Author Topic: The doorbell rings. It is Denise, Annabelle, and June -- and Cynthia as well...  (Read 48138 times)

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
Re: The doorbell rings. It is Denise, Annabelle, and June...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:56 AM »
Congratulation !

These dames are all stunning ! I love the pictures and the way you dress them.

:)

Anatomical Doll

• Doll Manufacturer
  • Resident
    • http://www.anatomicaldoll.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:45 AM »
Beautiful dolls, but only too big hands and a foot.
I not malicious, but Matt should see it.  ;D

caveman

• New Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
I have also noticed the hands on the LD.  Is this a photo thing?  Are they disproportionately large?  You guys who own them, do they seem a bit too big?

While we are on the subject, I have noticed in many photos of LD's what appears to be a slight curve in the shin.  The photo of Denise really emphasizes this.  Is this optical or does the shin, in fact, curve slightly?

I hope to own a LD one day so I think about these things; I am not trying to criticize Matt's phenomenal work.

Caveman

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 01:41:10 PM »
Hi Caveman! I had Amiko laying on my couch one day and
looked over at her legs and though one of them was broken
at the calf / shin area like you mentioned!!! But when I went
over to look at both her legs, I could see the symmentry
(eveness...) between them and was no longer worried (WHEW!)
The slight curve makes the legs look more natural looking and
is nothing to be worried about.

As for the hands...

They look very realistic and proportionate to the body. I hope
that close-up pic helps!! :)

Take care!! litlluvr, Yoshe, and Amiko.

caveman

• New Resident
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
That's a great looking hand, I must admit.  Are those nails integral silicone or an attached hard nail?  They look fantastic.

The pic doesn't really address the proportion issue.  All the parts of the hand are certainly proportional to the rest of the hand, but is the hand proportional to the body?

My hand, from tip of middle finger to wrist is about 3/4 the length of my forearm plus or minus.  How does hers measure?  The LD hand might look large because these dolls are so thin; I don't know.

Thanks,
Caveman

MrGrey

• New Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
Quote from: Everhard (on Doll Coffeeshop)
She is named after Annabelle Fritton in the 2007 movie St Trinian's.
Annabelle is head #4 with grey hi-realism eyes.

Annabelle has a very beautiful head - thanks for posting the wonderful photos, Everhard

Mrgrey

8)

My album is ..... here

AVTH

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
I know that photos may distort proportions.  Especially with short focal length and missing depth information (2D vs 3D). Probably arms are slightly "invisibly" folded towards to camera. That makes illusion of larger hands.  ;)

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »
I not malicious, but Matt should see it.  ;D
I have also noticed the hands on the LD.  Is this a photo thing?  Are they disproportionately large?
Yes, the hands are a bit large, but some real people too have larger than average hands and even heads. (My Laura, a small 4woods Neo-J doll, has a larger head than any of them, yet she is one of the smallest dolls.)

The slight curve makes the legs look more natural looking and
is nothing to be worried about.
In the standing photo of Denise, there is some weight on her legs, which caused them to 'bow' outwards slightly. (This afternoon I photographed her 'standing' leaning against a wooden fence. You could definitely see her legs bowing outwards under the strain. My Realdolls do the same, but perhaps it is not as noticable.) The problem is that the stand I used for that photo has 'notches' of height adjustment each more than an inch apart vertically. Therefore she is either hanging free of the base or her legs are bowed slightly under compression, at least when she is wearing shoes with that particular heel height.

caveman

• New Resident
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
Thanks, Everhard.  I hope to visit the LD studio one day see if these things would actually bother me.  I can be so picky.

I noticed after reading your post that as I read it, your voice was in my head saying the words.  A side effect, I guess, of having seen the BBC documentary.

Keep those pics coming.  I appreciate your elegant approach.

Caveman

mytime

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
Oleg wrote
I not malicious, but Matt should see it.

This is the first time that the hands draw my attention for being bit big, I admired them for their detail till you placed this remark, I had seen that they were not small but some woman have not really small hands, and the long fingers are beautifull. My brothers little Thai girlfriend has quite big hands with long elegant fingers e.g. also has quite some power in that hands too.
I do not know how the photo's have been taken, the photography could show the hands bigger as they are in real. I take photo's with a 50 mm lens, (NIKKOR AF 50 F1.8D) which is not a very expensive lens but I know from that lens that it has almost no distortion so it shows the truth or at least close to the truth.
In my opinion, Everhard you did get a nice doll with 3 beautifull heads, I like head #4 most she is in my opinion the most beautifull LD head till now, I enjoyed the photographs, especially the head shots.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
Doll community member since april 2003, doll owner since august 2004

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
This is the photo I mentioned previously of her 'standing' leaning against a wooden fence:
June in England

I wanted a full length photo, but her legs were 'bowed out' too much. I was under time pressure (yet another documentary maker was filming all this) so I did not even have time to go indoors and find a belt with which to tie her legs together under her skirt, which is a trick I frequently use with my Realdolls.

I have yet to take detail photos, but the details on these dolls are the most advanced I have seen or heard about. The fingernails (and toenails) are superb, as are the eyelashes, eyebrows, the eyes themselves (they have a new mechanism for positioning them) and in fact all the makeup. She has blusher highlighting various parts of her body too, mainly on the hands, arms, and legs. The head attachment is a bit cranky, but I still like it better than the Realdoll removable faces.

Don't forget to click just to the left of the 'C' in 'Copyright' at the bottom of the sepia photo page to see the slightly larger full color version.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 05:36:38 PM »
This body was done from a lifescan.

Somewhere out there , there is a girl with these hands and feet! The only alteration was to enhance her butt to make her more bootylisious!

More excellent pictures, Everhard! And yet another film crew captured your story! Thanks for being such an active ambassador!

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
Thanks for being such an active ambassador!
It's my pleasure and it seems only right, especially because Denise is named after a real ambassador's daughter.
Picture

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
Everhard,

The combination of face and wig for June gives her, at least to my eyes, a decidedly English look.  :)  Her picnic shot is reminiscent of "The splendor in the grass/ The glory in the flower". It would be interesting to see these pictures in full color! Excellent work!  8)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

caveman

• New Resident
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
Everhard, 

If you posted the info I missed it but I was wondering what their skin tone is?  Cream?  Oops, Peach.  I just saw it.

Also, do you know when and where the documentary will be showing?

Caveman