

I do have a camera and microphone that I could attach to one of the computers, but I see no reason to do so. If anyone has any desire to see me, they can look in my gallery or follow my posts here.

:-X :-X :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

chaosninja7

• New Resident
  • わがたましいわけんこをもとめる‼
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
No Social Media here. You may want to use caution disclosing too much of your doll hobby to others.

I do not care what others think about me I am unique, and there will ALWAYS be haters and the ignorant. I am a free spirit and I will not let the opinions of other hold me back of being myself. If they can't see the light of being an actual human being to others, then they can piss off. If we as Doll'ers want to be accepted we need to stop being anti-social about having doll's and actually have a strong voice, rather then being shut in's and keeping to our selves. And by that I mean simply stating that you have a doll if someone talks about it (outside of the internet). Hell I myself would probably start a group that promotes Dolls everywhere, ACTIVELY.

PS... This rant was not directed to anyone in particular, just the Doll communities in general. If I am wrong do please feel free to PM me.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »
Look man, I would have skyped you, but I don't know you, you are new here, no one vouched for you, and I see no reason we can't have a lovely conversation in chat, and share all the pics we want.

Like most members here, I keep my doll life private from my life in the real world. If I went public, it could adversely affect my life and career. Once that is done, there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube.

-Begog

PS. Do you have a doll?

chaosninja7

• New Resident
  • わがたましいわけんこをもとめる‼
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Look man, I would have skyped you, but I don't know you, you are new here, no one vouched for you, and I see no reason we can't have a lovely conversation in chat, and share all the pics we want.

Like most members here, I keep my doll life private from my life in the real world. If I went public, it could adversely affect my life and career. Once that is done, there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube.

-Begog

PS. Do you have a doll?

Well, would you like to get to know one another? I like making new friends, and i agree with what you say. As it could negatively affect my Real Life, I am personally ready to fight that battle. But I respect and accept other peoples views given the nature of this Aspect of our lives.

PS. I do not but I swear to you I am saving for my first doll which will be a Riley from 1AM.

Softair

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »
I am without BookFace, Twitter, instagram, pinterest or any of that other stuff.  Virtually speaking I'm mostly a hermit.  I'm on some forums: personal finance, shooting, inflation and dolls.  That's about it.  I am not evangelical, I have no desire to be socially accepted as a doll owner.  I don't talk about my private life at work, I don't talk about my work outside of work.  I'm big on the discreet social circles :)

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 07:53:39 PM »
I'm not social online except here. If I wasn't into taking pictures of dolls I wouldn't be online other than to shop, or look something up. When I wanted to have a gallery online I had to join a doll forum because of the nature of this hobby. The bonus was getting to know people that have the same interest as me.

For my friends outside of dolls I just call, text, or go out and do things together.

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »
Both.
Newsgroups, yes, chat no. I never did like chat, it moves too quickly. I like being able to think about what I'm going to say.

That being said, I belong to a number of NGs, both adult and general interest.
Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And enjoying it!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls